Jimmy issssss starting!

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#121 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,372 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:37 PM

You seem like somebody peed in your cormflakes today. By the way will you be in the stands rooting for Clausen to have a great day on Sunday? I will be there just like hopefully 70,000 others. I was a Jake fan when he started, was a Moore fan when he started and will be a jimmy now that he is starting. That what Panthers fans do, support who is playing and starting.

I have been a Panthers fan when Clausen was a kid and if the Lord is willing, will be a Panthers fan long after he retires. I will support him because he is the starter and hope he has a great day. It doesn't keep me from thinking he is going to struggle. And as for whether he gives us the best chance to win, based on what?? He hasn't won a game or done more than move the ball in junk time against a pretty poor team.

From what I have seen he is not that impressive and will make lots of mistakes particularly when teams gameplan against him. But time will tell and I hope I am wrong.

So stop getting all mad when people say anything critical of him. You really do sound like my 11 year old.

yep, this is a tough offense for a young QB. Tough offense for a QB to play in....good or bad weapons to use. Jimmy could easily have two games worse than Moore just put in. He has Cincy and NO coming up...tougher two games than Moore saw. Gotta be able to accept that as fans....rookie QBs generally look bad early. However, Carolina fans will expect solid play and be rooting for Moore or Pike likely soon to come in.

#122 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,795 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:38 PM

This..I think some people feel he is going to come in and light it up but I except this to be a long year with a rookie QB

Yep. People need to curb their enthusiasm and expectations a bit. I still don't think we're a playoff team...too many other problems.

As far as Clausen getting hammered...it could happen. But based on what I know about him, I don't think it's in his DNA to crumble.

I expect him to struggle, just like I would any rookie QB...especially given the fact that we have one good WR right now.

#123 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

Not even close. One is a kid the other is an adult you paid a lot of money to see who is a professional.

Pretty crappy analogy.

definitely not SAT worthy.

I'm just saying that there are going to be growing pains

#124 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,382 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

i'm gonna go get his jersey

#125 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,734 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:41 PM

Either that, or he really believes that Clausen give us a better chance to win. I don't know why people would think that's so far fetched. Fox has been watching them both in practice everyday, so he knows better than any of us.

He realizes that Moore didn't do much in practice last year but was a gamer. He might just see the same thing in Clausen and is going to pull the trigger sooner based on how last year ended up. Since he is gone next year anyway, if he ruins Clausen he doesn't have to be here to clean it up so what does he have to lose??

#126 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

You seem like somebody peed in your cormflakes today. By the way will you be in the stands rooting for Clausen to have a great day on Sunday?

Absolutely will, brother and I are taking our sons to their first, so yes and I'm bringing up and coming Panther fans with me.

I will be there just like hopefully 70,000 others. I was a Jake fan when he started, was a Moore fan when he started and will be a jimmy now that he is starting. That what Panthers fans do, support who is playing and starting.

So are you saying you're special? Because there are thousands of other people that were/will too...namely ME!

I have been a Panthers fan when Clausen was a kid and if the Lord is willing, will be a Panthers fan long after he retires. I will support him because he is the starter and hope he has a great day. It doesn't keep me from thinking he is going to struggle. And as for whether he gives us the best chance to win, based on what?? He hasn't won a game or done more than move the ball in junk time against a pretty poor team.

Based on the fact that we can't beat the BUCs with Matt as our starter!!!! What more do you need???? I mean really the BUCS.

From what I have seen he is not that impressive and will make lots of mistakes particularly when teams gameplan against him. But time will tell and I hope I am wrong.

Ok so let me make sure I understand what you are saying here. You found Matt Moore impressive because he beat the worst team in the league and then a team with the worst D in the league but you don't see what Jimmy has done while he has been in the game, as a rookie, down by multiple scores, with a terrible line, etc impressive? Hmmm; ok?

So stop getting all mad when people say anything critical of him. You really do sound like my 11 year old.

I'm not mad, I promiss you, I don't understand all the negativity you throw towards this kid every time his name is brought up but hey thats you. As a matter of fact if I see you at the game I'll even buy you a beer cause I don't get mad over interwebz message boards!

#127 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,928 posts

College and the pros are nothing alike, Sparky. You can float one in college and you gets lots of blown coverages and safety play is not that great. In the NFl those type of passes end up as picks. Just ask Moore.

Blah blah, blah blah blah.

You came across as if he can't throw it deep because he didn't do it in pre-season. Don't be stupid. Yes, stupid. He's able to throw it deep, just like any NFL qb can. Will it always be caught? Nope. Are we guaranteed a win with Jimmy in there? Hell no. Is he any better than Moore? Who knows. We aren't any worse for giving him a shot though.

We all know you are just sad because of Moore getting benched. Stop taking it out on this board by trying to nit pick over Clausen so much.

#128 Millions

Millions

#ThankYouBasedCam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, N.C.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

A lot of people confusing us jumping on his bandwagon and wanting to see what the rook has due to a struggling starter. For us thinking he's going to come in light it up I just want JC to show promise, move the chains and get some much needed in game experience since he more or less is the future.

#129 Evil Hurney

Evil Hurney

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

Well, at least the team can stop tip-toeing around this issue now. It seems like many have just been waiting for the axe to fall. Now that it has (not saying we won't see MM in the starting lineup again), maybe they (the team and the coaches) can actually concentrate on playing football.

EDIT: Please nobody call for Pike to start this season. That is unless you want to see our entire WR corps on IR.

#130 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,734 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

Oh really? So let me guess all you "realistic" people sniffin Matt arse were the only ones right huh? Yea we should listen to you more often as you have said!

And he doesn't have to Light it up, where do you even get this stuff? He has to do what he has done...move the ball PERIOD! It really doesn't matter how he moves it!

That is why I am not a professional scout and am on this stupid message board. And does he have to light it up? Count on it. If we lose big on Sunday and he plays poorly there is no guarantee that Fox won't switch back the following week especially being on the road. Fox isn't building for the future since he won't be here. And who knows if Clausen even figures into the new coaches plan. You are way ahead of yourself.

#131 blak-n-blu

blak-n-blu

THE FRANCHISE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:52 PM

No Moore Threads.:thumbsup:

#132 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,734 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

A lot of people confusing us jumping on his bandwagon and wanting to see what the rook has due to a struggling starter. For us thinking he's going to come in light it up I just want JC to show promise, move the chains and get some much needed in game experience since he more or less is the future.

No guarantee Clausen is the future at all. We don't even know if there will be football next year. With a new coach and staff, Clausen may not be here down the road at all. This whole building for the future might be what you want but Fox wants to win now and doesn't care who gets it done.

#133 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,372 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

No Moore Threads.:thumbsup:

there will be Moore threads next week. and definately more after the Saints game.

#134 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

No guarantee Clausen is the future at all. We don't even know if there will be football next year. With a new coach and staff, Clausen may not be here down the road at all. This whole building for the future might be what you want but Fox wants to win now and doesn't care who gets it done.

The largest problem with your post is that it contains many things that simply aren't true.

:cool:

#135 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:57 PM

Well, at least the team can stop tip-toeing around this issue now. It seems like many have just been waiting for the axe to fall. Now that it has (not saying we won't see MM in the starting lineup again), maybe they (the team and the coaches) can actually concentrate on playing football.

EDIT: Please nobody call for Pike to start this season. That is unless you want to see our entire WR corps on IR.

I won't name names, so nobody take it personally..

But people saying oh your gonna be screaming for pike as soon as jimmy throws a pick or 3 & out or bla bla bla...

Most people who say that poo are just trying to save face because they supported Moore and never really thought Jimmy would get a chance so soon and now their very afraid that hes gonna come in and be great. They wont admit this and thats fine.

Jimmy fans, dont curb your enthusiasm or lower your expectations. Jimmy is is ready for the pressure and embraces it. People have long been waiting for great qb play in Carolina...just alot of them never predicted it would be Clausen and def. not this soon. Because of that they'd rather save face on a message board than get behind him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com