33 replies to this topic

#16 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

JR = SMART Business man

Meh, I'd rather have a owner driven to win championships.

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,631 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

JR = SMART Business man

Nah, if he was cool with cutting Delhomme and paying him that kind of money....than he should have been cool with axing Fox with him. Keeping Fox this final season is going to be costly imo. He is gonna really take the air out of this franchise imo. Horrific coaching in 09 and people won't continue to ignore it this year. And Jerry is certainly aware of how bad Fox has become......his actions this offseason telling Fox he could find a new job support that.

Too bad Jerry knows he can count on a large enough percentage of the fanbase that allows him to do whatever he wants.

#18 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Meh, I'd rather have a owner driven to win championships.

I really think what he is doing will lead to MANY Championships. I would rather suffer through this year as long as it sets us up for the future. This year may suck (even though it has just started) but this may be a brilliant idea he has right now.

#19 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,510 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

i just don't see why you guys don't just bump up the other 1,000 threads about Jerry Richardson sucking, needing to die, being a horrible owner, handcuffing the team, or being tight. same regurgitation over and over.

Its better than another Clausen thread.

#20 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

I really think what he is doing will lead to MANY Championships. I would rather suffer through this year as long as it sets us up for the future. This year may suck (even though it has just started) but this may be a brilliant idea he has right now.

Right it takes the threat of a lockout to prepare for this 'many championship' run.

He's setting himself up to make a lot of money regardless of how the team plays, nothing more, nothing less.

He's such a smart business man/owner that his team has a losing record as a franchise, never has had back to back winning seasons, and holds onto players and coaches for sentimental value.......

#21 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:53 PM

Right it takes the threat of a lockout to prepare for this 'many championship' run.

He's setting himself up to make a lot of money regardless of how the team plays, nothing more, nothing less.

He's such a smart business man/owner that his team has a losing record as a franchise, never has had back to back winning seasons, and holds onto players and coaches for sentimental value.......

Thanks just you proved my point of JR = SMART Business man!

:D

#22 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:56 PM

Thanks just you proved my point of JR = SMART Business man!

:D

poo i just said i'd rather have a owner driven by championships...

If you are happy with him making his money and fielding garbage, then go ahead?

Some of us aren't however.

#23 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

poo i just said i'd rather have a owner driven by championships...

If you are happy with him making his money and fielding garbage, then go ahead?

Some of us aren't however.

How has he fielded garbage? What Carolina teams were there recenetly whewre the majority of starters were garbage?

#24 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

How has he fielded garbage? What Carolina teams were there recenetly whewre the majority of starters were garbage?

It's more about the record not reflecting the talent.
We have talent on this team, unless of course we just think we have more than we really do.

The product on the field has been underwhelming to say the least, regardless of certain individual talent.

Maybe mediocrity instead of garbage...

Either one not good enough.

#25 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:09 PM

It's more about the record not reflecting the talent.
We have talent on this team, unless of course we just think we have more than we really do.

The product on the field has been underwhelming to say the least, regardless of certain individual talent.

Maybe mediocrity instead of garbage...

Either one not good enough.

So if the owner allows the money to field all the idividual talents, why is his fault how they perform on the field?

#26 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:15 PM

OP, you already know the answer to the thread title.

#27 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:16 PM

So if the owner allows the money to field all the idividual talents, why is his fault how they perform on the field?

see post #20

#28 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

see post #20

What proof do you have for him having Fox purley on sentimental value, over just being wrong about him?

#29 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:33 PM

Ok, I'll bite:

How greedy is he?

Jerry Richardson parked his brand-new Lexus in front of the BOA Stadium, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he got out, a truck passed too closely and completely tore off the door on the driver's side.

Jerry Richardson immediately grabbed his cell phone, dialed 911, and within minutes Fiz pulled up. Before Fiz had a chance to ask any questions, Jerry Richardson started screaming hysterically. His Lexus, which he had just picked up the day before by not picking up any free agents and cutting veterans, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter what the body shop did to it.

When Jerry Richardson finally wound down from his ranting and raving, Fiz shook his head in disgust and disbelief.

"I can't believe how materialistic you owners are," he said. "You are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else."

"How can you say such a thing?" asked Jerry Richardson.

Fiz replied,"Don't you know that your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off when the truck hit you."

"My God!" screamed Jerry Richardson. "Where's my Rolex?" ;)

#30 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,143 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:55 PM

Bojangles has told me all I need to know...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com