Photo
- - - - -

Can We Stop Looking Forward To The Offseason??

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:32 PM

Everyone's babbling about new coaches, trading players, draft choices, etc. We still have 14 f**king games left in the season. We could go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl for all we know. Quit speculating and enjoy the damn season while it's still here.

#2 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

Everyone's babbling about new coaches, trading players, draft choices, etc. We still have 14 f**king games left in the season. We could go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl for all we know. Quit speculating and enjoy the damn season while it's still here.

seconded

#3 FuzzyPanther

FuzzyPanther

...feeling sexy as usual

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

*standing by for the next 14 wins*

#4 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

Maybe if we turned loose that cat in FuzzyPanthers avatar...

#5 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,341 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

Yeah, good luck with that.

#6 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,814 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

I'm not saying we're gonna win the Super Bowl, but we have been waiting since last February for Panther football, and now people are already waiting for February to come along again.

#7 pantherfan81

pantherfan81

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

This season is still as interesting as it has ever been for me. Maybe even more with Clausen at the helm.

#8 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,299 posts
  • Location910

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

Well said

Posted Image

#9 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,341 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:59 PM

It's not that we lost two games, it's how we lost two games. We got pushed around and dominated by a crappy team. This team is not well prepared to win in the NFL. That's not going to change any time soon.

That said, I am excited to see Pickles play next weekend. He could be the real deal.

#10 slideez

slideez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:01 PM

did you see what Lafell can do

Posted Image

14-2 sounds awesome

#11 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,299 posts
  • Location910

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

There's nothing wrong with going 14 - 2

Edited by Clicheking, 20 September 2010 - 10:17 PM.

#12 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

If you've enjoyed either of the 1st 2 games then you have some serious issues! :D

I don't disagree with your intent at all but...it is natural for fans to want to feel good about the team. When a team is playing like ours is, so far, this season fans want to find something to be positive about...that becomes the offseason. It's human nature.

Now that Clausen is the QB, there will be excitement for him, but if that goes downhill, we will again infatuate ourselves with something perceivingly positive. It's what the other half of fans do instead of becoming babbling idiots about how much they hate the team, the players, the coaches, etc. when the team is losing.

Would you rather 'everyone' just keep bemoaning: how much Moore has sucked; that Coach Fox seems to have lost passion; that our running game has no chance if a passser cannot get over 100 yards in a game; that our secondary is horrible & that no DL pass rush exposes that; that the cost-cutting that Richardson mandated has made us a very young team & growing pains are going to take place; that it sucks to have to give up a roster spot to an extra kicker; etc., etc. Who should be the decider of topics?

We are all just fans. People have to be able to speak their minds & we can each choose to read or ignore threads we don't want to read. Again, I agree with your intent, but looking forward is just as cathartic to some as being negative is to others.

#13 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

There's noting wrong with going 14 - 2

Hey Mark Sanchez, what are you doing on the Panthers boards? :P

#14 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

Yes! 14-2 I get a boner just thinking about it.

#15 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,548 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

We could go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl for all we know. Quit speculating and enjoy the damn season while it's still here.

No we can't.

And i will enjoy the season as best i can however the product on the field is brutal. Possibly worst in the NFL right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com