Photo
- - - - -

Can We Stop Looking Forward To The Offseason??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#46 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

SUPPORTER

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:00 PM

Maybe if we turned loose that cat in FuzzyPanthers avatar...

Perhaps when Sir Pur takes lessons from the Ohio Bobcat Mascot... :party:

#47 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

I bought my PSLs and pay a shed-load of money each week to travel, tailgate and watch the games.

Good fans don't sit back and take it. Good fans get pissed off because they are invested in their team.

Can you imagine some Green Bay fan telling everyone to just chill and enjoy it when they start 0-2. No, because they have an expectation of excellence. I'm not seeing that from our fans.

Yes I'm excited to see Clausen play. But I am realistic about how good this team is. And i'm angry about lots of stuff.

you don't have to "sit back and take it", or not be angry. Those things aren't mutually exclusive from still being focused on what's actually happening, and logically that's where that anger should focus. "OMG 2011" is for petulant fans who are used to having restarted Madden a few thousand times because the computer didn't give them an easy game.

#48 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

And besides, we don't even know we're a bad team yet. Yes, we're 0-2 and we have a rookie QB coming in, but we've never seen this kid play. All I'm saying is that anything can happen in 14 games, and it's way too early to call the season done already. Just look at the 2003 season. Our original QB got benched early, and untested QB came in, and took us to the Super Bowl. Nobody expected us to have a .500 or higher record. Anything can happen.