20 replies to this topic

#1 Laetitia

Laetitia

I serve only Zod

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,126 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

(By Scott Fowler, sfowler@charlotteobserver.com) After nine years in Charlotte, John Fox is normally as easy to read as a billboard.p/We know his clich#xE9;s and his idiosyncrasies. We know the Panthers' head coach will run the ball on first down and punt it on fourth. We know he will carry a cup of steaming coffee into his 12:30p.m. news conference each Monday and set it 6 inches to the right of the microphone.

More...

#2 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

Let's see if the playcalling agrees with this...ha!

#3 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

I think desperate may be a better word.

#4 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:32 PM

As "wild and rambunctious" (my words) as Fox has been with this one move, we still haven't REALLY opened up the playbook. We haven't seen wildcat. We haven't seen any sort of misdirection. No end arounds to Smith. No pump and goes. No screens to Smith. There's a lot in our playbook we haven't seen. And with Clausen, it won't be any sooner. As long as we can stay competitive though, and as long as Clausen doesn't LOSE the game for us (even if we lose the game), I will be happy.

#5 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,004 posts
  • Location910

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

Does this mean no more draws on 3rd and 15?

#6 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

No, no more draws on 3rd and 15. Instead, we'll run the draw flea-flicker. It may take a second to set up, but they'll NEVER expect it.

#7 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,156 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:37 PM

We haven't really been doing that.

We have been doing max protect 2 WR sets and still getting our QB sacked.

Either that or the fake screen hand off 3X in a row that fools no one.

#8 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,472 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

No, no more draws on 3rd and 15. Instead, we'll run the draw flea-flicker. It may take a second to set up, but they'll NEVER expect it.

You mean the Smoke Draw. That has been our favorite play this year.

#9 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

Decent write up but this line was stupid.
"Don't be shocked if Tony Pike has started a game before the 2010 season concludes."

#10 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:16 PM

OK now I really am beginning to wonder. The more the media is publicly stating that this is John Fox's last year, the more stories I see of us re-signing cheap waived players, and all this QB controversy the more I'm beginning to come to the possibility and question of this really being a throw away season. What if Fox already has a job secured? Is he going to be playing for the fans that want him gone? For his players?

Should we be caring as much as we do about who is starting next Sunday?

I wonder what exactly Fox and Richardson did not see eye to eye on. I'm really curious to find out what happened there. Did Richardson get tired of Fox Football, or did John Fox not get the money he needed to build the team he wanted?

Are we fans ever going to get an explanation? And if this really is the case shouldn't we start really looking at who is going to be coaching us? And if this was known inside the club last year, we may all owe Peppers an appology. If I was him I don't know if I would have wanted to waste 2-3 years of my career knowing my team had already made plans to go through a 2 year re-building process, including a possible lockout and I might never get a chance to win a Superbowl.

Edited by PantherFanForLife, 20 September 2010 - 11:19 PM.

#11 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:22 PM

Decent write up but this line was stupid.
"Don't be shocked if Tony Pike has started a game before the 2010 season concludes."

Yeah it was, but this line was pretty funny:

But in these "New Adventures of Old John," anything is possible

#12 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,778 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

lol whatever

2010 is basically an audition for Fox. He'll try to be good enough but he's just not hungry anymore and i will not be surprised in the least if he takes a lower profile role with his next job, DC or maybe even defensive line assistant.

Of course that won't stop a few certified retards signing up just to start a poo thread saying "ZOMG HE WAS THE BESTEST COACH WE COULD EVER GET WE WILL NEVER BE SUCCESSFUL WITHOUT HIM, HE'S SO GOOD THE STEELERS ARE GONNA FIRE TOMLIN SO THEY CAN HIRE HIM AS HC GUYZ U HAVE NO SUPPORT FOR YOUR TEAM YOU FANWEATHER FANZZEEEZZEZZEZEEZZZZZZ"

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,816 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

lol whatever

2010 is basically an audition for Fox. He'll try to be good enough but he's just not hungry anymore and i will not be surprised in the least if he takes a lower profile role with his next job, DC or maybe even defensive line assistant.

Of course that won't stop a few certified retards signing up just to start a poo thread saying "ZOMG HE WAS THE BESTEST COACH WE COULD EVER GET WE WILL NEVER BE SUCCESSFUL WITHOUT HIM, HE'S SO GOOD THE STEELERS ARE GONNA FIRE TOMLIN SO THEY CAN HIRE HIM AS HC GUYZ U HAVE NO SUPPORT FOR YOUR TEAM YOU FANWEATHER FANZZEEEZZEZZEZEEZZZZZZ"

agreed. he will most likely go to a team that is in the process of rebuilding or who wants to...much like what he had here and he'll do ok with that.

i could see the browns and the bills as top choices.

maybe a reunion with henning in miami if sporano doesn't get his the dolphins going but i don't really consider that a rebuilding team.

#14 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:04 AM

OK now I really am beginning to wonder. The more the media is publicly stating that this is John Fox's last year, the more stories I see of us re-signing cheap waived players, and all this QB controversy the more I'm beginning to come to the possibility and question of this really being a throw away season. What if Fox already has a job secured? Is he going to be playing for the fans that want him gone? For his players?

Should we be caring as much as we do about who is starting next Sunday?

I wonder what exactly Fox and Richardson did not see eye to eye on. I'm really curious to find out what happened there. Did Richardson get tired of Fox Football, or did John Fox not get the money he needed to build the team he wanted?

Are we fans ever going to get an explanation? And if this really is the case shouldn't we start really looking at who is going to be coaching us? And if this was known inside the club last year, we may all owe Peppers an appology. If I was him I don't know if I would have wanted to waste 2-3 years of my career knowing my team had already made plans to go through a 2 year re-building process, including a possible lockout and I might never get a chance to win a Superbowl.

oh yes. since we the fans will have so much input into who WE hire.

BTW.......Peppers would not sign a contract, for what ever reason.

#15 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,263 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

lol whatever

Pretty much.. And I guess I wouldn't be all too shocked to hear him take a coordinator position..

And to the fans you mentioned above.. One man's trash is another man's treasure.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.