245 replies to this topic

#121 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

how about he's just not good enough to be on the field and wasn't nearly as good as advertised?

nope...too easy to hate on the guys that notice he just isn't that good. too easy to think there is some conspiracy against him too easy to think that because he could light it up on another team that didn't just hate jarrett.

you guys make me laugh.

only problem is this is your opinion of why he isnt on the field. if he was that bad why keep him around for all these years? if he is so bad a 6th round rookie starts over him why didnt they keep some other wr and cut him? i mean they cut corey irvin, a 3rd round pick they got just last year, why not him?

it is too easy to hate.. on jarrett. by saying things he doesnt do that cant be verified at all. anyone can do that. watch!! " gettis sucks because he doesnt run correct routes!!! Gettis cant get open that why he doesnt play!!!" see how easy that was. can i prove this even a little bit? no. but it is easy to say this if i am mad a him.
The FACTS remain that when he gets TARGETED he catches the ball. i mean, i have seen way worst busts at wr that have started 3 times the games that DJ has and has had many opportunities to mess up ON THE FIELD. Is dj THAT horrible that he cant get on the field? i mean do you guys really believe that? :confused:

P:S.. it is amazing how certain people trust in fox when it fits their agenda. other times he should have been fired years ago. :rolleyes:

#122 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,425 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:22 PM

nah, i've been saying for years that fox should get canned. there are lots of reasons to hate on him but this isn't one of them.

try to come up with a real reason that jarrett would be sitting without resorting to conspiracy theories. can you do it? i'd love to see it happen. why is it that jarrett gets bypassed. i mean if he's so good, then why isn't he seeing the field more. give me solid reasons.

all i've seen is Waaah he doesn't fit the system and waaahhh fox just doesn't like him.

if those are the truth then please come up with real reasons why that would be the case.

i'll tell you why i think he is still on the team. it could be that he is on the edge of being able to be worth putting out there but he just doesn't cant get it right in his head. that is as good of a reason as i suspect any of you can come up with and at that it's his own fault that he isn't seeing any action. you can't blame it no his lack of experience or his age. find something else.

#123 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:29 PM

He's played in 31 games and has several starts which is WWWAAAAAAYYYYY more game tape than I need to tell you this guy is complete garbage. How bad at evaluating WR talent do you have to be to sit here and say "well he looks good when he get's playing time". Don't worry though, you could probably get a job with the Panthers scouting department.

#124 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

35 catches in 31 games and I remember everyone, because I was shocked as hell. BTW, his "YAC" avg is 1.9 yds? He's 6'-4", what does he do fall on his side when tackled? The guy has no desire or skills, thats why he is not playing. If he was in Foxes doghouse, why does he keep him around?

#125 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

35 catches in 31 games and I remember everyone, because I was shocked as hell. BTW, his "YAC" avg is 1.9 yds? He's 6'-4", what does he do fall on his side when tackled? The guy has no desire or skills, thats why he is not playing. If he was in Foxes doghouse, why does he keep him around?

Fox isn't the one decieding who stays or goes. That should be known by now. There are some in the organization that like Jarrett....and that is why he stays. Fox doesn't like him so Fox sits his a$$ on the bench.

but that is retarded logic and a waste of a spot. Jarrett should have been cut and another body brought in. One of many signs Jerry Richardson mailed the season keeping Fox.

#126 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

I see you totally forgot me ;)

#127 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:01 PM

only problem is this is your opinion of why he isnt on the field. if he was that bad why keep him around for all these years? if he is so bad a 6th round rookie starts over him why didnt they keep some other wr and cut him? i mean they cut corey irvin, a 3rd round pick they got just last year, why not him?

it is too easy to hate.. on jarrett. by saying things he doesnt do that cant be verified at all. anyone can do that. watch!! " gettis sucks because he doesnt run correct routes!!! Gettis cant get open that why he doesnt play!!!" see how easy that was. can i prove this even a little bit? no. but it is easy to say this if i am mad a him.
The FACTS remain that when he gets TARGETED he catches the ball. i mean, i have seen way worst busts at wr that have started 3 times the games that DJ has and has had many opportunities to mess up ON THE FIELD. Is dj THAT horrible that he cant get on the field? i mean do you guys really believe that? :confused:

P:S.. it is amazing how certain people trust in fox when it fits their agenda. other times he should have been fired years ago. :rolleyes:

Well you ask for it so I guess I will nicely as possible inform you in his FIRST NFL START EVER Gettis WIDE open streaking down the sideline on a very savvy vet Barber. IF you can name me one REGULAR season game Jarret was wide open I will refer to you as Panther GURU. Take all the time you need because as Rock said Im looking for the paper work to help you apply to the scouting department no I mean head of the scouting department who makes the final say so you and your football knowledge has definitely earned it. Man you are just joking I can see that now, Gettis doesnt run the right routes hahahaha I have facts on lip ring aka DJ Im gonna have to say Gettis has never been called out for anything remotely close. Good football players play maybe this so called John Fox DOGHOUSE is why he is actually a nfl coach because he knows who's not that good aka Matt M. and DJ arent those the two in the ummm dog house im starting to wonder maybe just maybe it has something to do with the players and not the hater we call FOX. Im gonna wait for the game he was open so I can apoligize to you sir because I watch every game atleast twice so holla at me.

#128 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

I see you totally forgot me ;)

well, you have me beat on a technicality. He got starter reps in a handful of games he didn't start .....he started games he didn't actually play much in. I was confusing the games he saw legit action in as if he was a starter. So you are right.

Like the NO games last year, he was techically the starter in the first matchup and not the final game. However, he got the game reps in the final game. Same thing with the SD game without Smith....he got a lot of reps that game and was used heavily. I was wrong, I was going of memory of the games....as his techincal starts didn't add up to chances....like that Tampa 08 game they didn't play him hardly even though it shows a start.

#129 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,425 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:19 PM

Fox isn't the one decieding who stays or goes. That should be known by now. There are some in the organization that like Jarrett....and that is why he stays. Fox doesn't like him so Fox sits his a$$ on the bench.

but that is retarded logic and a waste of a spot. Jarrett should have been cut and another body brought in. One of many signs Jerry Richardson mailed the season keeping Fox.

so why is it that fox doesn't like him? please enlighten us.

there has to be a reason. if there isn't then you lose.

i can give you a few:
1) he just isn't very good
2) he's lazy
3) he doesn't have a clue what he's doing
4) he's slow to grasp the offense
5) he's got that stupid spike sticking out of his lip that he can never remember to take out (grasping at straws here)

you have any that are better?

Edited by rayzor, 22 September 2010 - 03:23 PM.

#130 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:22 PM

Fox has this weird thing where he holds grudges against players that are too lazy to learn the playbook after 3 years. So unfair!!!

#131 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:37 PM

so why is it that fox doesn't like him? please enlighten us.

there has to be a reason. if there isn't then you lose.

i can give you a few:
1) he just isn't very good
2) he's lazy
3) he doesn't have a clue what he's doing
4) he's slow to grasp the offense
5) he's got that stupid spike sticking out of his lip that he can never remember to take out (grasping at straws here)

you have any that are better?

I don't know.....but some guys Fox likes and plays even when they aren't producing and other options exist.

Matt Moore could never get on the field...and people on this forum posted the same type reasons as Jarrett. No drive, couldn't learn the playbook, etc. Fox would play Moore in 07 and 09 when his back was against the wall and had no choice. Moore ain't a Fox guy....say what you want, but 9 starts into your NFL career you don't bench a QB with promise b/c of 6 quarters when his previous one looked like they did. You don't bench him if you truelly are giving him a legit shot.

- I judge Jarrett based on his reps he gets.....they have looked good. Reports from people who openly dislike him claim people are high on him in the organization.....funny how he never mentions Fox is one of them.

Fox is just a bad coach. Jarrett doesn't fit Fox's predicable you know what we are doing now stop us offense. Since Fox won't play him he should be let go.....but he simply has shown to be the garbage WR the board claims.

All the basis that he is garbage is Fox isn't playing him so he must be bad....then stuff is make reasons. See Moore as another example in 2009. Fox has proven him starting or sitting guys doesn't mean much....he has proven the best guy for the job doesn't always get the reps. The guys he wants to be the best get the reps.

all that said, Jarrett should be cut. B/c no matter if you think he has potential or is garbage. It is hurting the team by keeping a spot filled that the coach won't use.

Edited by CRA, 22 September 2010 - 03:51 PM.

#132 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

I don't know.....but some guys Fox likes and plays even when they are producing and other options exist.

Matt Moore could never get on the field...and people on this forum posted the same type reasons as Jarrett. No drive, couldn't learn the playbook, etc. Fox would play Moore in 07 and 09 when his back was against the wall and had no choice. Moore ain't a Fox guy....say what you want, but 9 starts into your NFL career you don't bench a QB with promise b/c of 6 quarters when his previous one looked like they did. You don't bench him if you truelly are giving him a legit shot.

- I judge Jarrett based on his reps he gets.....they have looked good. Reports from people who openly dislike him claim people are high on him in the organization.....funny how he never mentions Fox is one of them.

Fox is just a bad coach. Jarrett doesn't fit Fox's predicable you know what we are doing now stop us offense. Since Fox won't play him he should be let go.....but he simply has shown to be the garbage WR the board claims.

All the basis that he is garbage is Fox isn't playing him so he must be bad....then stuff is make reasons. See Moore as another example in 2009. Fox has proven him starting or sitting guys doesn't mean much....he has proven the best guy for the job doesn't always get the reps. The guys he wants to be the best get the reps.

all that said, Jarrett should be cut. B/c no matter if you think he has potential or is garbage. It is hurting the team by keeping a spot filled that the coach won't use.

Hmm just thought about something; I have noticed a lot of people asking why we kept him around this year...I'm one of those guys, I'm not a Jarrett fan at all, but the fact is...he is still here.

With what CRA is saying about Jarrett not being a "Fox guy" but yet the front office likes him has me asking myself; did someone in the FO make Fox keep Jarrett? Regardless of what Fox wanted to do? Could it be JR wants to give the new, incoming, Head Coach the opportunity to evaluate and decide if Jarrett can be a valuable part of the team?

Hmmm now that I typed that I have to wonder if that is why JR hasn't redone other contracts that ends this year...is he pretty much saying "here new coach, here are the players you can pick and choose from, have at it"?

Edited by HPPantherzfan, 22 September 2010 - 03:46 PM.

#133 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,425 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:51 PM

I don't know.....

thats pretty much what i thought. you didn't need to say anything else. you have no reasons for it other than fox just doesn't' like some people.

that's weak sauce you're bringing to the table.

this i can agree on.

#134 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,355 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Hmm just thought about something; I have noticed a lot of people asking why we kept him around this year...I'm one of those guys, I'm not a Jarrett fan at all, but the fact is...he is still here.

With what CRA is saying about Jarrett not being a "Fox guy" but yet the front office likes him has me asking myself; did someone in the FO make Fox keep Jarrett? Regardless of what Fox wanted to do? Could it be JR wants to give the new, incoming, Head Coach the opportunity to evaluate and decide if Jarrett can be a valuable part of the team?

Hmmm now that I typed that I have to wonder if that is why JR hasn't redone other contracts that ends this year...is he pretty much saying "here new coach, here are the players you can pick and choose from, have at it"?

It ain't Fox's call who stays or goes right now. If Fox had his way Hoover would be leading the way for his RBs for Fox's farewell season. Jake would be on this roster.

Like I said, Gantt is a Jarrett hater...but even he admits Jarrett has a lot of fans in the organization (but never mentions Fox). You aren't a lazy dumb garbage WR to hang around this long and have those type folks high on you. People continue to ignore these little things and only want to focus on Fox not giving him reps as the ultimate sign.

Richardson is gonna give the new coach a super young roster and he can keep the promising ones and bring in what he needs. We don't know the type pieces a new coach will need for his actual legit modern offense.

Edited by CRA, 22 September 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#135 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

What would be the point in the "others" in the FO making Fox keep Jarrett when those others must know Fox "hates" him and thus not start him. Why don't they just make Fox start him?

Edited by MaineManPanther, 22 September 2010 - 04:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com