Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Job interview question advice requested

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I am interviewing Thur afternoon. I have a pretty good job with a state agency...there is a job with a sister state agency that I think would be even better (It is in staff development).

So...everyone has been to interview 101. They always ask....1)What are your strengths? 2) What are your weaknesses, things you need to work on , etc.

I have question #1 nailed. Question #2 is tricky. You have to give them something...but do not want to give them something that hurts your chances.

As you would guess, I have no weaknesses. (Besides the fact that a long time ago I did not chose a career path that would have been more profitable.)

So, looking for some suggestions....make me humble and someone they cannot live without.

Posted

Mention the giant mole on your lower back that gets confused for a birth mark that looks like David Schwimmer. May not have much meaning for the job, but it will at least be a good story.

Posted

Those questions are garbage and the interviewer learns absolute ZERO from those questions. I would ask for the real interview questions. Then say, "I'm going to make the role better and more efficient. Ask me how I plan to do that."

I know you can't do that, of course.

So, I would say something like my colleagues often like to stop by and chat with me, so I need to get better at explaining that I need to be applying myself to whatever task is at hand and I will chat with them after work.

They'll lap that poo up like milk.

Posted

tell em you are a perfectionist. Its a great weakness to have. No joke.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mention the giant mole on your lower back that gets confused for a birth mark that looks like David Schwimmer.

Who told you about that????????

Did I mention that I would like serious responses?? :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

Posted

Who told you about that????????

Did I mention that I would like serious responses?? :rolleyes:

Haha, sorry. The above 2 responses are actually pretty sound. I was typing something similar to the second one, but couldn't figure out how to word to where you took it seriously, so a joke was better suited.

1 person likes this

Posted

I tried...

Posted

I always used to tell them that I have to learn how to manage my work time and personal time better. that I can spend too much time at work and not enough time at home with family and friends. (I never used to take all my vacation time.)

That I need to spend more "Me Time" to avoid burnout.

I don't know if they liked that response or not, but it was the truth.

Posted

They didn't. But probably appreciated your honesty.

Posted

Once I eat one I cant stop.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS09c32SjeJoGuwM4BMwqctFyAQ-uCvUM49sQp7mfqgSw7KIAA&t=1&usg=__H2Q_GS3BRQunkuHR1xKz96yVzm0=

Posted

Once I eat one I cant stop.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS09c32SjeJoGuwM4BMwqctFyAQ-uCvUM49sQp7mfqgSw7KIAA&t=1&usg=__H2Q_GS3BRQunkuHR1xKz96yVzm0=

And you close threads for thread-derailing spam pictures. :lol:

Just sayin

Posted

I was actually had a point. Just be yourself in the interview and dont get wrapped up in the questions. I did 8 interviews in the past 11 months they asked all the same questions. It wasnt about your answers but how you got along with the interviewer. Be interested in the job, know what it is and just be yourself.

Just say you have weakness but you try to improve on them everyday to improve yourself. Dont say you dont have one or try to turn the question from a negative to a positive.