#108 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,958 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

Nothing makes me hate Appalachian State more than the Huddle.

#109 rocketman

rocketman

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:49 PM

I think a lot of AE's success in college when it comes to actually throwing the ball, is that the dude has some really freakin' long arms. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but he's a pretty lanky character.. It would be cool to see if there is any stats on his carreer passes batted down?

People throw out names like Brees, Flutie, etc.., but AE is still an inch shorter than both of them, but Im wondering if his high release negates his shorter stature.

God I hate to post this because watching this thread go on and on is giving me a monster headache but here goes anyway.

I don't know about a high release but it seems to me that the guy was always on the move when he was throwing. Even when he was in the pocket he was moving. Maybe when he couldn't see he just moved.

I've never seen anyone throw more completed passes while off balanced. I remember very very few passes batted down, again I think maybe because he was always moving.

The kid has a gun for an arm and was accurate as hell but in my mind no way you can compare him to Brees. For one thing Brees just doesn't move around as much as Edwards did. Flutie may be a better comparison but I'm sure we will never know.

I don't really give a poo if I ever see him play QB again. I watched him play QB for 4 years. The way he ran that spread and worked the clock was a thing of beauty.

I do care if he gets a shot at WR though. I think he'll end up helping somebody eventually. We'll know soon enough.

#110 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

He was at QB in the preaseason he wasn't having any problem seeing over anyone. :rolleyes:

#111 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

I don't blame you. I graduated from Appalachian and even I am getting pretty ticked off at all these threads and posts by App homers.

#112 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

He was at QB in the preaseason he wasn't having any problem seeing over anyone. :rolleyes:

He was rolled out of the pocket on his passes so naturally he wouldn't have trouble seeing over people. He isn't going to play QB for the Panthers. Make no mistake, nobody will root harder for him than I, but it is time to leave this thread alone. It's getting embarrassing for f**k's sake.

Edited by GSO_Pantherz, 24 September 2010 - 05:09 PM.

#113 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

yea Edwards may end up as a bust. We'll know about that soon enough.

We will know, but I actually think it will not be very soon. I think the ealiest we know either way is next year. I do not think he will 'break out' at any pint this year; he is just too overwhelmed. Hopefully he can study film, hit the wieght room, work with the WR position coaches & shows off his special skill set next year.

Simple fact: He was drafted too high & we gave up too much for him, just b/c Hurney & Fox had a man-crush on him.

Even if we drafted him straight out in the 3rd, it would have been too high, BUT...we gave up next years 2nd rounder (which may be alomost like a first...hope not)! Really horrible decision...even if Edwards does break out next year, IMO.

#114 Hairless Cat

Hairless Cat

Thread Diddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • LocationShotgun Shack

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

Why would we give armanti less time to officially be a bust than DJ?

#115 Jrock3016

Jrock3016

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

Why would we give armanti less time to officially be a bust than DJ?

1. Your calling someone a bust who isn't
2. Why do you think he is going to be a bust?

#116 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

So true :smilielol5:

#117 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

He was drafted because word was another team was looking at him at the end of the third and the Panther's I guess really liked him...From what the draft shows were saying thier were other teams looking to trade up or him as well...

I'm guessing the combination of the above is why it took a future 2nd rounder to get the pick to draft him.... However he's a ex - QB being moved to WR, it's going to take time..

#118 Jrock3016

Jrock3016

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

God I hate to post this because watching this thread go on and on is giving me a monster headache but here goes anyway.

I don't know about a high release but it seems to me that the guy was always on the move when he was throwing. Even when he was in the pocket he was moving. Maybe when he couldn't see he just moved.

I've never seen anyone throw more completed passes while off balanced. I remember very very few passes batted down, again I think maybe because he was always moving.

The kid has a gun for an arm and was accurate as hell but in my mind no way you can compare him to Brees. For one thing Brees just doesn't move around as much as Edwards did. Flutie may be a better comparison but I'm sure we will never know.

I don't really give a poo if I ever see him play QB again. I watched him play QB for 4 years. The way he ran that spread and worked the clock was a thing of beauty.

I do care if he gets a shot at WR though. I think he'll end up helping somebody eventually. We'll know soon enough.

The huddle is irritating me with this topic. I would love to see him at qb but truth of the matter is, its not going to happen. So app state alumni look at the bright side of this, he's in the NFL. I mean how many people from app state make it into the NFL? Not looking it up it maybe 1 player every 5 yrs or so?

I calmed my mind by thinking this way: whenever he is on the field we essentially have 2 qbs arms on the field. Which means if he gets the ball behind the line of scrimmage, who knows what could happen:

A toss pass; a toss passback to the qb, pass to smitty deep; or anyone else on the team deep.

He's another unique weapon on our offense that most teams don't have.

#119 Harpua08

Harpua08

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:49 PM

kind of off topic, but its pretty funny seeing this kid at Michigan killin it. All of you UM fans can thank AE.

#120 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

Russell Wilson > Armanti Edwards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com