Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

Scouting Jimmy Clausen

93 posts in this topic

I sure hope not! :eek:

The story's in a couple of different threads.

My girlfriend is a Bucs fan. We had a bet on the game and (obviously) I lost it.

Besides the avatar and sig, I have to have my picture taken in the personalized Bucs jersey I got her for her birthday last year. It has a girl's name on the back, is a size too small for me and she's had it altered to fit a female figure. It'll probably look like a belly shirt on me :(

I expect she'll likely put the pic on her Facebook page. She also wants me to post it here, but I'm trying to weasel my way out of that provision.

My girlfriend is a Bucs fan. We had a bet on the game and (obviously) I lost it.

Besides the avatar and sig, I have to have my picture taken in the personalized Bucs jersey I got her for her birthday last year. It has a girl's name on the back, is a size too small for me and she's had it altered to fit a female figure. It'll probably look like a belly shirt on me :(

I expect she'll likely put the pic on her Facebook page. She also wants me to post it here, but I'm trying to weasel my way out of that provision.

Hopefully it isnt pink.

Hopefully it isnt pink.

Confirmed today that I will at least be wearing pants (that was in doubt before) :eek:

I have to keep this setup in place until the Panthers win a game.

i'll get my adblock ready to roll.

Confirmed today that I will at least be wearing pants (that was in doubt before) :eek:

I have to keep this setup in place until the Panthers win a game.

Well you are screwed til November.

Well you are screwed til November.

Lord, I hope not :(

Can they? Sure.

Will they? I sure hope so.

Without knowing what the guy said, it's hard to make a judgment. there's probably a story on it somewhere, but I'm not gonna bother looking it up right now.

One story I do know, though. When he first started playing, Clausen wanted to be a linebacker. Then one day he was just hanging out on the field while his brother was getting some QB coaching and an errant ball came his way. He picked it up, looked downfield and heaved a perfect 40 yard toss back to his brother.

He was ten years old at the time :sosp:

The QB coach asked 'Who's that kid?" Mom and Dad told him that was their younger boy Jimmy and he was a linebacker. Coach responded "Not anymore, he isn't."

And now, here we are...

Is that a true story or one of those legend thingies?

holy crap was that a good read. made my jaw drop quite a few times.

i was going to quote a couple things but there's so many things in there. how in the world did we luck out with this kid? i can't wait to see him in action this sunday.

i feel really good about this. the kid is a machine.

Well, he does kinda look like the Russian guy fighting Rocky.

Is that a true story or one of those legend thingies?

It's true (see the linked story).

Out of curiosity, if your guy lost a bet to you, what would you make him do?

How far you can throw a ball isn't just determined by how much muscle milk you chug. Clausen could throw that far at 10 because he had an usually strong grasp on proper throwing motion for a kid his age, not because he had a tank cannon where his right arm should be.

Yea I know that but it's still hard to believe, no matter how prodigal Clausen seems.