Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peppers was smart to leave..

69 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

in hinesight, can you really blame him..?

Posted · Report post

yes.

next question.

Posted · Report post

Except he really wanted to stay, we just wouldn't pay him the $ he wanted.

Posted · Report post

How dare you bring him up!!!

Posted · Report post

lets see he has 1 tackle,1 sack in 2 games and 90 million in his bank account(soounds like a good investment to me) he just didn't want to be here(charlotte,carolinas) has nothing to do with the team

Posted · Report post

and in hindsight 10 weeks from now we'll be saying 'haha you left us for the bears you fool'

Posted · Report post

who gives a sh*t about who doesn't want to be here. worry about who IS on the team.

note to panther fans........stop looking in the rearview mirror.

Posted · Report post

and now comes all the people that quick forgotten how great a player peppers is and will only talk poorly about him even after the fact that no one on the D-line has record a sack......looks like peppers and his one sack is still better than all 4 of the panthers d-ends.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='countryboi']and now comes all the people that quick forgotten how great a player peppers is and will only talk poorly about him even after the fact that no one on the D-line has record a sack......looks like peppers and his one sack is still better than all 4 of the panthers d-ends.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Pep was a beast when he played here.

Posted · Report post

who? he's gone. he was overrated and vastly over paid. we'll be better off without him.

he's old news. move along.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='countryboi']and now comes all the people that quick forgotten how great a player peppers is and will only talk poorly about him even after the fact that no one on the D-line has record a sack......looks like peppers and his one sack is still better than all 4 of the panthers d-ends.[/QUOTE]

he was great here but guess what!(he's gone) & also can remember the weeks he wouldn't show up on the stat line

Posted · Report post

who is peppers?

Posted · Report post

Who bothers with hinesight? For peak's sake, in hinesight we should have quit on Jake the moment Tommy Jone came into the picture.

Posted · Report post

would it be in bad taste to wear my Peppers jersey to the game Sunday?

Posted · Report post

this doesn't look like the NFL Forum to me

Posted · Report post

And the Panthers were smart to let him. Win-win.

Posted · Report post

Great player that was one of our best on D but we just couldn't afford him move on...

Posted · Report post

Peppers and smart do not even belong in the same sentence.

Posted · Report post

Worst thread ever.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Beaux Berry']And the Panthers were smart to let him. Win-win.[/QUOTE]yep.

Posted · Report post

I think it had less to do with money and more with Peppers wanting to move on and start a new chapter in his life. The guy was born in the Carolinas, went to college in the Carolinas, and was playing professional ball in the Carolinas. [U]He wanted a change[/U].

You only live once...

Fact is, the Panthers had offered him a contract close to what the Bears gave him, prior, and he turned it down. [I]The guy was ready to [U]move on[/U][/I].

Peppers was an amazing football player -- don't get me wrong. BUT like Manny Rameriez with the Red Sox, when you don't want to play for the team, you aren't any good to the team. You just let them go and move on yourself.

[B]I like the direction we're going on in, as a team[/B]. Peppers had like 2 or 3 years left in the tank and we weren't on pace to win a SuperBowl anytime soon, so why keep him around. Let him go to some team, looking for a [U]quick fix[/U], while we build for the future.

If he wanted to be here, I'd say, let him stick around and end his career here like we're doing with Smitty, but that wasn't the case.

We are rebuilding now. Yes, it's slow. Yes, it's frustrating. BUT most rebuilds are. This is the price you pay for making such a decision. And if you are GOING to be rebuild, I can't think of a better time, than the season before a possible lockout.

I hope there isn't a lockout, but if there is... I can't think of a BETTER time to clean house.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, no matter which way you put it, peppers was a damn good DE, but you never know who you have in the backups, it could be someone that is capable of breaking out and by keeping peppers around you hinder that, and cost yourself a good chunk of change.

You have to spend money to keep good players, this is true, but for someone with realistically only a few more years of elite playing level left, it doesnt make sense to pay him a lot of money, youre going to need more than peppers to win a SB, and right now we dont have those parts in place.

Posted · Report post

peppers was a great player, but he cost too much. eventually, richardson will finally spend the money that we saved and will get a DE who is just as capable as peppers, but will cost half as much.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CosmoGirl']Peppers and smart do not even belong in the same sentence.[/QUOTE]

wondering if i can say the same thing about you