Photo
- - - - -

NASCAR Taking Closer Look At #33 Car

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#1 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

In breaking news this morning,Associated Press reported that NASCAR was taking a closer look at Clint Bowyer's winning #33 car that won Sunday's race.
If NASCAR decides to penalize Bowyer points for an infraction, then this could seriously hurt him in the championship chase.

http://www.rr.com/sp...ok_at_car_No_33

#2 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

I can't stop thinking about how much NASCAR wants Jimmie Johnson to win the chase so it all boils to a conspiracy no matter how I play it lol.

#3 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:05 PM

It says some of the rear measurements were "close" to being illegal. I'm not understanding how measurements that were close, but within the rules, warrants the car to be inspected. Nascar conspiracy? I hope not.

#4 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:35 PM

The fact that NASCAR is scrutinizing Clint Bowyer's race-winning car from New Hampshire on Wednesday in an inspection process that could derail his championship chances does not sound good. Just saying.

#5 Mayor Qumiby

Mayor Qumiby

fug the saints!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:05 PM

Yeaaaa penalize bowyer... kick him out of the chase and bring in jamie mac to fill his void!!

So i don't see how it wasn't caught during pre race inspections ,aren't they impounded? ??

#6 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

Bowyer penalized 150 points. What a crock. Hamlin's car didn't pass post-race inspection either but you see no fine there.

#7 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

That will be hard for him to overcome

#8 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:31 PM

Bowyer penalized 150 points. What a crock. Hamlin's car didn't pass post-race inspection either but you see no fine there.

Do you have a link where it says Hamlin's car failed. Cant find it.

#9 PantherFanTom

PantherFanTom

Meh.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

NASCAR spent an extended amount of inspection time with the #11-Denny Hamlin and #48-Jimmie Johnson cars which failed to pass the height sticks in the first attempt. While the officials took pictures of the cars for insurance, after the shocks cooled down both cars made it through the height sticks on the second attempt. NASCAR took the #33-Clint Bowyer and #6-David Ragan cars to the technical center for further analysis as well as engines going from the #33, #11, #6, #46-Michael McDowell cars (FoxSports)(9-20-2010)

from jayski.com

Cars failing the height sticks on the first attempt isn't that rare of an occurrence. Would definitely like to get some more information on the 33 car. Better the 33 than the 31.

#10 outlaw4

outlaw4

Winning Cures Everything

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

Well, that sucks. One of the few I'd wanted to see win the Chase.

#11 iamcline

iamcline

• HUDDLER
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

Does NASCAR not realize this could've happened when the #33 was slammed by the wrecker after the race to help him get back to victory lane?

#12 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

If a car passes pre-race and post-race inspection at the track then the body should be ok. The engine is somthing they need to disassemble to varify specs. When NASCAR is looking for a few thousands of an inch here or there, they are really looking for a reason to to take someone out of the running.

#13 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

More often than not a part deemed to be unapproved isn’t discovered by way of an inspection, but rather through NASCAR officials being tipped off by one of the competitors in the garage.

There are a lot of things teams can do. When it comes to who is smarter, I’ll just say that there’s strength in numbers. There are more people in the garage working on ways to bend the system,than there are NASCAR officials trying to figure it all out.”

It’s this very special cat-and-mouse game that makes NASCAR what it is. It’s not about to change anytime soon. Not to say i agree with it,or that it is right.

#14 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

I understand rules are rules but I find it hard to believe that a thousandth of an inch is the reason Bowyer won that race. I know that the winning cars are always looked over a little more than the others but if it passed all pre race inspections something must of happened during the race to cause the difference. I truly hope this isn't NASCAR getting its fingers in where it doesn't belong. This isn't the WWE. Some people are saying NASCAR wants the 48 to win again but I think that would be horrible for NASCAR and the sport.

#15 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

Do you have a link where it says Hamlin's car failed. Cant find it.

Here is a good article by Yahoo.Com that goes into detail about the Clint Bowyer incident..

http://sports.yahoo....n=nascar-271637

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com