Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NASCAR Taking Closer Look At #33 Car

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

In breaking news this morning,Associated Press reported that NASCAR was taking a closer look at Clint Bowyer's winning #33 car that won Sunday's race.

If NASCAR decides to penalize Bowyer points for an infraction, then this could seriously hurt him in the championship chase.

http://www.rr.com/sports/topic/article/rr/9003/21976327/AP_Source_NASCAR_taking_closer_look_at_car_No_33

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I can't stop thinking about how much NASCAR wants Jimmie Johnson to win the chase so it all boils to a conspiracy no matter how I play it lol.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It says some of the rear measurements were "close" to being illegal. I'm not understanding how measurements that were close, but within the rules, warrants the car to be inspected. Nascar conspiracy? I hope not.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The fact that NASCAR is scrutinizing Clint Bowyer's race-winning car from New Hampshire on Wednesday in an inspection process that could derail his championship chances does not sound good. Just saying.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeaaaa penalize bowyer... kick him out of the chase and bring in jamie mac to fill his void!!

So i don't see how it wasn't caught during pre race inspections ,aren't they impounded? ??

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Bowyer penalized 150 points. What a crock. Hamlin's car didn't pass post-race inspection either but you see no fine there.

Posted · Report post

That will be hard for him to overcome

Posted · Report post

Bowyer penalized 150 points. What a crock. Hamlin's car didn't pass post-race inspection either but you see no fine there.

Do you have a link where it says Hamlin's car failed. Cant find it.

Posted · Report post

NASCAR spent an extended amount of inspection time with the #11-Denny Hamlin and #48-Jimmie Johnson cars which failed to pass the height sticks in the first attempt. While the officials took pictures of the cars for insurance, after the shocks cooled down both cars made it through the height sticks on the second attempt. NASCAR took the #33-Clint Bowyer and #6-David Ragan cars to the technical center for further analysis as well as engines going from the #33, #11, #6, #46-Michael McDowell cars (FoxSports)(9-20-2010)

from jayski.com

Cars failing the height sticks on the first attempt isn't that rare of an occurrence. Would definitely like to get some more information on the 33 car. Better the 33 than the 31.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Well, that sucks. One of the few I'd wanted to see win the Chase.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Does NASCAR not realize this could've happened when the #33 was slammed by the wrecker after the race to help him get back to victory lane?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If a car passes pre-race and post-race inspection at the track then the body should be ok. The engine is somthing they need to disassemble to varify specs. When NASCAR is looking for a few thousands of an inch here or there, they are really looking for a reason to to take someone out of the running.