Photo
- - - - -

Hurny on WFNZ Now...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
130 replies to this topic

#121 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

Is this a rebuilding year?

No.. We are dealing with same issues of last year. Turnovers. Money has nothing to do with that. A WR would not of fixed our problems.

this is the only one I can really say is a bullshit answer.

whether we're winning or losing it's a rebuilding year, we're basically rebuilding a new core of the team. in '08 with the falcons it was a rebuilding year, and they were winning. rebuilding has more to do with personnel change than just losing most of your games

#122 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:25 PM

this is the only one I can really say is a bullshit answer.

whether we're winning or losing it's a rebuilding year, we're basically rebuilding a new core of the team. in '08 with the falcons it was a rebuilding year, and they were winning. rebuilding has more to do with personnel change than just losing most of your games

he said WR wouldn't have fixed our problems... LOL

technically he's right.. but it sure as hell is the biggest reason our offense is so 1 dimensional...

#123 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

he said WR wouldn't have fixed our problems... LOL

technically he's right.. but it sure as hell is the biggest reason our offense is so 1 dimensional...

i'm just responding to him saying it's not a rebuilding year

#124 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:55 PM

i'm just responding to him saying it's not a rebuilding year

for the record I agree with both being ridiculous...

#125 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

Cutting alot of veterans and going with a youth movement is pretty much the definition of rebuilding so yeah, I don't know wtf he's talking about but then again he's giving the typical PC answers and not saying all that much.

#126 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

Reading this thread, makes it very clear how lil the majority of fans know of Jerry Richardson.
Maybe I'm spoiled cause I've been always been a fan.

Fact is, Richardson has never been the type of owner that tries to run the football side of the franchise. He actually let's the guys he hired to do that, take care of that.

Seems like so many fans want to blame the owner so badly, that they just discredit anything that is said by Hurney, or coach Fox.

Richardson will never be a puppeteer like some owners in the league.

#127 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

Reading this thread, makes it very clear how lil the majority of fans know of Jerry Richardson.

Fact is, Richardson has never been the type of owner that tries to run the football side of the franchise. He actually let's the guys he hired to do that, take care of that.

Seems like so many fans want to blame the owner so badly, that they just discredit anything that is said by Hurney, or coach Fox.

Any other year I might agree with you but this year is different.

#128 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:29 AM

Agree 100%.

#129 mj4life

mj4life

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

couldn't agree more, richardson has always let the football & business people do their thing, some people may not know but Hurney has been here since 1998 in some capacity with the front office(he & fox are not a pair)during the seifert era he didn't have much power(seifert was the defacto gm)but since jerry has elevated him, he has for the most part been solid. i do believe that JR is the reason we have gone cheap this year(lockout?new coach?rebuilding?)but Hurney more so than fox is driving the current roster(think fox would prefer some more veterans)

#130 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

Exactly, I can't think of any other year even when we repllaced a coach and brought in a new one where we wholesale made so many changes and got rid of so many veterans and starters. There may have been a time where we picked up a number of veterans but never purged the team or made so many decisions based on financial reasons.THis was clearly was orchestrated by Richardson due to the CBA.

#131 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:05 AM

couldn't agree more, richardson has always let the football & business people do their thing, some people may not know but Hurney has been here since 1998 in some capacity with the front office(he & fox are not a pair)during the seifert era he didn't have much power(seifert was the defacto gm)but since jerry has elevated him, he has for the most part been solid. i do believe that JR is the reason we have gone cheap this year(lockout?new coach?rebuilding?)but Hurney more so than fox is driving the current roster(think fox would prefer some more veterans)

Yeah Hurney got to shop in the bargain basement and goodwill, but Richardson sent him there and told him how much he could spend.