25 replies to this topic

#16 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

i say we run goodson like florida did harvin a few years ago granted that was college....some times out wide some times in the back field or put him in motion.....the point is he does not always have to be a running back and taking on threat off the field for a another lesser one is not a good use of resources

he'll be our reggae bush

#17 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,016 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

^^^Why would you wish such things on him??

#18 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

And the majority of the fans wanted goodson to be cut.

:confused:

I don't know about the majority, but I do remember a thread during training camp in which a couple posters said they would cut Goodson to keep Vaughan. :rolleyes:

#19 PantherProfessor

PantherProfessor

Fingers Crossed

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:31 PM

all offseason when people were talking about how armanti was going to be the "playmaker" and "smitty jr" on this team, i kept reminding everyone about Goodson. Now that the game has slowed down for him he could be a very valuable part of the game plan against heavy blitzing teams by utilizing screens and other plays to ease QB pressure.

I also think we should have him in the game WITH D-will or Stew in the backfield, maybe put goodson in the slot. he is prob the 3rd best receiver on the team (smitty, rosario). watching the Saints game last week made me realize how some coaches actually spend time game planning around the talent they have. The saints had tons of different screen plays designed to take advantage of the 49ers pressure and keep them off balance, while taking advantage of the Rb's ability to make plays in space and catch the ball.

we have an elite group of RB's, but just handing the ball off to them up the middle isnt going to always work. we need to be clever and find ways to get all the weapons on the field at once. I would much rather see Goodson in the slot, with Lafell and smitty out wide, than Jarret and Lafell w/ smitty.

maybe our new coach can realize this next year.

#20 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

all offseason when people were talking about how armanti was going to be the "playmaker" and "smitty jr" on this team, i kept reminding everyone about Goodson. Now that the game has slowed down for him he could be a very valuable part of the game plan against heavy blitzing teams by utilizing screens and other plays to ease QB pressure.

I also think we should have him in the game WITH D-will or Stew in the backfield, maybe put goodson in the slot. he is prob the 3rd best receiver on the team (smitty, rosario). watching the Saints game last week made me realize how some coaches actually spend time game planning around the talent they have. The saints had tons of different screen plays designed to take advantage of the 49ers pressure and keep them off balance, while taking advantage of the Rb's ability to make plays in space and catch the ball.

we have an elite group of RB's, but just handing the ball off to them up the middle isnt going to always work. we need to be clever and find ways to get all the weapons on the field at once. I would much rather see Goodson in the slot, with Lafell and smitty out wide, than Jarret and Lafell w/ smitty.

maybe our new coach can realize this next year.

I agree.... well said.

#21 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:53 PM

I'm not upset that Goodson is taking carries away from DWill or JStew. I mean it's dumb that he's in the redzone offense but otherwise I think it's perfectly fine. Goodson is a really talented player and he needs to be involved anyway we can. He and Smith have been the only guys keeping the Panthers alive the past 2 games.

Edited by OneBadassCat, 24 September 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#22 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,976 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

Best part, he's went up 3 overall points in madden... His speed went from 91 to 93, his catching 80, and his KR went from 50-something to like 82 I think... Awesome.

/nerd

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,642 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

i don't care who it is that gets the job done as long as they do it. get us a win!!

#24 outlaw4

outlaw4

Winning Cures Everything

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:50 PM

Any else feel that Goody will FINALLY break our drought and have a kickoff return for a TD this season? That's something I haven't even thought to be possible for years now.

#25 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,265 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

Last year, I was reserved in a lot of my expectations for Goodson but felt a great ammount of optomism for what he could offer to the team down the road. He's starting to make me think I short changed him with that optomism. He's going to be special by the end of this year and will be a serious threat if there is football next year.

#26 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:59 AM

Any else feel that Goody will FINALLY break our drought and have a kickoff return for a TD this season? That's something I haven't even thought to be possible for years now.

I think he certainly has the greatest chance of any returner since Smith was doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com