Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't forget your dinner with Ocho

88 posts in this topic

Posted

he did this last year too... pretty cool of him

Posted

Can't believe people are trying to spin this into something negative. He's giving fans a chance to meet him when many other athletes are too arrogant/couldn't care less about the fans. Chad may be loud, but you can always tell he's good intentioned.

2 people like this

Posted

ugghhh finnnne.

Do you think he will mention anything about our passing d?.....and how miserable they are

Posted

I'm trying to get the free grub...he's probably going to pick something in the uptown area.

I honestly don't think he does it for the publicity any more I think he gotten to the point know where he's just become the character "Ocho Cinco" and he just enjoys doing stuff like this. He's done it in pretty much every city he travels to. Over the summer he brought everyone at a movie theater in Miami movie tickets, popcorn and soda. He's seems like a good guy genuinely but he might want to hire a financial planer...

Posted

I'm guessing Rock Bottom. We have no where to go but up.

Posted

I'm trying to get the free grub...he's probably going to pick something in the uptown area.

I honestly don't think he does it for the publicity any more I think he gotten to the point know where he's just become the character "Ocho Cinco" and he just enjoys doing stuff like this. He's done it in pretty much every city he travels to. Over the summer he brought everyone at a movie theater in Miami movie tickets, popcorn and soda. He's seems like a good guy genuinely but he might want to hire a financial planer...

Did you watch the show?

Like I said lol, Chad lives a very single life lol

Posted

No I hate reality shows like that so can't really speak on the show lol

Posted

I follow Chad on Twitter and he does this for each road game. It's very cool of him, IMO. He's posted pics of himself just kicking it with folks at a Denny's, chilling. Taken folks out shopping with him. All on his dime. How can you knock a guy for that when you consider how fuggen standoffish and elitist the majority of NFL players are, especially the elite level ones.

But, yeah, what a douchebag Chad is. He should give his money to charity if he wants attention as opposed to breaking bread and rubbing elbows with the common fan.

WTF

1 person likes this

Posted

Wish I was still living in Charlotte. It's not often you get the chance to do something like this. Even if he does play for the opposing team, this is still very cool.

Posted

Price's Chicken Coop

i sure wouldnt mind a fish sammich.

Posted

Very true. But Vick could have done the same thing with some of his money instead of the dog fighting. Of the two, I like Chad's choice better.

When you set the standard that low, most everyone looks good, LOL.

Posted

I follow Chad on Twitter and he does this for each road game. It's very cool of him, IMO. He's posted pics of himself just kicking it with folks at a Denny's, chilling. Taken folks out shopping with him. All on his dime. How can you knock a guy for that when you consider how fuggen standoffish and elitist the majority of NFL players are, especially the elite level ones.

But, yeah, what a douchebag Chad is. He should give his money to charity if he wants attention as opposed to breaking bread and rubbing elbows with the common fan.

WTF

I think you are taking this to an extreme. It isn't a bad thing at all. And I would totally agree that it is a good gesture. BUt I think his motives are just bigger than charity. He is a spectacle everywhere he goes. He is bigger than life. Giving away meals in cities across the country is not only a good time but a great way to increase popularity and build viewers for his show. Plus it feeds the total Ocho Cinco persona. It is so Chad. Making folks wait until 4, message boards like this talking it up like we are. Tons of folks showing up looking for a meal. Probably lots of Cincy fans. I think it is a great idea and marketing tool. Plus he gets to do something good.

It is just that for him the publicity and public recognition seems to be the main motivation not the altruism that he could experience anonymously as well. Honeslty I don't blame him. If I had a TV show and was him, I would do the same thing. It was more a comment not intented as a criticism.