87 replies to this topic

#16 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

I'm trying to get the free grub...he's probably going to pick something in the uptown area.

I honestly don't think he does it for the publicity any more I think he gotten to the point know where he's just become the character "Ocho Cinco" and he just enjoys doing stuff like this. He's done it in pretty much every city he travels to. Over the summer he brought everyone at a movie theater in Miami movie tickets, popcorn and soda. He's seems like a good guy genuinely but he might want to hire a financial planer...

#17 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,332 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

I'm guessing Rock Bottom. We have no where to go but up.

#18 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

I'm trying to get the free grub...he's probably going to pick something in the uptown area.

I honestly don't think he does it for the publicity any more I think he gotten to the point know where he's just become the character "Ocho Cinco" and he just enjoys doing stuff like this. He's done it in pretty much every city he travels to. Over the summer he brought everyone at a movie theater in Miami movie tickets, popcorn and soda. He's seems like a good guy genuinely but he might want to hire a financial planer...

Did you watch the show?

Like I said lol, Chad lives a very single life lol

#19 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

• HUDDLER
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

No I hate reality shows like that so can't really speak on the show lol

#20 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

I follow Chad on Twitter and he does this for each road game. It's very cool of him, IMO. He's posted pics of himself just kicking it with folks at a Denny's, chilling. Taken folks out shopping with him. All on his dime. How can you knock a guy for that when you consider how fuggen standoffish and elitist the majority of NFL players are, especially the elite level ones.

But, yeah, what a douchebag Chad is. He should give his money to charity if he wants attention as opposed to breaking bread and rubbing elbows with the common fan.

WTF

#21 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,408 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

Wish I was still living in Charlotte. It's not often you get the chance to do something like this. Even if he does play for the opposing team, this is still very cool.

#22 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:22 AM

Price's Chicken Coop

i sure wouldnt mind a fish sammich.

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

Very true. But Vick could have done the same thing with some of his money instead of the dog fighting. Of the two, I like Chad's choice better.

When you set the standard that low, most everyone looks good, LOL.

#24 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:42 AM

I follow Chad on Twitter and he does this for each road game. It's very cool of him, IMO. He's posted pics of himself just kicking it with folks at a Denny's, chilling. Taken folks out shopping with him. All on his dime. How can you knock a guy for that when you consider how fuggen standoffish and elitist the majority of NFL players are, especially the elite level ones.

But, yeah, what a douchebag Chad is. He should give his money to charity if he wants attention as opposed to breaking bread and rubbing elbows with the common fan.

WTF

I think you are taking this to an extreme. It isn't a bad thing at all. And I would totally agree that it is a good gesture. BUt I think his motives are just bigger than charity. He is a spectacle everywhere he goes. He is bigger than life. Giving away meals in cities across the country is not only a good time but a great way to increase popularity and build viewers for his show. Plus it feeds the total Ocho Cinco persona. It is so Chad. Making folks wait until 4, message boards like this talking it up like we are. Tons of folks showing up looking for a meal. Probably lots of Cincy fans. I think it is a great idea and marketing tool. Plus he gets to do something good.

It is just that for him the publicity and public recognition seems to be the main motivation not the altruism that he could experience anonymously as well. Honeslty I don't blame him. If I had a TV show and was him, I would do the same thing. It was more a comment not intented as a criticism.

#25 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:33 PM

So I think this is how its gonna work...

At 4pm he is going to tweet the location of the restaurant. Then, the first 85 folks to show up there get a wristband or something. So, what you would probably want to do it be Uptown (which I imagine is where it will be) at around 330 or 4. Keep checking twitter and as soon as he posts it head straight to the spot. I wonder how many people have shown up/got turned away in the previous cities. Im thinking about going to this, jsut b/c I think that it would be a really cool and unique experience....plus a chance to get a 100 dollar meal for free.

#26 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:37 PM

I hope Chad goes for three touchdowns against us tomorrow (we still win though obvs) just to piss of whiney bitches like most of the people in this thread.

How many dinners has Steve Smith thrown for fans OF HIS OWN TEAM?

Eat a dick, shitheads.

#27 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

ya his twitter says dinner is 6-8......so i hope they give u wrist bands, and dont make u wait outside for 2 hours. its too hot for that poo.

#28 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

• HUDDLER
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

Yea me and a friend a going to head uptown around 3:30...we were debating though because a lot of times the visiting teams stay at hotels in S. Charlotte so he might try to go in that area.

#29 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Yea me and a friend a going to head uptown around 3:30...we were debating though because a lot of times the visiting teams stay at hotels in S. Charlotte so he might try to go in that area.

oh damn really? what resturants are near there

#30 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

So I think this is how its gonna work...

At 4pm he is going to tweet the location of the restaurant. Then, the first 85 folks to show up there get a wristband or something. So, what you would probably want to do it be Uptown (which I imagine is where it will be) at around 330 or 4. Keep checking twitter and as soon as he posts it head straight to the spot. I wonder how many people have shown up/got turned away in the previous cities. Im thinking about going to this, jsut b/c I think that it would be a really cool and unique experience....plus a chance to get a 100 dollar meal for free.

Probably uptown. What hotel is the visiting team usually staying in?

At 4pm, have your iPhone ready. I'm not in Charlotte, too bad otherwise I would have gone.

What he's doing is cool IMO. He's making himself available to opposing fans just to chill and bs around. Who else does that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.