Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fox: Too Early to Name QB for Next Week

117 posts in this topic

Posted

Fox never commits on anything until after watching film on Monday. Would any of you want it any other way? Do you want him making decisions on the future in emotional post game moments or after studying the situation?...Geeeez.

Posted

Who knows? Maybe we'd have different opinions on Quinn and Anderson had the Browns let one of them play no matter what. Instead of switching them back and forth.

That would have required Davidson to learn something while working up there.

Posted

I can't believe Fox made those comments, what a fool. I usually don't get involved in the "fire fox" topics but the statements he made after the game today are just delusional.

At this point, you have to make Jimmy the guy. I mean did he really expect a complete turn around in this game and Clausen to throw 4 tds?

You've lost it Fox, you've lost the team... the fans... and logical thinking patterns. The time for change is here, pack your poo Fox

Posted

Fox never commits on anything until after watching film on Monday. Would any of you want it any other way? Do you want him making decisions on the future in emotional post game moments or after studying the situation?...Geeeez.

But he could've offered Jimmy his support... Honestly, IDK that Jimmy is clearly better than Matt at this point... He looked better at points, he throws a lot prettier ball, but as far as reads and such, IDK... But, that is irrelevant now... Once he made the change to a guy with such hype as Jimmy he needed to stick with it and put your full support behind him...

IF he wasn't ready to go all in with him, he shouldn't have pulled Matt... At this point, he may just be better off resigning, but he may be hoping JR fires him so he can have his name out there for all the jobs that come open first.

Posted

Can anyone confirm he said this?

I mean, I can't get over how stupid a comment this was.

Even if he was just trying to be "Secret John" like usual, a stupid comment like that will hurt Clausen's confidence, and the team.

I freakin hate you John Fox.

Cranston's our AP reporter, it's as reliable as you get...

Posted

Has to be a front. He can't be that stupid

Posted

fox would be an idiot to put moore in.

Posted

But he could've offered Jimmy his support... Honestly, IDK that Jimmy is clearly better than Matt at this point... He looked better at points, he throws a lot prettier ball, but as far as reads and such, IDK... But, that is irrelevant now... Once he made the change to a guy with such hype as Jimmy he needed to stick with it and put your full support behind him...

IF he wasn't ready to go all in with him, he shouldn't have pulled Matt... At this point, he may just be better off resigning, but he may be hoping JR fires him so he can have his name out there for all the jobs that come open first.

Its consistent with what he has always done. Fox never commits to anything post game. To do so would be Andy Reid like. He will watch film and decide. If you think about it that is the best way to handle it. It takes emotion out of the decision process.

Posted

Fox didn't start making vague assurances about Jake's status as a starter until midway through the season last year. He would always say Jake was the starter for the following week immediately.

This isn't just a case of him waiting to "see the tape".

1 person likes this

Posted

F'in Christ. He's going to mess up Jimmy for life. How could you even think about putting Moore back in.

Posted

Its consistent with what he has always done. Fox never commits to anything post game. To do so would be Andy Reid like. He will watch film and decide. If you think about it that is the best way to handle it. It takes emotion out of the decision process.

You're usually right, but not in this case. Once he pulled Matt, the decision was made for him. The whole country, especially national media was waiting for Clasuen to become the starter once he fell in our laps... The guy is a hype machine. He was already labeled the QB of the future... Once you made that switch you've got to go 'all in.' You can't second guess it...

As was pointed out earlier by Lightsout, what did Belichick do with Brady when he benched Bledsoe? And Bledsoe was a pretty successful starter for years before that. He put his full support behind Brady. Look at Peyton Manning... Eli Manning... etc... A young guy like that, you can't take back out.

And see SMF's post below yours about Jake. Fox hasn't always played coy about his QB which makes this even more ridiculous.

1 person likes this

Posted

It is very possible that it is a front. I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the locker room telling Clausen he's the starter, but he wants to have the Saints prepare for Moore, too.