Photo
- - - - -

Fox: Too Early to Name QB for Next Week

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
116 replies to this topic

#106 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

Jimmy barely did better than Matt did and the OL did better today than last week (not saying much...sacks). Coaches need to go; keep Meeks.

he barely did worse actually. but looks like you and i are in the minority because according to this board...matt last week was terrible and jimmy this week was GOOD!

:puke:

Having said that. Won't do this team any good to switch QB's again. Won't tell me or anyone else if Jimmy's worth a damn cause I couldn't possibly judge him off of one game. And if Matt comes back and he's all f**ked up and sucks again....THEN WHAT?

WHAT DO YOU DO THEN? PIKE?

I think Jimmy should remain the starter but not because I think he's playing better than Moore. But simply because of consistency. Neither one of these QB's can do much better than the other with this team the way we are playing right now, so switching them back and forth is only going to cause more problems. I do feel if Matt started again, just based on the consistency factor alone, we probably would have had a better game today.

But I felt if Jimmy was going to get put in might as well be at home against the Bengals than on the road against the Saints. At least he has one game behind him, and if he remains starter he will have one more week to fully prepare for that game.

#107 MooreToSmitty

MooreToSmitty

This Account Is Useless

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

he barely did worse actually.

I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or if you're just some dumbass off his rocker.

Yes, Matt Moore was better than Jimmy Clausen huh? Let's see, Matt Moore threw for 125 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int, and lost a fumble against a defense that Charlie f**king BATCH carved up. Charlie Batch.

While Jimmy Clausen threw for 188 yards, 1 int, and lost 2 fumbles against a defense that DESTROYED Joe Flacco, a QB that led his team to the playoffs, last week. Keep in mind, he threw 4 interceptions while throwing to Boldin, Mason, and Housyomama. Clausen only has Smith to throw to.

You're absolutely batshit insane if you think Moore played better last week, let alone the week BEFORE that. Trust me, I think Moore can play, but you really gotta get off of his nuts. You're like a failcunt fan when they talk about ryan.

Hell, Clausen even has a better passer rating than Moore. Moore is last in the league. C'mon, man.

Edited by MooreToSmitty, 27 September 2010 - 06:29 AM.

#108 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

Im not in favor of switching back and forth on the QB's. Fox never had any faith in Moore so leave Clausen as the starter. You learn by taking reps and practacing, not holding a freakin clipboard. I'm just worried about him getting broken in half cause the O line sucks really bad.

#109 TarPanther9180

TarPanther9180

Ready for football

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

How is it everyone was ready to bench Jake last year after one game, now people are yelling to keep the QB for stability?

By the way, I am on team Clausen. He should start. I thought he played okay for his first start, could have been worse. He had a confident swagger and showed some poise. I think he's going to be good.

#110 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:14 AM

you dont flip flop QB's. The harsh reality is that Moore will not be our futurue QB. Jimmy Clausen will or has that chance. Start the people who will be with the franchise in the future. Simple as that

#111 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:18 AM

How is it everyone was ready to bench Jake last year after one game, now people are yelling to keep the QB for stability?.

Maybe because the previous game he had 6 turnovers in one of the worst QB performances in playoff history and was in a tailspin of terrible play. Just a hunch.

#112 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:21 AM

How is it everyone was ready to bench Jake last year after one game, now people are yelling to keep the QB for stability?

Actually, we had alot of folks that defended Delhomme til around the Bills game.

Also, Delhomme had "history" on his side.

But as of right now, I don't see any good coming out of benching Clausen.

#113 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:21 AM

Maybe because the previous game he had 6 turnovers in one of the worst QB performances in playoff history and was in a tailspin of terrible play. Just a hunch.

And this too!

#114 thennek

thennek

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:27 AM

Until this offense becomes less predictable, more creative, has better WR's, and better blocking, it does not matter who the QB is. Drew Bees and Peyton Manning would struggle with this offense. The Panthers did not put Moore or Jimmy in a position of strength.

#115 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:32 AM

If we can learn anything about the parallels to the Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn situation (besides all the eerie similarities), is that neither will be a Panther for very long.

But that said, I don't think you can bench Clausen. It's come time to ride him out the whole season.

#116 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

I don't know what you thought he was but what comes up comes out and always had on gameday. If you interview him tomorrow he will be more calm and intropsective. He is an emotional guy and always has been.

Oh I know. He'll be back to his mellow self once he has time to calm down. Just saying.

I like the idea that Clausen is testing the waters with the other Wrs. Though, I fully expect him to hit Smith more once he develops some chemistry with him. With the superb accuracy that Clausen has shown (at times), he may very well evolve into the type of qb that could propel Smith's status even higher than it already is.

#117 Jrock3016

Jrock3016

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

i'm not advocating replacing anyone, and yes your qb has to get the respect of his teammates, the fact that smitty is venting shows that he still cares about winning, but its clear that we a rebuilding(even if FO won't say it). clausen as of now is considered the future by the FO so most players are going to have to fall in line as he grows(if they want to be here)

So true! Smitty just wants the ball. If you believe that he was throwing Clausen under the bus I believe your wrong. Really I read that he was calling Davidson under the bus more than anything...He wants the ball and dont care how he gets it. Think about it...we havent even done a reverse to smitty...wr screen...Anything that would but the ball in his hands. The difference between the first half and the second...PLAY-ACTION.. watch the game again...you'll see it. Clausen did been when we began to go to play-action.