Photo
- - - - -

Is your opinion of Mr. Richardson starting to change?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,642 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

Which is why he is getting bashed. I want an owner who IS afraid to have a less than stellar year, and expect nothing less than 9-7 at a minimum every year.

why would he be afraid of a losing season this year? I think Richardson was banking on a 8-8 season and the end of the Fox era. Then the lockout. A 5-6 win season ain't gonna hurt him.....and while the the Panthers are racking up only 5 wins or so in 2010 it is setting the stage for them to be very good in the near future (with the addition of a good coach).

#32 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,246 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

Lociento Amigo

lol love how this is spelled:smilielol5:

#33 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

why would he be afraid of a losing season this year? I think Richardson was banking on a 8-8 season and the end of the Fox era. Then the lockout. A 5-6 win season ain't gonna hurt him.....and while the the Panthers are racking up only 5 wins or so in 2010 it is setting the stage for them to be very good in the near future (with the addition of a good coach).

I hope so, but I wonder what you will be singing If we turn out to be not so very good in the near future or even distant future.

One day man.....one day....

Until that one day I guess we can reminisce on that one time we went to that Super Bowl and got beat.

#34 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,145 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

wow guys, this is how it starts. If not for JR, you would be watching football from your couches and not from a stadium downtown. You may not like what JR is doing right now but you also do not own a football team. JR is not a rookie, he knows what he is doing. Hes been a model owner in the league for years. He wants a winning program. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make a cake. Can we give JR some time to let the cake bake before we start calling him names etc.

#35 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,054 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:17 AM

Go root for another fuging team.

Its not richardsons fault the team is failing to eexecute and turning the ball over.

Now go fug off.

#36 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:22 AM

hes approaching a few notches below al davis

#37 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,018 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:16 AM

yes. i have always thought he was a great owner, and before this season, he would always throw some money on the line to keep his team competitive, but this season is really pissing me off.

we see where his loyalties lie. his team should come before the league. he is also shitting on the fans because we are the people that line his pockets, not the league.

the part that pisses me off the most is the fact that jerry was supposed to be part of a GROUP of owners that were going to set an example for the rest of the league pertaining to the CBA. But, the rest of the owners that were supposed to stand by his side quit, and eventually realized that they were foolish to sit back and not spend any money, wheile the rest of the league was getting better.

it was also a really bad year to make a fool of yourself like that. there were some spectacular WRs that could have helped this team that we possibly could have snagged had he not been the last owner to figure out that he was the only one not trying to improve his team.

it almost feels like the other owners outsmarted jerry. it really sucks that having a new QB who has the potential to be really good is alone on the feild, when we should have done whatever we could to help jimmy succeed.

Edited by chris999, 27 September 2010 - 03:19 AM.

#38 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:23 AM

I honestly do not know what to think of our owner just yet but as usual I have a feeling a lot of people are jumping the gun again.

I couldn't possibly tell you if what he's doing is cheap or if it makes perfect sense until we see what happens on the other side of this year. Until then, the jury is out.

He could turn out to be a genius, or he could turn out to be the greedy bastard a lot of people seem to think he is. Only time will tell, but judging him now, when we are CLEARLY in a transition period, is just short-sighted.

You have to wait and see what the result of the transition produces at the end of it. We are actually right in the middle of it right now.

#39 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,018 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:35 AM

Its called being smart with no CBA in place for next year. If I owned a team with no cap this year I would dump all the high salaries I have on my team and do NOTHING until the new CBA with the new cap and new rules were in place.

By doing that you position yourself to really stock up and rebuild when the new agreement and rules get hammered out AND you should have a very high draft pick with a new Rookie cap in place to boot. Sure fans don't like it, but its smart business for the long run of the franchise.

as much as i hate whats going on, i, and most other fans realize this. the worst part is the fact that he is purposely putting a worse product on the feild, and still raising the ticket prices. if you are going to make cuts across the board, at least dont rub it in the face of the fans by raising your ticket prices on top of it.

a good analogy would be that most of us fans have a football addiction, similar to a drug addiction, but he just watered down the hell out of his product and then decided to charge us more for it because he knows we need it, and cant get it anywhere else.

it is disrespectfull on every level. he is biting the hand that feeds him, but doesnt care one bit because he knows we love our team, and will still pay for it. the definition of the word greedy.

if he really wanted to make more money that much, there is another, more respectful way to do it. he could pour his heart soul AND money into the team, and then when the product on the feild is better, he can make more profit from the fans because we will be proud of our team and would willingly buy more of his merchandise in order to show it. not to mention all of the bandwagon fans that success will bring, making his business successful for the LONGTERM.

Edited by chris999, 27 September 2010 - 03:39 AM.

#40 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:46 AM

fug Jerry Richardson and his new greedy grinch heart. I can't respect an owner that would fug his own franchiseand its fans.

#41 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,142 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

I don't like his way of running things this season, but I will give his plan a chance before I pass judgement.

He has been too willing to write the check to try and improve this team for me to ignore and simply say he is "al davis" level.

#42 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,411 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:15 AM

I think much of this is based around the cba and Fox and Hurney in the last year of their contracts.Having said that I do not understand why he did not bring in a FA in areas like wr.Our PSL and ticket holders deserve better than this.It appears on the surface that he is cleaning cap in order for a new regime to take over.Some of the crap this season makes no sense like paying Jake 12 million to go away.Why not keep him as a mentor/backup?Another question I have is trading a second round draft pick on AE knowing full well he was a project at WR.I thought they would at least use him at wildcat.How many teams give up a second for someone who is not going to contribute.
I agree with the frustration but will give him the benefit of letting it play out.I do think alot of anger should be directed at Fox and Hurney and not JR.

Edited by jarhead, 27 September 2010 - 07:23 AM.

#43 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:11 AM

Mr Richarson is a hell of a dude that brought NFL to Charlotte. That in itself is an incredible feat. He's battled a major health issue on top of that. How you can jugle both of those issues at the same time is beyond me. I like him as an owner and when Fox and FKIN HURNEY are gone will be aight and the healing process will begin... I don't like the road he is currently taking but it is a business and think that it will make us stronger.

#44 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,476 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Don't like what he is doing, but he did give NC a team, so I have to respect him for that.

Personally I have not loved the direction of the team for quite some time, but I am a Panther fan, and will always be one.

#45 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

This fan base sucks. You all suck. You hope he died? really? The man who INVENTED the team your crying over? Stop acting like a hurt child. We went 0-3 last season yet you all are still here. Who are you going to blame when we have a new owner and we still suck? It's a weird season so far, the Chiefs are undefeated for Gods sake, I'd advise you at least let it play out before you slit your wrists.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.