Photo
- - - - -

Is it time to break up Panthers, trade Smith?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#16 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,328 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

Should trade sorenson and fouler for a back of gum and a box of crayons.

#17 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

No way do you trade Smith. The thing that is frustrating me the most is that even though our line has been shitty and everyone is off q it seems like we are just one or two plays away from clicking. 1 dropped pass away, one dropped INT away. The poo ridiculous, we've got the talent to succeed but the direction is not there.

#18 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

Add in Darin Gantt and I'll personally drive them....

#19 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

Trading Smith would be retarded. He is the only receiver we have.

#20 GameBreaker34

GameBreaker34

Feed Me!

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

No way do you trade Smith. The thing that is frustrating me the most is that even though our line has been shitty and everyone is off q it seems like we are just one or two plays away from clicking. 1 dropped pass away, one dropped INT away. The poo ridiculous, we've got the talent to succeed but the direction is not there.

Agreed, one thing that is not happening is that the ball is just not bouncing our way, figuratively speaking...

#21 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

Man screw that, Steve will retire a Panther, the Panthers will be good again give the reciever a year to develop... even with a new reciever this year was a lost cause... Smitty knew that too.

#22 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:37 PM

This has less to do with the Panthers needing to throw the ball to Smitty more, and more to do with the team trading away all of it's veteran leadership for some sort of project! If you want to go younger and build for the future... GREAT! BUT guys like Steve only have so much time left, so why make him suffer through this. You got rid of Jake because you wanted to go younger, right? Julius too? So why does Steve had to suffer through it.

The guy has given Carolina his heart and soul and as much as it would pain me to see him leave, he deserves it.

#23 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Sorenson just hit a new low in reporting. There is a solution here and it is simple. Throw the damn ball to Smith and let him do his thing. He wasn't unhappy the past 2 weeks when Moore looked for him and hit him for a TD each game. Truth is Smitty expereinced what we all saw. Smitty was open on several occasions and Clausen was already checking down for a 3 yard gain before the play was fuly developed. Unless Clausen actually throws the ball down the field and finds a way to get it to Smitty, this won't be the last temper tantrum. Clausen needs Smitty and needs to find a way to get him ball. Otherwise this really will be David Carr part 2.

Smiths frustration has probably been building since the start of the year and Clausen cant throw the ball down field when he does not have the time.

#24 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

Put down the bottle, Tom

#25 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

Can't trade Smith but if something crazy happened it better not be for less than a 1st AND 3rd.

#26 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,175 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

REAL LIFE ISN'T MADDEN, trades rarely happen in the NFL anyways. Trading Smitty would destroy any threat we had in the passing game. Just last week and the week before he had pretty decent games. And now that for the first time in franchise history we have a quarterback who might ascend to the upper echelon of quarterbacks in the league, we want to trade the best player in franchise history???? NO. I'm sorry that Smitty doesn't have a ring, but there have been plenty of great players in plenty of sports before him that have never won a championship yet are still remembered for being great and having dignity. Smitty at least went to and played in one of the most competitive Superbowls in history. He has been to multiple NFC championship games, and has achieved wide receiver greatness (Triple Crown). Things will only get better with Jimmy.

Plus trading him to another team in no way guarantees him a ring. So many things have to happen for a team to win a Superbowl. Are you serious Tom? The Vikings? They were defeated today before beating the Lions without their star quarterback. Great so he gets a couple more catches and yards this year. I would much rather keep him than let him go.

I am and always will be a Panthers fan, but trading away Smitty has got to be one of the dumbest things the Panthers could possibly do. Thank God Marty Hurney realizes this....Marty? Marty you do realize that right?

#27 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,490 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

(By Tom Sorensen, tsorensen@charlotteobserver.com) Steve Smith is a competitor. You can tell because after Carolina's first drive of the fourth quarter Sunday, a drive that ended with a punt, he came to the sideline and slowly shook his head. He grabbed a cup of Gatorade. He sat on a long bench. He was pensive. He was angry. He was alone. p/At the time, Smith had as many receptions as you did, fewer if you threw the ball around when you tailgated.

More...

FFS the Charlotte media is pathetic. Let's trade away the greatest Panther of all time for what.... a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

#28 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

I told you today he would be a HOFer if he had a real QB for the prime of his career.

#29 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,743 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

steve smith is absolutely untouchable.

you trade steve smith and the stands are empty for the rest of the year.

#30 PanthersPhan18

PanthersPhan18

(0Y0)

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

I DO NOT want to lose Steve Smith.....I do not want to lose him, but if it has to happen, then I sure hope it's on a contending team like the Colts, or even a high passing team like the Texans. He deserves to finish his career with a ring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.