Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WeWantBill

Who do you want for the Panthers Next Head Coach?

Who do you want to coach the Panthers next season?   176 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to coach the Panthers next season?

• Bill Cowher
    • Jim Harbaugh
    • Jon Gruden
    • Charlie Weis
    • Other...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

87 posts in this topic

the smartest thing john gruden ever did was hire monte kiffin.

Fail...

Monte Kiffin was hired in 96' the same year as Dungy...

Cowher,Fraizer, Harbaugh in that order

As far as Gruden goes...Hell no. If anyone seems to remember his last few years you would recall that he lost his damn mind. Remember how he went through Qb's like Otah goes thru a buffet line. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time.

Fail...

Monte Kiffin was hired in 96' the same year as Dungy...

well then, i don't know what he did that was smart.

well then, i don't know what he did that was smart.

He took a great team that Dungy built and took more risky decisions when they needed it... Dungy is a fairly conservative coach, he would always get the Bucs to playoffs, but didn't take a lot of the risks they needed to go to the next level and win the superbowl. Hence, why Jon was a good fit (short term) and with Monte Kiffin as his D-coord. = Superbowl Champs

I think the Panthers need a similar mix, a great head coach in one aspect (D or O) plus a great O or D coordinator as a complement. This will help shape them into a power house!

Would like to see what he could do, Sean McDermott.

1 person likes this

Would like to see what he could do, Sean McDermott.

i like him alot to. young & likes to play a more aggressive style 4-3

A little surprised there has been no mention of Ron Rivera. He's put very good defense on the field in Chicago and San Diego. He's been interviewed by several teams in the past to fill head coaching vacancies but hasn't landed any. Definitely someone I would like the team to consider.

1 person likes this

He took a great team that Dungy built and took more risky decisions when they needed it... Dungy is a fairly conservative coach, he would always get the Bucs to playoffs, but didn't take a lot of the risks they needed to go to the next level and win the superbowl. Hence, why Jon was a good fit (short term) and with Monte Kiffin as his D-coord. = Superbowl Champs

I think the Panthers need a similar mix, a great head coach in one aspect (D or O) plus a great O or D coordinator as a complement. This will help shape them into a power house!

yea, i just don't think gruden is that great at anything. kiffin however... I was happy to see kiffin leave the division.

1 person likes this

kinda strange. if you had asked me 3 months ago, i would have wanted fox to stay, but i guess it took me longer than most fans to realize that he will never be a good coach again, at least not here in carolina. i think he needs a change of scenery in order to get the fire back that he had in 2002 - 2005.

although i am not really sure yet, i picked gruden. i think that gruden can help develop jimmy and the offense, which is our weakest link right now, but i also think that gruden would be smart enough to keep meeks in place, and try not to mess with the defense so much since he isnt as strong in that area.

i would like weiss as an OC, but i dont think you can breach a contract to make a leteral move, so unless he is made an HC, he is stuck in KC, although i must admit that i am dumbfounded by the way he has helped to turn that team around.

so many candidates... What would be a good 5 list... I'm thinking:

-Bill Cowher

-Jim Harbaugh

-Jon Gruden

-Leslie Frazier

-Others?

Who absolutely needs to be added to this poll?

No retreads please.