Photo
- - - - -

Who do you want for the Panthers Next Head Coach?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you want to coach the Panthers next season? (176 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you want to coach the Panthers next season?

1. Bill Cowher (44 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Jim Harbaugh (51 votes [28.98%])

Percentage of vote: 28.98%

3. Jon Gruden (38 votes [21.59%])

Percentage of vote: 21.59%

4. Voted Charlie Weis (10 votes [5.68%])

Percentage of vote: 5.68%

5. Other... (33 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:08 PM

3 coaches I dont want.

Bill Cowher- He is just another Fox that has one SB in 10 years of coaching. Take away the greatness that is Dick LeBeau and you have nothing...

Charlie Weis- He showed he was not a good coach in Collage.

Jon Gruden- He would bring the WCO and that not a good fit for our team. He also has a poor winning record.

3 coaches I would like to see.

Leslie Frazier- He brings the Cover 2 and good coaching to a team. He is also a players coach.

Mike Zimmer- Like Frazier he is a very good DC and also like a fast D unit.

Mike McCoy- A familiar face but he has done well as a OC with the Broncos and I really do belive he would be a good coach to have with such a young QB starting.

Edited by Snake_Fist_Gung_Fu, 27 September 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there are a couple of things you are wrong on.

1) Players HATED playing for Gruden...he was definetly NOT a players coach!

2) Gruden never really developed any good QB's he brought in so Many QB's in TB it was just funny

BTW, just in case everyone that picked Gruden missed it, have you noticed the shape the last two teams he has coached for is in?

Just sayin........

agreed. very well known that the players hated him .

and for being a supposed QB guru, you'd think that he would have had some success there. who did he have? lol. good luck finding much success there.

if gruden was as good as everyone here thinks he is he would have had a job coaching job. i mean it's not like there weren't job openings or anything. the only offer that he got from a team was come community college, wasn't it? come on.

people just like him because he does good on tv and looks smart. image is not just everything with him...it's the only thing. he really doesn't need to quit his day job unless it's to go to dallas or some other over hyped team.

teams aren't going to win with gruden anymore than he did with the bucs. he'll take a good team like what he got with the bucs and drive it into the ground.

#33 The Don

The Don

Smoke weed!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

I'm hoping for an offensive minded head coach, like a Jason Garrett or Joe Philbin (who's currently with the Packers). But Marty Schottenheimer is sitting in the back of my head right now. But knowing the history of the Panthers, and their philosophy of having a defensive minded head coach, it all kind of points towards Leslie Frazier in my opinion.

#34 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,481 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

I'm hoping for an offensive minded head coach, like a Jason Garrett or Joe Philbin (who's currently with the Packers). But Marty Schottenheimer is sitting in the back of my head right now. But knowing the history of the Panthers, and their philosophy of having a defensive minded head coach, it all kind of points towards Leslie Frazier in my opinion.

I would not rule out Mike McCoy ether. They really liked him when he was here. Also you cant argue with the success he has had.

#35 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,509 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

Smartest thing Gruden ever did was go into the broadcast booth.

That tops his superbowl over the raiders that he knew like the back of his hand.

#36 bigjohn

bigjohn

Block and Tackle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

Posted Image

#37 WeWantBill

WeWantBill

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

the smartest thing john gruden ever did was hire monte kiffin.

Fail...

Monte Kiffin was hired in 96' the same year as Dungy...

#38 Clicheking

Clicheking

Mack of the year

• HUDDLER
  • 3,016 posts
  • Location910

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

Cowher,Fraizer, Harbaugh in that order

As far as Gruden goes...Hell no. If anyone seems to remember his last few years you would recall that he lost his damn mind. Remember how he went through Qb's like Otah goes thru a buffet line. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time.

#39 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

Fail...

Monte Kiffin was hired in 96' the same year as Dungy...

well then, i don't know what he did that was smart.

#40 WeWantBill

WeWantBill

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

well then, i don't know what he did that was smart.

He took a great team that Dungy built and took more risky decisions when they needed it... Dungy is a fairly conservative coach, he would always get the Bucs to playoffs, but didn't take a lot of the risks they needed to go to the next level and win the superbowl. Hence, why Jon was a good fit (short term) and with Monte Kiffin as his D-coord. = Superbowl Champs

I think the Panthers need a similar mix, a great head coach in one aspect (D or O) plus a great O or D coordinator as a complement. This will help shape them into a power house!

#41 lostcat

lostcat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

Would like to see what he could do, Sean McDermott.

#42 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

Would like to see what he could do, Sean McDermott.

i like him alot to. young & likes to play a more aggressive style 4-3

#43 PantherFanTom

PantherFanTom

Meh.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:19 PM

A little surprised there has been no mention of Ron Rivera. He's put very good defense on the field in Chicago and San Diego. He's been interviewed by several teams in the past to fill head coaching vacancies but hasn't landed any. Definitely someone I would like the team to consider.

#44 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,568 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:22 PM

E. Leslie Frazier

#45 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:23 PM

He took a great team that Dungy built and took more risky decisions when they needed it... Dungy is a fairly conservative coach, he would always get the Bucs to playoffs, but didn't take a lot of the risks they needed to go to the next level and win the superbowl. Hence, why Jon was a good fit (short term) and with Monte Kiffin as his D-coord. = Superbowl Champs

I think the Panthers need a similar mix, a great head coach in one aspect (D or O) plus a great O or D coordinator as a complement. This will help shape them into a power house!

yea, i just don't think gruden is that great at anything. kiffin however... I was happy to see kiffin leave the division.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.