#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,976 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

I'm still a fan, I wore a Panthers shirt to work today and I will continue to watch and support them. I am disappointed and depressed about it, but I'm not giving meaningless ultimatums either...

#17 Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*

Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

Pope, I recommend you watch the Saints. That Brees fellow is pretty good....

#18 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

pssst...they lost to the Falcons. I recommend the Niners.

#19 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

How's the knee?

#20 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

Drew, why try to recruit a fair-weather fan?

#21 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

With all of the controversy surrounding the Catholic church, it's not surprising that The Pope doesn't want to spend his Sundays watching more young men get taken advantage of.

#22 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:56 PM

I will not watch another panther game or go to one.

I'm tired of his crap and his stale ass offense its time for a change and he needs to be fired asp and davidson need to be shown the door aswell.

Good, don't post on here either. Bye-bye gayboys.

#23 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,530 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

a part of being a true fan is sticking with your team even when they suck. Everything goes in cycles we will be good again. If you quit now your just a patriot, steelers, cowboys, saints, band wagon a$$hole like 98 percent of the country

#24 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

I never said I was leaving here I Just said I would not watch anymore panthers game which i'm not.

I get you a west virgina fan and know you people are not the smartest so I go easy on you.

I received most of my schooling in NC. But back to the post if you cant support the team through hard times you shouldnt support them through the good ones.

#25 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

i get the feeling alot of people around here don't actually enjoy watching football.

#26 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:09 PM

What if he isn't fired, but he just doesn't sign a contract for next season? Will you stay gone???

#27 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,469 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

don't let the door hit ya...

#28 Darth Bobo

Darth Bobo

The Dude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationRTP

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

I will not watch another panther game or go to one.

I'm tired of his crap and his stale ass offense its time for a change and he needs to be fired asp and davidson need to be shown the door aswell.

Drama Queen.

Any time a team is not winning, the doubters and haters sound more convincing. However, I think it is important to put our season into perspective with our offseason when estimating what the expecatations of our team, and of Fox were at the beginning of the season, since we already know that no one from franchise actually came out and told us anything of substance about that. Remember: "It is what it is".

When a team cuts as many veterans as we did, they know they are going to win fewer games. That is elementary.

Richardson's fair expectations then, should have been that Fox's veteran-less Panthers would start out losing, then to improve steadily, and finally land more wins for ourselves as the season progresses. The expectation should have been that players who would not have otherwise played while veterans were on the field would get exposure, either positive or negative. That by the end of the season, some of these young players would reveal themselves as playmakers, while others proven themselves unworthy.

What we gain from this season that other teams will not is twofold.

1) We gain enormous future salary cap space to buy up next years veterans on the cheap, and they will be cheap because when the cap returns several teams are extremely likely be well over the new salary cap. Those teams will be forced to cut talent, and will not be in a good position to make compensation demands for those players.

2) Because we are fielding so many rookies and first year starters, we will essentially have an entire year to tell us which players are never going to pan out. When the unpromising players depart after this year, we will have another disproportionately large(compared to other franchises) influx of raw young talent. It is likely, we will also be the youngest team next year, but next year we'll not only be the youngest, but we will have tested youth, and will have filtered out the weaker younger players who would otherwise occupy a roster spot on a team with veteran who always plays. In other words, Carolinas future bench will be stronger and deeper than most team's benches.....

What good is that for fans this year? Not much. But I think it is a mistake to think Richardson expected Fox to produce a winning team this early in the season.

Edited by Darth Bobo, 27 September 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#29 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

Never figured the Pope to be a bandwagoner.

#30 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

Never figured the Pope to be a bandwagoner.

You know, the thing with the kids probably had him at least thinking about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com