Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers are expected to put in a waiver claim for Trent Edwards

70 posts in this topic

Posted

Two NFL executives told ESPN's Chris Mortensen they believe Edwards will be claimed on waivers by 4 p.m. Tuesday.

The Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks are among the teams expected to put in a claim.

Edwards was in his fourth season after being selected by the team in the third round of the 2007 draft and eventually replaced J.P. Losman midway through his rookie season. He went 14-18 as a starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5621888

Teams 2009 records are determined when deciding who has first priority, which would mean the Cheifs are first in line.

Posted

more mediocrity. Edwards looked good until he got injured a couple years ago. Then he just looked scared and terrible.

Posted

lol if you're going to do that you might as well suit me up. I'll play for free.

Posted

I doubt the Chiefs pass him up.

Posted

Retarded

Posted

oh.......well....atleast your taking care of a dire need.

WTF!?

Posted

doubtful

would make no sense

Posted

facepalm.jpg

Posted

Project Receiver, CHAMPIONSHIP!

Posted

Well we don't need someone to replace Jimmy. We DO need someone to be able to talk to him after a 3 and out or INT and guide him. Edwards may suck but at least he knows more than Moore. Frank Garcia said we should pay Steve Beurlein to be that guy in a total consultation role.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was gonna make a joke earlier when someone said we need a 'veteran' QB.... little did I know...

Posted

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5621888

Teams 2009 records are determined when deciding who has first priority, which would mean the Cheifs are first in line.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I follow the Bills as well and I am telling you he is THE worst QB in football. the guy flat sucks. He is the biggest pussy to ever don a QB uniform. Jesus Christ we better not get him!!!