#31 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

Suffering

Are we gonna go on like this or are you gonna answer with an answer? Because if so, I'll just stop now.

#32 Awesomeness!

Awesomeness!

Zulu

• HUDDLER
  • 5,193 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

In other words, grass is green.

To become an atheist, born into a religous family, is probably one of the hardest things to do from an intelligence standpoint. Atheist have the highest IQs of any other "religous" group. In other words...we're awesome.

#33 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

Are we gonna go on like this or are you gonna answer with an answer? Because if so, I'll just stop now.

living in a police state?

#34 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

It gives people hope. It's a fools hope but still hope which can make people happy. Like they saying goes, "ignorance is bliss".

wow...

Are you this bigoted towards any one else or do you save all of your contempt for those of us who made the choice to believe in God?

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Idk what you're saying. Maybe you attempting at humor. If so sorry I'm not picking up on it :P

You asked what do humans have to be unhappy about. I say suffering and the awareness of mortality.

#36 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

wow...

Are you this bigoted towards any one else or do you save all of your contempt for those of us who made the choice to believe in God?

So now thinking someone is wrong is being bigoted. lol ok

#37 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

Oh gawd never mind. pffft....

#38 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,721 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

Posted Image

#39 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:05 PM

Rat Fink!

#40 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,884 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

Good God this thread sucks.
See what I just did there?

#41 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:08 PM

Good God this thread sucks.
See what I just did there?

:P

#42 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Being agnostic, I still agree with the quote that "religion keeps poor people from killing rich people"

That's about all it's good for.

Exactly. It's a way to control people who have nothing other than a promise that things will get better in another life controlled. Without it, there was no way to get people to do what those in power wanted. Most religious rituals can be explained if you use critical thinking. One example would be the Jewish Kosher diet. Had they had refrigerators back then, there probably wouldn't even be such a thing. These things don't come from God.

#43 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,234 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:10 PM

Exactly. It's a way to control people who have nothing other than a promise that things will get better in another life controlled. Without it, there was no way to get people to do what those in power wanted. Most religious rituals can be explained if you use critical thinking. One example would be the Jewish Kosher diet. Had they had refrigerators back then, there probably wouldn't even be such a thing. These things don't come from God.

Bigot!:cryin:

#44 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

So now thinking someone is wrong is being bigoted. lol ok

Not at all. Ive go no beef with someone who believes that Im wrong about any subject including my belief in God.

What I'm taking issue with is your intimations in this thread that people who believe are fooled by hope, or afraid of their own mortality, or are somehow less capable of critical thinking. The suggestion that those folk who choose to believe are mentally lesser is or that their choice wasn't a fully considered and well reasoned one patently offensive.

#45 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Not at all. Ive go no beef with someone who believes that Im wrong about any subject including my belief in God.

What I'm taking issue with is your intimations in this thread that people who believe are fooled by hope, or afraid of their own mortality, or are somehow less capable of critical thinking. The suggestion that those folk who choose to believe are mentally lesser is or that their choice wasn't a fully considered and well reasoned one patently offensive.

Don't bother...clearly Cat is the only happy person in this world....with all the answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.