• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 03:30 AM

Huh! I was raised in North and South Carolina, made to go to church on Sundays and Wednesdays until I was a teenager, stopped attending church for a while, partied a ton in college, and recently started going back to church, and I scored 80% on the test without Googling one single answer.

So, much for that generalization, huh? That's what I find hilarious about atheists. They think all Christians simply continue in the religion because their parents made them go or because they don't critically think about their religion. For some, that's probably true, but that's probably true for a vast majority of other beliefs as well.

Someone wants to screw everything that walks, so they decide God isn't real so they don't feel guilty. Someone thinks they are extremely intellectual and believing in a supreme being such as God means that something is above them, and they just can't have someone above them and their intellectual superiority. Someone loves hittin the blow any chance they get, so they believe God isn't real, so they don't feel they are doing anything bad. It's all the same. Those people believe what they believe without thinking about it.

On the flip side, there are many Christians that do study things and look for answers other than "Because the Bible told me so." I wish some of the arrogant atheists would get it through their intellectually superior (/sarcasm) brains that all Christians, or even persons of faith, do not fit into their little "Oh, poor intellectually inferior/stupid person of faith" mold.

Agnostics like me = One time atheists who figured out that no one is smart enough to have it all figured out

#92 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:32 AM

If Cat were truly happy, she wouldn't come running anytime someone whispers the G-word within 100 miles of the huddle.

If we used that logic then you aren't happy either because you post in ever religious thread. As does meat, pstall, etc.etc. etc.

I never claimed I'm a super happy person. I have my days of ups and downs like most people. Like yesterday when my transmission died in my car and they quoted me $3000 to repair it. :( But then I spent the night out with my family and had a great time :)

Edited by Cat, 30 September 2010 - 05:35 AM.

#93 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

If we used that logic then you aren't happy either because you post in ever religious thread. As does meat, pstall, etc.etc. etc.

I never claimed I'm a super happy person. I have my days of ups and downs like most people. Like yesterday when my transmission died in my car and they quoted me $3000 to repair it. :( But then I spent the night out with my family and had a great time :)

You can pray for a new transmission, or you can go steal someone else's and pray for forgiveness. The choice is yours.

#94 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

You can pray for a new transmission, or you can go steal someone else's and pray for forgiveness. The choice is yours.

And since I don't think God gives a damn about a transmission Id suggest you go with the second option.

#95 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:22 AM

Agnostics like me = One time atheists who figured out that no one is smart enough to have it all figured out

Holy @#%, Meats said something insightful and intelligent. My entire world is crumbing around me.

#96 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

And since I don't think God gives a damn about a transmission Id suggest you go with the second option.

Not true. I heard the other day that God loves gay people and trannies, too.

#97 Inimicus

Inimicus

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:29 AM

Not true. I heard the other day that God loves gay people and trannies, too.

so...

You keep a tranny under your car?

#98 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:30 AM

so...

You keep a tranny under your car?

Isn't that where they go?

#99 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,203 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

I prayed about my transmission and god told me to tell Meat to STFU. Seriously, he did. But no word on the transmission yet maybe if I volunteer at a soup kitchen this Sunday he might lend me a hand.

:)

just messin with ya mEaT :)

#100 Inimicus

Inimicus

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

Meat, I think that there's something that someone should tell you.

Some of those pretty girls with big breasts, well they have peckers too.

Those are the Trannies that God loves, not the ones made of gears and valve bodies.

#101 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

Meat, I think that there's something that someone should tell you.

Some of those pretty girls with big breasts, well they have peckers too.

Those are the Trannies that God loves, not the ones made of gears and valve bodies.

So Cat's only hope is if she has a pecker?

#102 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:49 AM

I went to an Evangelical Christian college. And I can tell you, deeply religious people aren't all that intelligent. The love Jesus and that is about all they know.

#103 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:19 PM

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." - Rush

Agnostics aren't free of criticism. They've simply refused to accept a superior value (faith or reason) and so tend to bounce between the two. I'd say this describes most people, and leads to typically compulsive or emotionally-driven behavior.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.