Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Because Peppers Made Known That He Wants Out..U Will Not Get 1st or 2nd picks

51 posts in this topic

Posted

that's all I'm saying...GMs know that Peppers want out of Charlotte. Period! Peppers is 29 years old. Jared Allen was 24. That's 80 (5 years X 16 games) more games played between the 2 players. It aint happening...

So your dumbass is saying that no team in the NFL is willing to give up a first round pick for a DE capable of getting 14 sacks? Your crazy. I just heard the short bus, its time for you to leave.

Posted

Definite first round, no matter what Pep says. That being said, he may change his tune if Turgovak is fired next week.

Posted

Sorry dude- but this is the wrong year to be trying to trade a DE because the draft is loaded with good DE unlike other years. First off, you got to find a team that's willing to give you a first rd pick. Look at all the teams that have the power to do that and ask yourself how hardup are they to get a aging 29 DE?

You are clueless. There is going to be a bidding war for Peppers. We have to sign Gross. Then we franchise Peppers and start the auction. And don't forget that Peppers believes his best work is ahead of him. Several dumb GMs will actually believe that.

Posted

Panthers will get at least a 1st and a 3rd for Peppers, the Chiefs set the precedent for DE's last season by trading Allen for a 1st and 2 3rds, Peppers is a more well rounded Player but Allen is a lot younger(4 years).

Posted

that's all I'm saying...GMs know that Peppers want out of Charlotte. Period! Peppers is 29 years old. Jared Allen was 24. That's 80 (5 years X 16 games) more games played between the 2 players. It aint happening...

You are right.... KC was not under the gun to trade Allen and he made no trade demands.... Same with Mr. Dancing with the Stars.... neither player was crippling their team with 17 mil cap # along with publicly stating they did not want to play there anymore.... Teams will smell blood in the water and know that Hurney has his cards shown.... Had Peppers / Agent kept their mouths shut then teams would at least deal with more hesitation with Hurney under the impression that we would not mind keeping Peppers under the FT until a long term deal is done.... A GM will get Peppers cheap (2nd round) and look like a genius in the process when the real genius was Peppers and his agent for orchestrating this and hitting the team hard where it hurts (cap wise and trade wise).

Posted

You are right.... KC was not under the gun to trade Allen and he made no trade demands.... Same with Mr. Dancing with the Stars.... neither player was crippling their team with 17 mil cap # along with publicly stating they did not want to play there anymore.... Teams will smell blood in the water and know that Hurney has his cards shown.... Had Peppers / Agent kept their mouths shut then teams would at least deal with more hesitation with Hurney under the impression that we would not mind keeping Peppers under the FT until a long term deal is done.... A GM will get Peppers cheap (2nd round) and look like a genius in the process when the real genius was Peppers and his agent for orchestrating this and hitting the team hard where it hurts (cap wise and trade wise).

It was a shitty move by Pep and his Agent. We might just decide to make him stay till we get good value like we should but I doubt it.

Posted

It was a sh*tty move by Pep and his Agent. We might just decide to make him stay till we get good value like we should but I doubt it.

Marty Hurney although he looks like a drunken fool is not retarded.... Julius Peppers does not deserve Payton Manning money, I would consider it reckless if this team kept him for 17 mil because they could not find a suitable trade partner.

Posted

Bingo!

I keep reading that once Peppers is traded the Panthers can another big time FA...with what?

Posted

so when does the troll get banned?

only reason that crap is here is to gloat.

Posted

True, but other teams are under pressure by the mere fact that another team could grab him with a better deal. Now this porably wont get us two 1st, but Im positive we'll get atleast one 1st based on the fact I stated above.

Posted

True, but other teams are under pressure by the mere fact that another team could grab him with a better deal. Now this porably wont get us two 1st, but Im positive we'll get atleast one 1st based on the fact I stated above.

yea, no worry. we will get at the very least a 1st, but i think a first and a 3rd as well. there will be a bidding war, and we will reap the benefits.

very worst case scenario, we keep him with the tag one more season and he will be forced to have a good season, like this past season, in order to keep his stock up for a future big payday. I'm not a big fan ofthis, but it will get us another oppertunity to win the superbowl if we cant get a deal worked out

Posted

Whoever said JT didn't want out of Miami is an idiot, the guy was practically dying to get on a competitive team (funny how that worked out...but that's a different story). Peppers is a unique talent and every GM in this league knows it. the fact that this story came out that he wont play here again doesn't mean poo. these teams that want Pep and can afford the steep price he'll command are going to be lining up like it's a freaking auction. we will most assuredly get a first round pick for him and probably quite a bit more. to think otherwise is foolish and unrealistic.