Hayden, Neblett, Landri and Johnson

So, nobody then. Fabulous.

#47 The Tris

The Tris

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

Yeah right I wish, we wouldnt add Haynesworth even if the deadskins offered to pay his salary. We dont ever add impact players its to risque.:rolleyes:

Skins fan here, several hours ago, a reputable team insider on our board posted that the Panthers were "quietly shopping Steve Smith". This lead many of us to start checking up on other Panthers related news...

Lo and behold, you all released a starting DT today, and we have an highly disgrundled DT here in DC.

This has lead to rampant speculation by our board members that there is a Smith for Haynesworth trade in the works.

My two cents: I would love it, but not sure why yall would trade your sole WR at this juncture (though I think LaFell will be good long term).

EDIT: FYI, Haynesworth is only guarenteed $3.6MM in 2010, and $5.4MM in 2011, pretty reasonable contract at this point.

Edited by The Tris, 28 September 2010 - 04:14 PM.

#48 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

We dont take problem players.

#49 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

This is a horribly untalented roster. We need significant upgrades at every position except for running back and linebacker. I'm on Team BPA come April.

I disagree there. It's a talented, if young roster. The only position we seriously need an upgrade in is the one we've just released three players from.

#50 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

Skins fan here, several hours ago, a reputable team insider on our board posted that the Panthers were "quietly shopping Steve Smith". This lead many of us to start checking up on other Panthers related news...

Lo and behold, you all released a starting DT today, and we have an highly disgrundled DT here in DC.

This has lead to rampant speculation by our board members that there is a Smith for Haynesworth trade in the works.

My two cents: I would love it, but not sure why yall would trade your sole WR at this juncture (though I think LaFell will be good long term).

ohhhh poo I would hate it, might bring a tear to my eye but thanks for sparking some intrigue around here the forum is about to go f**kn NUTZZZ

EDIT: very reasonable because smith is getting I think 6mil this year alone

#51 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

Yeah I remember the insider info from one of Pepper's relatives who lived in DC about how he was going to go there last offseason. We see how that worked out. Don't know why we would pick up Haynesworth for Smith given we dumped all our veterans. It isn't like Haynesworth would be quiet and content here either. Who wants to play for us???

Thanks for the heads up.

#52 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

i imagine Neblett or Irvin comes up off the PS. who replaces them?

#53 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,300 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:25 PM

neblett's already on the roster

#54 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,549 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

This maybe as simple of a move as just getting a young DT some playing time.

#55 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:33 PM

neblett's already on the roster

duh, you're right. so this means he'll likely be one of the active 45 from now on.

#56 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

No one takes the spot and Jerry saves a little more money

#57 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

EDIT: FYI, Haynesworth is only guarenteed $3.6MM in 2010, and $5.4MM in 2011, pretty reasonable contract at this point.

Geez,

Smitty, Galloway, and Moss

Return of the Smurfs

#58 The Tris

The Tris

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:43 PM

It isn't like Haynesworth would be quiet and content here either. Who wants to play for us???

Thanks for the heads up.

From my limited experience with AH, he could care less about wins and losses, he cares about being able to rush the passer, pile up stats, and personal recognition. He'll play hard, but he'll play hard for himself. And I think a John Fox D suits his style of play.

Again, I doubt this happens, but just thought I'd pass along what I have heard.

#59 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

Any idea if we're bringing someone up off the PS or signing someone else? This doesn't make sense by itself, Leonard actually stood out to me in a good way against the Bengals. I remember him running down field and making a tackle almost 10 yards downfield...

Same question here. I was actually impressed with him on several plays against the Bengals. This came as a little bit of a surprise to me

#60 tvandenberg

tvandenberg

Ignorant Bastard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

So we paid him $1.684M for 2 games and 2 tackles....Now we cant even find out how to be cheap.:o

He way making Peppers kind of money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com