Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

methodtoll

Be in JR and Hurney's shoes for a minute....

43 posts in this topic

bet you Zod's next paycheck you don't hire a brotha for an HC!

how many have the saints hired?

I'd also like for them to take a look at bringing in Mike Miller from the Cardinals(maybe as the offensive coordinator?) He's their current passing game coordinator, and was their wide receiver coach. He's worked with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, etc... maybe he could finally help our WR situation.

Miller_Mike.jpg

Promoted to passing game coordinator on 2/18/09 after working as wide receivers coach with the Cardinals for two seasons (2007-08).

Helped tutor wide receivers Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald for the past three seasons. The duo combined for four Pro Bowl selections since 2007.

In 2008, three of Miller’s players went over 1,000 receiving yards (Fitzgerald-1,431, Boldin-1,038, Breaston-1,006) for the first time in team history and only the fifth time in NFL history.

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches/mike-miller/4aad07c2-29d2-446e-9e69-024bd27b81e9

interesting choice. better OC than HC imo

how many have the saints hired?

ain't about us, we've been perfectly non discriminatory in our hiring practices! :rolleyes:

was a joke Rayzor...easy killa

Head Coach: Leslie Frazier (specializes in defensive backfield, has been a top coaching candidate for years)

Offensive Coordinator: Tom Clements (Packers QB coach, while QB coach for the Chiefs in 2000 Elvis Grbac made the pro bowl, while QB coach for the Steelers Kordell Stewart made the pro bowl in 2001 and Tommy Maddux made the pro bowl in 2002, was OC for the Bills for a year but their coach was fired so he left too, in 2006 he was hired by the Packers and has drafted and developed Aaron Rodgers)

Defensive Coordinator: Karl Dunbar (Vikings DL coach, also worked with the Bears and LSU)

1 person likes this

Seifert was given a five year, 15 million dollar contract in 1999. I couldn't find exact figures for 1999, but currently the average NFL head coach's salary is 3.25 million. Fox is making something like $6 million for this season because Hurney and Richardson wouldn't renegotiate and extend his contract.

Why does everyone assume that Richardson won't spend money on a coach? If you get a great coach and good players, you'll be more successful than if you have a few great players and an average coach. It's the best place to spend big bucks, and the big cat knows it.

I think JR will have an influence but ultimently the decission will be Hurny's. So I don't see Hurny going with Cowher. But Hurny would still want to make a choice that JR would be happy with. Marty Schottenheimer is probably high on JR wish list IMO but again I think Hurny would try to stay away from these types of coaches who would come in wanting a lot of power and say in operations. That along with Hurny's recent comments showing an intrest in improving the offense I see him going with Brian Schottenheimer. I could even see Marty Schottenheimer coming to the organization as an advisor in some role.

Brian Schottenheimer would then probably use his and his father's vast connections in the NFL to bring in his coaching staff. Here's what I think the coaching staff might look like.

Head Coach: Brian Schottenheimer

Assistent Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator: Al Saunders

Defensive Coordinator: Joe Barry (current LB coach at USC, former DC with Lions and LB coach with TB Bucs)

Special Teams Coordinator: Ben Kotwica (current Assistant ST coach NYJ)

Jim Harbaugh.

Good coaching lines and pedigree. Significant experience as both a player and a coach. Able to bring the most out of his players and build successful programs out of very little. Very aggressive and relentless coaching style that transfers to his players. Experience working with such young players would be very beneficial in working with a team this young. Very energetic. Good offensive mind and is able to surround himself with the right assistant coaches. Harbaugh is the main playcaller on offense but calls it a "5 man job" referring to the other coaches on offense.

Bringing with him as OC, Jim Zorn. This would mainly be to help with the growth of Jimmy Clausen filling a role similar to McCoy in Denver. Zorn had great success as a QB in his own right and has done well working with other QBs as a QB coach. His job will be in helping get the offense ready for the games and coordinating efforts, not as the chief play caller or architect of the offense. Harbaugh will be the main signal caller and the coaches, along with Clausen, will be responsible for designing the offense and gameplanning.

On defense, every effort would be made to keep Meeks and the rest of his staff.

ain't about us, we've been perfectly non discriminatory in our hiring practices! :rolleyes:

was a joke Rayzor...easy killa

joke or not, crap like that usually ends up turning perfectly good threads into racial pissing matches. seriously needs to be done somewhere else.

J

He won't choose an old guy, or someone who's been a head coach already. So if you were worried about Henning, you can relax now.

He won't choose Davidson either. Whoever gets the nod will know how to work with their QB, not against him.

So with all that said, my top predictions are:

Mike McCoy - Denver. Was the QB coach in Carolina and very well liked (Gannt would say he's the front-runner). His team is leading the league in passing, with Kyle Orton throwing the ball. That says it all right there.

Cam Cameron - Ravens. Loves the smashmouth game, manages his players well, and has gone from managing a rookie to winning with talent.

Jason Garrett - Cowboys. Probably the most like Sean Payton out there. This will only happen if Phillips is miraculously re-signed. Word is that he's the heir apparent in Dallas.

Tom Moore - Colts. Moore knows how to work with a franchise QB and he adapts well to personnel issues. He would work well with Clausen under center.

Mike Mularkey - Falcons. Is there a more average offensive line in the league? Mularkey gets a lot out of it, and has kept the offense moving when different elements are playing poorly.

Kyle Shanahan - Redskins. Looks to be every bit the offensive mind his father is. He brought the Texans offense to the top of the league when he was there.

Mike McCoy - Denver. Was the QB coach in Carolina and very well liked (Gannt would say he's the front-runner). His team is leading the league in passing, with Kyle Orton throwing the ball. That says it all right there.

Mike McCoy - Denver.

Mike McCoy

Beavisnotwant.jpg

joke or not, crap like that usually ends up turning perfectly good threads into racial pissing matches. seriously needs to be done somewhere else.

dude lighten up, why so tightly wound?

Beavisnotwant.jpg
x2

Seifert was given a five year, 15 million dollar contract in 1999. I couldn't find exact figures for 1999, but currently the average NFL head coach's salary is 3.25 million. Fox is making something like $6 million for this season because Hurney and Richardson wouldn't renegotiate and extend his contract.

Why does everyone assume that Richardson won't spend money on a coach? If you get a great coach and good players, you'll be more successful than if you have a few great players and an average coach. It's the best place to spend big bucks, and the big cat knows it.

Probably because somewhere I read by Gantt or Sorenson (someone locally who professed knowledge of the system) that Richardson wasn't going to retain him because they didn't want to pay him what he was asking money wise for an extension. And no I don't have time to search for a link or argue back and forth. But from what I have read, consistent winning was an issue but money also factored into it as well. He could easily get a coordinator like McDermott for 2 or 3 million a year just like they started out with Fox.