Photo
- - - - -

Be in JR and Hurney's shoes for a minute....

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

yeah I can see Meeks getting interviewed and possibly hired. I wonder if he'd keep the current staff together or hire a new offensive coordinator/etc.

people just need to get the idea of Cowher coming here out of their heads. Cowher is in the 'elite' category and will be paid 'elite' money. Shanahan just got a $35 million dollar contract from the Redskins. do people really think JR is going to give Cowher that kind of money? not going to happen.

#17 Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*

Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

bet you Zod's next paycheck you don't hire a brotha for an HC!

#18 Jbro

Jbro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,538 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

Tom Moore - Colts. Moore knows how to work with a franchise QB and he adapts well to personnel issues. He would work well with Clausen under center.

I would be worried about this one, is the offense because of Moore or because of Manning? I think Manning might be making him look better then what he is.

#19 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

Russ Grimm will be the next head coach. Has lots of Fox like qualities and is from both the steeler tree and Redskin tree.

DC is a toss up, not sure about.

OC, Norv Turner after he is fired in San Diego this year.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

cameron and mularky were already failed head coaches.

cameron was the HC of the '07 dolphins (remember that team? yikes!)
mularky was the HC of the bills. not a really pretty sight.

both cases of being much better coordinators than HCs.

mccoy is a figurehead in denver. it's mckid's offensive show. i would not be a fan of his being named head coach here at all.

#21 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

Tom Moore chews gum harder than john fox, and hes old as dirt...next!

#22 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

I think Fox will be retained after this season.

#23 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:54 PM

I'd also like for them to take a look at bringing in Mike Miller from the Cardinals(maybe as the offensive coordinator?) He's their current passing game coordinator, and was their wide receiver coach. He's worked with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, etc... maybe he could finally help our WR situation.

#24 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

I think Fox will be retained after this season.

$$$$ <---all you need to know

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

bet you Zod's next paycheck you don't hire a brotha for an HC!

how many have the saints hired?

#26 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

I'd also like for them to take a look at bringing in Mike Miller from the Cardinals(maybe as the offensive coordinator?) He's their current passing game coordinator, and was their wide receiver coach. He's worked with Fitzgerald, Boldin, Breaston, etc... maybe he could finally help our WR situation.

Posted Image

Promoted to passing game coordinator on 2/18/09 after working as wide receivers coach with the Cardinals for two seasons (2007-08).
Helped tutor wide receivers Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald for the past three seasons. The duo combined for four Pro Bowl selections since 2007.
In 2008, three of Miller’s players went over 1,000 receiving yards (Fitzgerald-1,431, Boldin-1,038, Breaston-1,006) for the first time in team history and only the fifth time in NFL history.

http://www.azcardina...69-024bd27b81e9

interesting choice. better OC than HC imo

#27 Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*

Guest_DrewBreesIsGod_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:01 PM

how many have the saints hired?

ain't about us, we've been perfectly non discriminatory in our hiring practices! :rolleyes:

was a joke Rayzor...easy killa

#28 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:11 PM

Head Coach: Leslie Frazier (specializes in defensive backfield, has been a top coaching candidate for years)
Offensive Coordinator: Tom Clements (Packers QB coach, while QB coach for the Chiefs in 2000 Elvis Grbac made the pro bowl, while QB coach for the Steelers Kordell Stewart made the pro bowl in 2001 and Tommy Maddux made the pro bowl in 2002, was OC for the Bills for a year but their coach was fired so he left too, in 2006 he was hired by the Packers and has drafted and developed Aaron Rodgers)
Defensive Coordinator: Karl Dunbar (Vikings DL coach, also worked with the Bears and LSU)

Edited by ZedLeppelin, 29 September 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#29 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,673 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

Seifert was given a five year, 15 million dollar contract in 1999. I couldn't find exact figures for 1999, but currently the average NFL head coach's salary is 3.25 million. Fox is making something like $6 million for this season because Hurney and Richardson wouldn't renegotiate and extend his contract.

Why does everyone assume that Richardson won't spend money on a coach? If you get a great coach and good players, you'll be more successful than if you have a few great players and an average coach. It's the best place to spend big bucks, and the big cat knows it.

#30 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

I think JR will have an influence but ultimently the decission will be Hurny's. So I don't see Hurny going with Cowher. But Hurny would still want to make a choice that JR would be happy with. Marty Schottenheimer is probably high on JR wish list IMO but again I think Hurny would try to stay away from these types of coaches who would come in wanting a lot of power and say in operations. That along with Hurny's recent comments showing an intrest in improving the offense I see him going with Brian Schottenheimer. I could even see Marty Schottenheimer coming to the organization as an advisor in some role.

Brian Schottenheimer would then probably use his and his father's vast connections in the NFL to bring in his coaching staff. Here's what I think the coaching staff might look like.

Head Coach: Brian Schottenheimer
Assistent Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator: Al Saunders
Defensive Coordinator: Joe Barry (current LB coach at USC, former DC with Lions and LB coach with TB Bucs)
Special Teams Coordinator: Ben Kotwica (current Assistant ST coach NYJ)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com