• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 2 x C

2 x C

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

Look at the players Carolina has let go over the years and how they have done with other teams. Our WR's Drew Carter and Kerry Colbert were non-effective with their new teams. Deshaun Foster did nothing in San Fran and we relied on him for years. Ricky Manning Jr -- nothing. Morgan--nothing. Kris Jenkins--still injury prone and only played good 1/2 season.

Will Witherspoon was the exception. Everyone says we have all this talent but we have also done well with sub-par talent. Remember Tikki Barber and the Giants. HAHAHA So Peppers wants to leave-- so let him go and hope we get something in Return. Don't expect a 1st rounder and be happy with an early 2nd round pick if we get it.

Improve the Secondary scheme, Get more WR's involved, get a stud Defensive Lineman and we are set. We will have one of the top 4 offensive lines next year.

The panthers are a few tweaks from becoming another SB contender.

#2 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,846 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

i feel the premise of this thread is left unsupported by the facts and evidence you provide

#3 Rock_Steady

Rock_Steady

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

Kerry Collins, Tyrone Poole, Jovan Haye, and that fullback we used to have that left us for Denver (can't remember name right now, but he was good).

#4 2 x C

2 x C

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Tank Johnson bring him in. We need some guys with some character issues to put a "mean streak" in the D

#5 BigCat#1

BigCat#1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

howard griffith is the guys name i think

#6 2 x C

2 x C

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

Oh Eric Shelton was another one

#7 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

Look at the players Carolina has let go over the years and how they have done with other teams. Our WR's Drew Carter and Kerry Colbert were non-effective with their new teams. Deshaun Foster did nothing in San Fran and we relied on him for years. Ricky Manning Jr -- nothing. Morgan--nothing. Kris Jenkins--still injury prone and only played good 1/2 season.

Will Witherspoon was the exception. Everyone says we have all this talent but we have also done well with sub-par talent. Remember Tikki Barber and the Giants. HAHAHA So Peppers wants to leave-- so let him go and hope we get something in Return. Don't expect a 1st rounder and be happy with an early 2nd round pick if we get it.

Improve the Secondary scheme, Get more WR's involved, get a stud Defensive Lineman and we are set. We will have one of the top 4 offensive lines next year.

The panthers are a few tweaks from becoming another SB contender.

No...I will not be happy with that. Not for the potential highest paid defender in the league. His salary equals his worth and he will be very highly compensated and I expect that the Panthers should be as well...

#8 #1PantherFan

#1PantherFan

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

Peppers is not worth the money I would much rather have a player that can win us games peppers did not win us any games. Even if he has one sack a game that is not worth the money we need a DB instead who can be a factor on almost every play

#9 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:50 AM

seeing how jake has been playing i could see why drew carter didn't explode,but he still should be on the roster,but everyone except him i agree with

#10 STIFFPAWED

STIFFPAWED

Streakin The Quad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:53 AM

Tank Johnson bring him in. We need some guys with some character issues to put a "mean streak" in the D

That's worked really well for Dallas And Oakland!

#11 Russell

Russell

Stop the bleeding.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:55 AM

Peppers is not worth the money I would much rather have a player that can win us games peppers did not win us any games. Even if he has one sack a game that is not worth the money we need a DB instead who can be a factor on almost every play

I don't know why people don't understand that if you don't have the scheme it doesn't matter who you bring in it won't matter. I don't care if we have Champ Bailey and Asante Samuel on our squad. If the Dline is not getting a consistent pass rush, that coupled with a weak defensive scheme, Oh can't forget that our corners our playing at least...at least 7-10 yds off WR's because of the zone coverage; no corner will strive in our system. It's not our corners people, it's our philosophy.

#12 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • 3,803 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:00 AM

If Pep does walk (and he will) I would love even more to see the Panthers make it to the Super Bowl and whatever team he lands on doesn't even make the playoffs ;)

#13 Rock_Steady

Rock_Steady

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:26 AM

howard griffith is the guys name i think

Yeah, that's the guy.

#14 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

I don't know why people don't understand that if you don't have the scheme it doesn't matter who you bring in it won't matter. I don't care if we have Champ Bailey and Asante Samuel on our squad. If the Dline is not getting a consistent pass rush, that coupled with a weak defensive scheme, Oh can't forget that our corners our playing at least...at least 7-10 yds off WR's because of the zone coverage; no corner will strive in our system. It's not our corners people, it's our philosophy.

:iagree:

let me help you out here bud and give you a prime example........San Diego Chargers.case closed.

it's funny how a guy as classy as peppers is disrespect after comming out like a man an deciding to leave.

#15 Russell

Russell

Stop the bleeding.

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:07 PM

:iagree:

let me help you out here bud and give you a prime example........San Diego Chargers.case cloed

:yesnod:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.