Photo
- - - - -

Ugh ohhhhhh

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#46 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:56 AM

Come one guys, you can not be serious.

College QB rating is ridiculous, but alright.

If you guys would rather have the ball in Yates hand than Wilson's then I believe it reflects how much objective football knowledge you have.

All you have to do is watch the games.

4-1>2-2

Edited by BruceBrewski, 03 October 2010 - 10:59 AM.

#47 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:59 AM

Come one guys, you can not be serious.

Try not to be blind Bruce. :rolleyes:

#48 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

Alright, its not like I am gonna change you guy's 'subjective' minds, so lets forget this debate because its Sunday and not Saturday, so lets just pray for a good panthers showing.

#49 monstercat

monstercat

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

Yates is not better than RW, but he is certainly proving a lot of doubters wrong so far. I'm happy for the guy. He never deserved to get booed like he did, because it wasn't just him last year...those young and inexperienced WR's and all those injuries to the O-line hurt that offense as much as anything last year.

Speaking of the O-line...I like this group a LOT. James Hurst, in particular, is playing way beyond his experience level. That kid is living up to all 5 of those stars by his name, and then some.

#50 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:20 PM

^^^I agree... I always thought heels fans were waaaaayyy to hard on Yates.

#51 iamcline

iamcline

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

Alright, its not like I am gonna change you guy's 'subjective' minds, so lets forget this debate because its Sunday and not Saturday, so lets just pray for a good panthers showing.

Interesting, you want to put records on the QBs? Ok then let's do it. T.J. Yates put up 400 yards on LSU and Patrick Peterson. Russel Wilson threw the game away against Virginia Tech and barely got your boys by UCF. So until T.J. throws a multiple picks that take the Heels out of contention for a win this year...I'll take him.

You forget football is a "What have you done for me lately?" sport...and here lately T.J. Yates is on fire so I'll take my chances with him over a guy who is playing good enough to be above average at best. Should the UNC defense have remembered how to tackle the first two weeks, Carolina would be an easy 4-0. Don't get it twisted. Yates carried the team and kept them in games the first two weeks when the run game was non-existent.

#52 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:25 PM

Even if we completely lose our football program we'd still be better than App State.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Looks like you may actually get to test your dumb hypothesis.

#53 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

umm yeah.....

http://sports.espn.g...er_espn_5646243

:leaving:

#54 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

UNC is screwed. The NCAA is going to make us an example. We are so fuged

#55 iamcline

iamcline

HUDDLER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:17 PM

UNC is screwed. The NCAA is going to make us an example. We are so fuged

They aren't going to ban our football program, but I would expect some kind of discipline that is huge. Probably a USC style penalty plus a fine.

#56 Dilla

Dilla

Mad Decent

SUPPORTER

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:55 PM

Scholarship loses and wins taken away due to Cam Thomas are pretty much expected from me. Not that it matters, since UNC hasn't done anything significant with those wins (no conference titles, no bowl wins, etc.).

I'm hoping that they avoid future bowl bans, but after seeing what they did to USC. . . let me just say I'm hoping more 2007 Florida State over Reggie Bush.

#57 chbright

chbright

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:13 AM

Nothing at all "retarded" about a QB with a rating of 152.1 being better than one who has a rating of 140.3 and Yates doesn't have his top threat.

if we go by ratings tyrod taylor was the top qb in the acc last year and so far this year is again the best in the acc. as a hokie fan i admit that he isnt in the top 2 likely 3rd at best as a passer, but hey the passer rating people love to throw out there is the best. best passer rating doesnt equal best qb.

as for the subject at hand, hate that it happened to an acc school. that said, examples have been made with usc, and if the ncaa wants really strike fear in the rest of the programs, dont make usc the lone example. punish everyone hard so no one wants to ever get caught with a staff member doing this. SMU levels, doubtful but usc level (aka 1 or 2 years) should be the punishment (unless its alot worse than it currently seams).

as for those suggesting that butch must know everything, get a clue. the players cannot be watched by the coach 24/7. he doesnt know everything that the kids do. and if blake was as compotent as it sounds (at keeping this under the radar for a while), then its no surprise that butch didnt know this was going on. that said player have buddies that likely knew and kept their mouths shut instead of nipping this poo in the bud. unfortunate that 2 to 5 (overestimate on my part with all the crazy susppensions handed out) bad apples can kill the program for a few years.

#58 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

this is pathetic... and Bruce you are always there to back me up. ASU!