• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:30 AM

i am a christian and never tried to convert somebody thats a j witness type of thing.

#17 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

I'm a Christian as well and have had many, many Christians try to "convert" me because they don't feel like I'm the right kind. All depends on the Christian. I just keep my mouth shut.

#18 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:41 AM

I'm a Christian as well and have had many, many Christians try to "convert" me because they don't feel like I'm the right kind. All depends on the Christian. I just keep my mouth shut.

so what kind of christian are you?

#19 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:46 AM

i am a christian and never tried to convert somebody thats a j witness type of thing.

Best way to disciple to people is to live by example. It's easy for a person to tell another person what THEY think they should do in their lives. Until you yourself live by what you preach, your word is totally useless (especially when trying to get people into Christianity). As Christians we should do our best to lead people to church, but there's a point to where you have to let people make their own decisions. You can bring someone to church every Sunday, to sit there for a couple hours, but that doesn't mean anything until you completely live for God (and I think this example is true for a lot of people, unfortunately).

#20 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,104 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:53 AM

So God made you to....live for Him completely? Kind of narcissistic of Him, don't you think?

#21 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:19 AM

I don't care what anyone says, we're all "sinners" in some form, and nobody's holier than anyone...

#22 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,870 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:23 AM

I don't care what anyone says, we're all "sinners" in some form, and nobody's holier than anyone...

Well said muthaf*cka.

#23 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

If you think about it, Christianity and Islam are more alike than any of the other religions. They are the only two that demand you go out and recruit people in to them.

Judaism, Hindu, Buddhism all would be fine with everyone believing what they want to believe without trying to change people's minds.

Judaism?? I wouldn't put Judaism in the same boat as Hindu and Buddhism as far as being passive about what people believe...

#24 Freeze

Freeze

????

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:31 AM

As a Christian, I couldn't agree any more. It's easy to forget that sometimes.

#25 RockECU

RockECU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all worship the God of Abraham, so in essence, they should be similar...

You must've never met any hardcore Jews.. They are just the same as the Christians and Muslims you mentioned...

Jews do not worship any prophets like the other 2, nor do they believe in hell.

And define "hardcore" Jews. I've never seen any on the corner trying to hand me a torah or come to my doorstep (or anybody else's) to try and preach the talmud.

And it seems that a Jew forced you into bankruptcy, fuged you up on a medical procedure, and sued you?

#26 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:27 AM

Jews do not worship any prophets like the other 2, nor do they believe in hell.

And define "hardcore" Jews. I've never seen any on the corner trying to hand me a torah or come to my doorstep (or anybody else's) to try and preach the talmud.

And it seems that a Jew forced you into bankruptcy, f*cked you up on a medical procedure, and sued you?

lol I was just kidding bro, but they are Abrahamic, and thus, very set in their ways being the only ways...

the part about bankers, doctors, and lawyers was a joke...

Jews are basically a bit behind the other two religions, in that they are still waiting on their Messiah...

#27 Towelboy

Towelboy

day late & a dollar short

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationCatawba, SC

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:31 AM

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." —Aristotle.

#28 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:41 AM

Jews are basically a bit behind the other two religions, in that they are still waiting on their Messiah...

Not really.

Modern day Jews see their dogma for what it is, a collection of stories put together by an ancient people handed down throughout the ages. They don't believe in hell, many do not believe in heaven.

#29 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:43 AM

I know.. They believe in MONEY!

damn this anti-semitism is eating me up inside!

#30 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:44 AM

and you don't?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com