• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 va panther fan 00

va panther fan 00

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

Getting ready to purchase PSLs how is the best way to go about parking?

#2 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:44 PM

Definitely just pay each game. Don't pay upfront for a lot you may not like and if for some reason at the last minute you can't make it you've already paid for parking you won't use.

#3 va panther fan 00

va panther fan 00

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

Where are the best places to park then? What can you expect to pay each game?

#4 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:08 AM

I always liked paying for season parking, but before I did, I scoped out the lot. What was important to me was easy in, easy out. By prepaying, I got a price break on what the game day people paid and I never had to worry about not having a spot. This was the first year I haven't done it since the team began that I didn't buy season parking because I had decided to give light rail a chance. In the end, I nixed that because I just walk a little further and park for free.

If you are interested in season parking - some of the big lot operators in town is Preferred Parking, Central Parking, West Parking, I think there's another but the name escapes me.

Because you are not local, I don't think I'd go the season parking route yet because you won't know where the lots are. You won't have trouble finding parking (I recommend you check out some of those lot operators in advance so you can see where some lots are in relation to the stadium and what you may expect to pay per game), and like mush said, you won't be locked into a lot you don't like. Then if you find a lot you like and you think you might want to go the season parking route, you can try to get that lot the following year.

#5 mush

mush

Tailgate Czar

• Moderators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

yeah, when you pay for season parking, you get no discount as I'm aware of, and if for some reason you can't make even one game there is no refund and you just lose your $$$$$$$. So why would you pay a season forward when there is no discount, they hold your money all season, and if you can't make a game you get no refund?

You can always find parking close by if you want because in theory these lots rarely fill up. The lot we tailgated in was full early but you could literally go across the street and park up until kickoff for the same price or less.

#6 Go To Girl

Go To Girl

Huddle Mom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

I got a discount from my preferred parking lot when I had it. It amounted to $5 off per game from what game day people paid. I got it by being a repeat customer - if I paid my invoice by a certain date, I got it.

If you're a tailgater who arrives early, it's not really necessary. We went for 7 or 8 years without tailgating and I liked being able to get to my lot at 12:15 and not have to worry about there not being parking. And in certain exclusive season parking lots, there are perks. My first lot was fenced with a police officer patrolling it. They did not pack you in like sardines - the spacing would have been the equivalent of the lot that the huddle using on parking cars on every other row. While you were in the game, they'd take out your trash and empty your coals after they cooled. That was a real nice lot.

Edited by Go To Girl, 19 January 2009 - 04:58 AM.

#7 va panther fan 00

va panther fan 00

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:35 AM

I'm just looking for a lot that I can get there pretty early and tailgate with friendly people and make a lot of memories, but also not overpay for parking.

#8 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

I used to do season parking. I stopped when they went to $300. We only park about 6 times a year. When we spend the night we just walk to the game. There is a deck accross trade that was only $5 a game this year.

On this map, from the stadium, go up Graham to Trade. Take a left, the deck is just past the train tracks on the right.

http://www.mapquest....t&zipcode=28202

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.