Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

QB Coach Replacement

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Would be nice to get a guy who could actually help Moore along. Better yet he could help Delhomme improve his game, maybe tell him to spread the ball around some more.

Posted

Would be nice to get a guy who could actually help Moore along. Better yet he could help Delhomme improve his game, maybe tell him to spread the ball around some more.

Or better yet, we actually runs plays for others

Jake hasn't the spread the ball around since week 1 against the Chargers

Posted

A push for Derek Anderson? :cool::cool:

Posted

Finally, good news.

Derek Anderson!

Posted

I like the change as I was never really sold on McCoy.

As for Rip via wikipedia:

Rip Scherer is the quarterback coach and recently promoted assistant head coach for the NFL's Cleveland Browns. He previously served as offensive coordinator for the Southern Miss Golden Eagles, the offensive coordinator for the Kansas Jayhawks, the head coach of the Memphis Tigers, the head coach of the James Madison Dukes, the offensive coordinator of the Arizona Wildcats, the offensive coordinator of the Alabama Crimson Tide, the quarterbacks coach/offensive coordinator of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, the quarterbacks coach of the Virginia Cavaliers, the running backs coach of the Hawaii Warriors, and the quarterbacks coach of the NC State Wolfpack. He started his coaching profession at Penn State in 1974

Rip Scherer is the cousin of Kevin Colbert, Vice President of Football Operations for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is also the Son of longtime Pittsburgh area High School Coach Rip Scherer Senior and the Nephew of former Pitt End Dick Scherer.

Posted

McCoy was a bad coach. What young QB did he ever groom into respectability?

Good riddance

Posted

Rip....good name for a coach.

I agree...he has to be an improvement.

Posted

I bet this means we're going after Derek Anderson

I certainly hope not!

Posted

of course we arn't going for anderson, we are going after quinn duh.

Posted

Wow, that's really good to hear. Hopefully, he can help Delhomme out with his mechanics and footwork to make some accurate throws, and teach the young-uns a thing or two about a thing or two.

I'm less concerned with what he can do with Delhomme. The man is in his mid 30s. What you see is what you get. What I want this Rip Scherer character to do is develop Matt Moore

Posted

not a bad pick, but that's about enough browns coaching staff please.

Posted

not a bad pick, but that's about enough browns coaching staff please.

Our OC came from the Browns too, and he's done well enough (last game aside).

As someone else joked though, I'd steer clear of their receivers coach (too many drops).