34 replies to this topic

#1 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,752 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

Just caught the Panthers vs Saints segment on NFC Playbook and they heaped praise on Godfrey for his play this season.

Not only that, but Shannon Sharpe went so far as to say the Panthers would be in much better with 22 Charles Godfrey's on the field.

He has progressed nicely, but if I could have 22 of any one player if wou, hands down, be Beason.

With that said, despite Shannon, Brian and Joe all picking the Saints to win it's nice to see one of our guys getting good press.

#2 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Haven't you heard? He is easily the worst safety in the league.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,752 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:32 AM

I've been told by the experts here.

#4 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

All I know is that his ratings in Madden have gone up from a 70 to an 82... sure is helping my backfield.

#5 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

He played horribly in the first game and was out of position quite a bit, but has been pretty good since then.

#6 slideez

slideez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

i called this weeks ago and was called crazy

Posted Image

i said i was called crazy

Posted Image

crazy

Posted Image

hooray for me

#7 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,359 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

Just caught the Panthers vs Saints segment on NFC Playbook and they heaped praise on Godfrey for his play this season.

Not only that, but Shannon Sharpe went so far as to say the Panthers would be in much better with 22 Charles Godfrey's on the field.

He has progressed nicely, but if I could have 22 of any one player if wou, hands down, be Beason.

With that said, despite Shannon, Brian and Joe all picking the Saints to win it's nice to see one of our guys getting good press.

classic example of the network guys never watching Carolina play......picking up the stat sheet and just making assumptions off of it. Good couldn't be a word to describe Godfrey's play week 1 and week 2.

Godfrey has shown zero pregression in handling coverage assignments. He capatilizes on oppoenents mistakes. Which is good don't get me wrong.....but people are fooling themselves if they think his play overall has been good so far this season.

Hopefully he can continue to do the few things he does well.....and captilize on really bad throws. B/c there will be tons of balls targeting his responsibilites.

#8 slideez

slideez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:26 AM

classic example of the network guys never watching Carolina play......picking up the stat sheet and just making assumptions off of it. Good couldn't be a word to describe Godfrey's play week 1 and week 2.

Godfrey has shown zero pregression in handling coverage assignments. He capatilizes on oppoenents mistakes. Which is good don't get me wrong.....but people are fooling themselves if they think his play overall has been good so far this season.

Hopefully he can continue to do the few things he does well.....and captilize on really bad throws. B/c there will be tons of balls targeting his responsibilites.

get spell check installed on you cpu or

Posted Image

#9 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,526 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

You must be right - if someone disagrees, they must not bother watching games...

I don't really agree on this, because Godfrey has getting praised heaped on him by a ton of people, and I haven't seen him make all the mistakes people say he does.

EDIT: THIS season, that is. Also, it sometimes looks like safeties make mistakes when it is other players, too. Godfrey is by no means perfect and I would not want 22 of him playing, but yeah. I think he has improved nicely.

Edited by mav1234, 02 October 2010 - 11:50 AM.

#10 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

Well he did go to Iowa

#11 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

He played horribly in the first game and was out of position quite a bit, but has been pretty good since then.

Do you understand the concepts of defense???? Im not going to say he pulled a Troy P. but game one he played very well, yes he was out of position a few times but no person or safety can do it all except maybe troy. You cant knock him for one thing but when he does something exceptional ignore it. He caused two turnovers if our offense would have put up seven in either situation its a different story. You do realize they were on the field forever that poo wears you down. He is getting well deserved praises I hope he continues to play at a high level.

#12 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

Godfrey sux, Jarrett's failure is due to the QB's ignoring him, teams that run the ball alot never shift protection at the line and us not hiring Mike Singletary as HC was a huge mistake.

A few things I've learned on The Huddle.

#13 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

Do you understand the concepts of defense???? Im not going to say he pulled a Troy P. but game one he played very well, yes he was out of position a few times but no person or safety can do it all except maybe troy. You cant knock him for one thing but when he does something exceptional ignore it. He caused two turnovers if our offense would have put up seven in either situation its a different story. You do realize they were on the field forever that poo wears you down. He is getting well deserved praises I hope he continues to play at a high level.

Godfrey admitted he didn't play well. The first interception, he was 5 feet behind the receiver and the ball was tipped into his hands. The second one was tipped as well I believe. Overall he got abused in that game.

Not that he was the only one that played poorly.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 02 October 2010 - 12:28 PM.

#14 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,359 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

get spell check installed on you cpu or

Posted Image

sorry bud, I hope on this site while doing other stuff. I go for speed. If I hit a wrong key I am not going to bother correcting it always.

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,359 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

You must be right - if someone disagrees, they must not bother watching games...

I don't really agree on this, because Godfrey has getting praised heaped on him by a ton of people, and I haven't seen him make all the mistakes people say he does.

EDIT: THIS season, that is. Also, it sometimes looks like safeties make mistakes when it is other players, too. Godfrey is by no means perfect and I would not want 22 of him playing, but yeah. I think he has improved nicely.

week 1 and week 2. Go back and watch all the big plays in the opponents passing games.

Not sure how he has shown improvment. He does the same thing well this year he did last year. does the same bad things this year he did last year. I'd love to hear or someone point out examples of him showing he has a clue this year in coverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com