• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

Bama is a great team this year, but I would be hesitant to give them the championship this early. They struggled with Arkansas who tried to beat themselves. And they beat the crap out of a Florida team who beat themselves up all game. Alabama didn't look as good as the score last night indicates.

#32 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:49 PM

Bama is a great team this year, but I would be hesitant to give them the championship this early. They struggled with Arkansas who tried to beat themselves. And they beat the crap out of a Florida team who beat themselves up all game. Alabama didn't look as good as the score last night indicates.

Funny you say they "struggled" vs Arkansas.
Arkansas was a top 10 team / is ranked 11 now.

It's perfectly normal to get other teams best shot as the #1 ranked team. Plus Arkansas is legit and would smear Florida too.

poo I'd put them over Ohio ST as well.

Non of those non SEC teams in the top 10 would be able to play with Arkansas, Auburn or Alabama.

Seriously they got some Arizona in there and Oklahoma...

Please.

#33 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

Funny you say they "struggled" vs Arkansas.
Arkansas was a top 10 team / is ranked 11 now.

It's perfectly normal to get other teams best shot as the #1 ranked team. Plus Arkansas is legit and would smear Florida too.

poo I'd put them over Ohio ST as well.

Non of those non SEC teams in the top 10 would be able to play with Arkansas, Auburn or Alabama.

Seriously they got some Arizona in there and Oklahoma...

Please.

I don't disagree that Arkansas is a solid team, but I would not be slightly surprised if they dropped another game or two this year. And Arkansas tried to beat themselves that game. Mallet threw 3 terrible interceptions, including one in the endzone.

Florida got themselves into the red zone some 5 or 6 times without managing to score. Including Trey Burton's run where he was in, but the call was upheld.

Alabama is clearly one of the best teams in the nation, but let's slow down. We're only 5 games in.

#34 Bama Panther

Bama Panther

USAF JAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

Ohio,

Misread. My fault. Most people don't capitalize the "t" when abbreviating "St".

Edited by Bama Panther, 03 October 2010 - 07:51 PM.

#35 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

I don't disagree that Arkansas is a solid team, but I would not be slightly surprised if they dropped another game or two this year. And Arkansas tried to beat themselves that game. Mallet threw 3 terrible interceptions, including one in the endzone.

Florida got themselves into the red zone some 5 or 6 times without managing to score. Including Trey Burton's run where he was in, but the call was upheld.

Alabama is clearly one of the best teams in the nation, but let's slow down. We're only 5 games in.

Anything can happen in CFB, especially in the SEC I know.

And don't think I'm hating on Florida, my two brothers go there.

#36 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

Anything can happen in CFB, especially in the SEC I know.

And don't think I'm hating on Florida, my two brothers go there.

You are absolutely correct. I love CFB because anything can happen any given week. It's just amazing.

That's pretty cool your brothers go there. I love Gainesville. I'll be attending Law School there next Fall, I hope.

#37 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

You are absolutely correct. I love CFB because anything can happen any given week. It's just amazing.

That's pretty cool your brothers go there. I love Gainesville. I'll be attending Law School there next Fall, I hope.

Nice, GL with that.

My situation is very unique I'm sure.

My favorite team is South Carolina, my wife is an LSU grad, and my two brothers go to UF.

I am pretty much forced to root for them all depending on which week it is :willy_nilly:

#38 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:20 PM

Nice, GL with that.

My situation is very unique I'm sure.

My favorite team is South Carolina, my wife is an LSU grad, and my two brothers go to UF.

I am pretty much forced to root for them all depending on which week it is :willy_nilly:

:lol:

You certainly have some unique ties to the SEC right there.

#39 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:27 PM

:lol:

You certainly have some unique ties to the SEC right there.

Yea it was actually pretty cool we went to a few games during LSU's title runs. I was stationed at Barksdale AFB.

I really hate that state though, and it just adds to how much I dislike the Saints. I was there during Katrina and everything as well, and was sent to help out.

I really did start to like LSU, probably the only thing from LA worth a poo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com