Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting note on this year's defense

43 posts in this topic

Posted

In my opinion, Trgovac is the problem, but I accept (based on the premise of this thread) the possibility that Fox deserves more blame then he's getting.

I not only think that Fox isn't being held to an appropriate level of accountability, I think Hurney is also getting to much of a pass.

Posted

I not only think that Fox isn't being held to an appropriate level of accountability, I think Hurney is also getting to much of a pass.

IMO, the Peppers situation has nothing to do with Fox, Trgovac, Hurney or the scheme. I think Peppers got his feelings hurt back in 07 when JR called him out and sence then hasn't been the same. I think the whole talk about the scheme is just talk so that people will put blame on Fox and company and not on Peppers for bashing a very popular owner that is in ail heath.

Posted

From Gantt: Future for Panthers coaches up in the air

About midway through the article...

Putting 2 and 2 together, John Fox began paying more attention to the defense around mid-season.

And when did the defense start to decline?

Around the latter part of mid-season :confused5:

Thus, you can take two possible conclusions from this.

A) Fox's input wasn't helpful. Perhaps it was just "too many cooks spoil the broth" or maybe their ideas just didn't mesh well. For whatever reason, it didn't help and may, in fact, have hurt.

or

B) Trgovac was annoyed, resentful, nervous or some other adverse emotion because Fox was sticking his nose in for the second year in a row. These bad feelings affected his job performance in the latter half of the year.

Which of these sounds more plausible?

The defense started declining when the competition got harder.

...pretty simple, I think....I could certainly be wrong.

Posted

So we never had a good defense.................

Which warrants a change.

Posted

Yes absolutely.

At some point, replacing the coordinators requires replacing the coach.

The buck stops with him, yes?

Posted

I'm seriously about to run up in Richardson son house strapped and start shooting if Fox doesn't get fired

Posted

IMO, the defense started struggling in the Detroit game. So at least in that game, the competition wasn't better. But overall, I agree. The defense struggled in the last 6 games against better competition.