Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHat was Jeff Davidson F'ing thinking in the last few plays of the game?????

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry both runs were stupid as hell. We were trying to take time off the clock, because we were already assuming that we would get a FG there, instead of going for the jugular by passing, and making sure we would get in range, if not a TD. Stupid, stupid stupid.

With a rookie qb and our best reciever and best receiving running back hurt? Fox or Davidson or whomever called them made the right call. The players didn't execute, its as simple as that.

Posted

oh really, that fumble really cost you eh? Let's forget about a fumble at the one inch line or a fumble after a great run by ivory...keep it in perspective boy

The Saints fumbles were by great plays from the Panthers, such as when Martin plastered lil Moore, the Saints FR of course, came from the other teams carelessness. Been a year and counting the Stains win like that.

Posted

people will get there wish, fox davidson and likely meeks will get the ax for this season, but they were put in a box here by richardson and/or hurney with trusting a bunch of inexperianced wrs, qbs, and dl with no vet leadership (outside of smitty, who as a mentor i question at wr). do they need to go, imo yeah, davidson is in over his head and fox is out of time here (he needed to have a playoff season to stay, setup to fail but w/e).

:iagree: you just used a lot of word to get there. lol

Posted

That rookie QB had just kept the drive alive with great footwork and an even better pass.

Posted

That rookie QB had just kept the drive alive with great footwork and an even better pass.

Thats true, he made a great play on that pass. He also made a few bad plays, and got lucky a few times. Thats what happens with rookies. Its not relevant when talking about the next series of downs.

The strength of this team is running the ball. We had a good opportunity to run it, and we did. The oline didn't block well, and the rb gambled by bouncing outside. The gamble failed and then the line blocking on the next play was atrocious blocking.

Posted

Well the point I'm making is:

A. At some point, you're going to HAVE to put the game in Clausen's hands and see if he can win it for you.

B. I don't think that's the reason they were running to begin with. If we have Tom Brady back there, we still run the ball. We were trying to get down to like the 30 and make the field goal the last play of the game, rather than take a chance throwing the ball. It's classic Fox pussy conservative playcalling.

Posted

A. At some point, you're going to HAVE to put the game in Clausen's hands and see if he can win it for you.

B. I don't think that's the reason they were running to begin with. If we have Tom Brady back there, we still run the ball. We were trying to get down to like the 30 and make the field goal the last play of the game, rather than take a chance throwing the ball. It's classic Fox pussy conservative playcalling.

lol a 3 time superbowl champ, an mvp of the superbowl, and a season mvp i believe, would get the same playcalling as a rookie starting his second game. right.....................

also didnt the pats actually do what you are talking about with brady, get down into fg range instead of going for the td to win their 1st SB?

Posted

Actually, we did put the ball in Clausen's hands. And he did make some plays. The offensive line hosed him on third down, and he really didn't have a shot on fourth.

As far as calling the run, back in Foxes early years when we had a veteran offense and a QB he knew well and trusted, we ran the ball most of the time in those situations. Its a matter of putting the ball in the hands of your best playmakers, and with SS in the locker room, our best playmaker is Williams.

Posted

The Saints fumbles were by great plays from the Panthers, such as when Martin plastered lil Moore, the Saints FR of course, came from the other teams carelessness. Been a year and counting the Stains win like that.

funny how your fumbles are careless, but when you cause fumbles they are 'good plays'....wake up and take some objectivity pills

Posted

hahaha

Posted

funny how your fumbles are careless, but when you cause fumbles they are 'good plays'....wake up and take some objectivity pills

Well, in fairness we were trying to strip the ball when the Saints fumbled, while it looked like the guy that hit munnerlyn was blocked into him. That being said, a fumble is a fumble.

Posted

Our passing game sucked the whole game, we lost Smith, and have a rookie at QB at the Saints Dome. I can see why they would run it.

If you don't trust the player, don't put them on the field. Without timeouts that runs was not smart. We were getting stuffed often today. What about a screen or a slant. You knew they would play the run, due to us having a rookie in there. We need to stop being so predictable.