Photo
- - - - -

I don't think losing Smith for a week or three is that bad a thing.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#1 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,063 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:30 PM

First, this is based off an assumption, that being the Panthers are not going to compete this year.

Smith has been something of a distraction. I'm sure he doesn't go out there planning to sabotage the offense and bitch and moan as loud as possible, but he has a pretty negative attitude when things aren't going his way.

things aren't going to go his way this year.

We might as well just stick with throwing to gettis and lefell, hoping we can level them up a little more.

Smith clearly isn't interested in being a leader so we might as well just stick with the young guys. the last thing I want is smith constantly bitching at Jimmy while he adjusts to the pro game.

Plus gettis is p :cool:

#2 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,881 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

I agree rep coming.

Dangit got to spread it around first.

But you are correct. This will Help Clausen develop better without worrying about getting the ball to Smitty.

#3 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

Makes sense. good post sir

#4 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,339 posts

Jimmy hasn't been throwing to him anyway, so I don't even think it will hurt our offense as much as people think.

Plus, we can activate ARMANTI!!!!

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,221 posts

There can be positives. This year is all about next year anyways. Youth may well be served better in the future thru experience today.

#6 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 10,227 posts

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. Yea its going to suck because we aren't going to win as many games, but at least Lafell and Gettis will get some reps out there, at this point can we please just cut our losses and trade Jarrett for anything. Anything.

#7 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:33 PM

if we in deed have "thrown in the towel" already then yeah, losing smith wouldnt hurt, I mean once he was out of the game it seemed like we just shut down, even though he really didnt do poo at all, just him being on the field helps keep the D honest and without him it was a disaster, running 2 rookies that they obviously didnt respect

#8 Punisher

Punisher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

I've pretty much always felt this way. I feel like every time he went on a rant the other team knew that the ball was going to start coming his way, open or not. And it is like he doesn't realize that this organization bends over backwards as much as possible to get him the ball.

#9 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

Jimmy hasn't been throwing to him anyway, so I don't even think it will hurt our offense as much as people think.

Plus, we can activate ARMANTI!!!!

thats what im waiting to see:eek:

#10 trucpfan

trucpfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

Def agree I love him but he is acting like a bitch who the fug yells at your qb especially a rookie that poo isn't helping it's starting to get old. Let our third and next years second round pick (top five second round pick which would probably be a great player if we still had it) hit the field poo he needs reps

#11 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:37 PM

This was one of the things that entered my mind when Smitty was carted off. If anything, this lets Clausen build chemistry with all the young guys, some will step up (ie: Gettis).

I hope he gets better soon, but it could be a blessing in disguise.

#12 pantherfool

pantherfool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:46 PM

I'm excited to see what Gettis and Clausen can do with some more time. I'm liking what I see from them so far.

#13 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

With Smith down, we should be able to activate and play what will amount to our #33 pick.

May as well.

#14 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

As much as I hate Smitty being out, it can't hurt to remove a nagging voice from the ear of a rookie qb who has nothing positive to say.

#15 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:12 PM

This season is about practising for next season, and going 0-16 to get the highest possbible draft picks.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com