Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I don't think losing Smith for a week or three is that bad a thing.

72 posts in this topic

Posted

I remember when I first heard this -- during the offseason, when Smith broke his arm for the second time. It didn't make us a better team then, and it won't now.

Maybe Gettis or LaFell will benefit from it, but it certainly won't make us any better.

Posted

Sounds like a trade Smith thread

Posted

Wow, I can't believe so many people think this is okay. Things just got a lot harder for the offense.

Posted

At least the Steve Strade trade rumor threads should go away now.

Posted

i can see this and i really hope this is right. i just know that now there is going to be an extra defender roaming around making life difficult for the offense. as much potential as gettis has, he doesn't yet demand double coverage. we'll probably be seeing 9 and 10 coming into the box now and blitzes coming from more places than we ever thought possible.

i really hope this turns into a positive but until i see that actually happen, i'm going to be skeptical....at least for this year. down the road it might be ok but right now not so much.

Posted

Hate to say it but Smith has become dead weight.

That's right, if you are going to keep acting like a little bi&tch then I got no respect for you Smitty.

The guy has become a sideshow. A distraction. The guy has made clear he was in favor of Moore starting and took the week off when Clausen became the starter.

Then he yells at a rookie quarterback instead of teaching him.

I've been watching Jimmy Clausen for years and I've never seen him so hesitant.

With Smith out, hopefully he starts viewing this offense as "his" team. No more distractions. Time to get down business.

Posted

Smitty just doesn't seem to have any patience w/Jimmy. I agree for the most part.....but we really could have used him on that last drive. even if he wasn't getting the ball, the attention he gets could have helped on the final possession.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hmmm...what if defenses decide to roll coverage over to Gettis...:lol:

Sadly, we need either Jarrett, Lafell, or AE to step up. Not Gettis

Posted

Smitty just doesn't seem to have any patience w/Jimmy. I agree for the most part.....but we really could have used him on that last drive. even if he wasn't getting the ball, the attention he gets could have helped on the final possession.

At this piont the Panthers need to build for the future. Smith needs to make a decision. Either he needs to communicate to the brass that he wants out of Carolina to try and win a superbowl or he needs to decide that he is going to be a teacher. In other words, he needs to do what he is not doing today.

Posted

I don't see why Smitty is so short with Clausen, did he bring him some out of date cactus coolers or something?

Posted

I think a QB should be able to handle pressure and his team mates. If he cant then he will not do well. It looks to me that Jimmy told Smith that he was not going to force balls to Smith and Smith dose not like that. Jimmys response.... No balls to Smith. Say what you will but Clausen has to become the leader and that involves telling Smith to STFU sometimes.

Posted

now were turning on smith.....it's different when your on the outside looking in compared to actually be in smitty shoes.

and if he wants out are we gonna act like we did when peppers wanted out?