Photo
- - - - -

I don't think losing Smith for a week or three is that bad a thing.

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:44 PM

Smitty just doesn't seem to have any patience w/Jimmy. I agree for the most part.....but we really could have used him on that last drive. even if he wasn't getting the ball, the attention he gets could have helped on the final possession.

#32 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:45 PM

Hmmm...what if defenses decide to roll coverage over to Gettis...:lol:

Sadly, we need either Jarrett, Lafell, or AE to step up. Not Gettis

#33 Jpjr

Jpjr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

Smitty just doesn't seem to have any patience w/Jimmy. I agree for the most part.....but we really could have used him on that last drive. even if he wasn't getting the ball, the attention he gets could have helped on the final possession.

At this piont the Panthers need to build for the future. Smith needs to make a decision. Either he needs to communicate to the brass that he wants out of Carolina to try and win a superbowl or he needs to decide that he is going to be a teacher. In other words, he needs to do what he is not doing today.

#34 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

I don't see why Smitty is so short with Clausen, did he bring him some out of date cactus coolers or something?

#35 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,419 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

I think a QB should be able to handle pressure and his team mates. If he cant then he will not do well. It looks to me that Jimmy told Smith that he was not going to force balls to Smith and Smith dose not like that. Jimmys response.... No balls to Smith. Say what you will but Clausen has to become the leader and that involves telling Smith to STFU sometimes.

#36 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:09 PM

now were turning on smith.....it's different when your on the outside looking in compared to actually be in smitty shoes.

and if he wants out are we gonna act like we did when peppers wanted out?

#37 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,588 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

we could just take it to the next level and bench vets here and there week to week during the season. Could be a good idea. This season is fuged either way. bench all of em, start our young players, hire people to incite riots at the stadium, and get a new mascot, not necessarily in that order.

#38 RonnieDobbs

RonnieDobbs

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:18 PM

I think the deal is that Smith ALWAYS wants the ball. He's possibly one of the best clutch players of all time (any team). But, at the same point he can be somewhat babyish. I don't mean that in a contrite "F*** SMITH" kinda way. I think he may be one of my all time favorite players. He will be vocal if he is displeased, and Jimmy needs to put him in line or listen depending on why he is upset. I almost wish they would trade him because the dude deserves a Super Bowl, and I don't think he will get one with Carolina within the span of his career. Jimmy needs to listen to him, and then tell him like it is....whether Steve likes the answer or not.

#39 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

^^^^hilarious

#40 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:20 PM

now were turning on smith.....it's different when your on the outside looking in compared to actually be in smitty shoes.

and if he wants out are we gonna act like we did when peppers wanted out?

Unfortunately, a lot of people here will bury Smitty.

#41 RonnieDobbs

RonnieDobbs

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

^^^^hilarious

My post or a previous one?

#42 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

Unfortunately, a lot of people here will bury Smitty.

If I were Smith I would have actually asked for a trade already honestly.

#43 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,215 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:33 PM

so the offense goes from vanilla to baby food? awesome

#44 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,042 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

so the offense goes from vanilla to baby food? awesome

Yea looking at Davidson, you'd think he could give us some cheeseburgers or pizza or something.

#45 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

I think he is toxic. Losing is hard, but when you are as talented as SS and the QB can't get you the ball because you are doubled or he doesn't have time, frustration mounts. SS is not known for his self discipline.

Jarrett might have found another life--he looked so bad today, I could have sworn he was getting cut on the flight home. I would consider putting Armanti out there. Message to Dumbass Davidson: Forget the Wildcat, forget punt returns, let the guy learn the WR spot. Also, USE BARNIDGE, you mildly retarted dolt. This is the third game where the announcers have questioned your calls and formations. Announcers!! And they are right. YOu have 8 in the box and you motion toward the LOS and run up the damn middle. Due to the formation and the motion, you brought the 9th man into the box. Sorry. Tangent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.