Photo
- - - - -

I don't think losing Smith for a week or three is that bad a thing.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

Hard to believe you guys are bashing Smith. Out of all the garbage on the Panthers offense, he's the one you complain about? At least he can play unlike Jimmy Clausen, the oline and the other WR who I doubt will last 2-3 more years in the NFL.

I don't think anyone is bashing him, some are just facing reality. Steve Smith is getting older and has lost a step like it or not. He has been very vocal to the young guns on this team and reluctant to "mentor" anyone! As much as we all love him, and what he has done for this team, moving forward he is hurting us more than he is helping us right now. He is to wrapped up in himself and his stats and his status on the team rather than making the team better for everyone!

I love Smitty but he needs to chillaxe and either ask for a trade or go with the flow and stop being selfish

#62 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

Smith was doing fine before Jimmy came in. Im not saying, just saying

#63 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

Smith was doing fine before Jimmy came in. Im not saying, just saying

Smitty may have been but the team was still 0-2 and couldn't score more than 7 points in a game.

No one else in the offense was involved

The team as a whole is better with Jimmy in there. Running game finally sparked a little last week, O-line looked better, Jimmy did well, recievers (Gettis) looked like the real deal and the D stepped it up.

I would rather the entire team do "fine" rather than just one player...just me though :D

#64 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hard to believe you guys are bashing Smith. Out of all the garbage on the Panthers offense, he's the one you complain about? At least he can play unlike Jimmy Clausen, the oline and the other WR who I doubt will last 2-3 more years in the NFL.

I mean they're worried about Jimmy Clausen's "feelings" when the guy hasnt even won a game yet. :lol: Let this guy get some hair on his chest first before we give him the "benefit of the doubt" over a seasoned vet like Smitty who's been in the trenches with us for years.

#65 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

who in this thread is bashing smith you hysterical potato.

#66 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:44 PM

Smitty may have been but the team was still 0-2 and couldn't score more than 7 points in a game.

No one else in the offense was involved

The team as a whole is better with Jimmy in there. Running game finally sparked a little last week, O-line looked better, Jimmy did well, recievers (Gettis) looked like the real deal and the D stepped it up.

I would rather the entire team do "fine" rather than just one player...just me though :D

Disagree. The team looks the same since pre-season. Doesnt look better with Jimmy in than with Matt in. Just like yesterday, we were 1 or 2 plays from a win away like against TB

Fox has completely lost it... I wont blame him entirely though. Put in the situation he's been put in, you're bound to make irrational decisions

#67 Kakarot

Kakarot

Aggie Pride!

HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:45 PM

I mean they're worried about Jimmy Clausen's "feelings" when the guy hasnt even won a game yet. :lol: Let this guy get some hair on his chest first before we give him the "benefit of the doubt" over a seasoned vet like Smitty who's been in the trenches with us for years.

lol okay!
Talking about Jimmy gets nervous around Smith. He better man up. Man, if he cant handle a lil attitude and pressure, then we dont need him here. If Clausen would take some chances and throw the ball deep to Smith every once in awhile, then Smith wouldnt keep barking. He's getting open. We weren't winning but 5 games with Smith out there. Without him, I dont know if we'll win 3. I dont see how this is good at all. Our offense could barely get 14 pts, sh*t, imagine how horrible our offense will be now. Eventually, our D is going to get tired of this crap

#68 HPPantherzfan

HPPantherzfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:03 PM

Disagree. The team looks the same since pre-season. Doesnt look better with Jimmy in than with Matt in. Just like yesterday, we were 1 or 2 plays from a win away like against TB

Fox has completely lost it... I wont blame him entirely though. Put in the situation he's been put in, you're bound to make irrational decisions

So you don't think the team, as a whole, looked better yesterday?

Ok, I disagree but thats your opinion and I respect it

#69 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. Yea its going to suck because we aren't going to win any games, but at least Lafell and Gettis will get some reps out there, at this point can we please just cut our losses and trade Jarrett for anything. Anything.

fixed

#70 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

We dont need Smith

Take him out and the Panthers are just perfect. Everybody smiling and having a good ol time. Yee-hawww

Edited by beastson, 10 October 2010 - 04:43 PM.

#71 Panths

Panths

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:49 PM

Little did we know how important it is that he commands two defenders

#72 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

HUDDLER

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:57 PM