Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Something to Think About: Clausen vs Bradford

not sure anyone really expected feeley to stay as the starter. you don't draft the #1 overall to let him sit behind the likes of feeley.

anyway, the point is, bradford has had more time to work as the starter. clausen was just thrown in without having much of a chance to prepare.

also, consider his first game was in a downpour, the second game was in the superbandwagondome having to deal with noise that would make your ears bleed. not exactly ideal situations for anyone. next week should be better....or at least would have been except now he won't have smith to take pressure off of the other WRs and to keep that 9th man out of the box.

he'll have to find his groove. he did pop his cherry and get his first passing TD, so that has to help with some confidence. get him back home next week in normal weather conditions and with three weeks under his belt as the starter and he should be better.

How in the world did Clausen come into a better situation? As of today, the Rams have better receivers and a better offensive line than we do. They also have the best running back. They also don't have a fullback that sucks. And everybody in the Rams organization expected Bradford to win the starting job very quickly and prepared that way in the offseason whereas everyone expected Moore to at least be serviceable this season and for Clausen to sit. So yes, saying Clausen is in the better situation gets a lol from me.

And my point about The Golden Calf of Bristol is that it would be a better comparison to compare Clausen to The Golden Calf of Bristol rather than Bradford. And The Golden Calf of Bristol is currently the #3 quarterback in Denver behind Kyle Orton (lol) and Brady Quinn (lololololol).

He did come into a better situation. The Rams have mediocre receivers. Clayton, their best receiver is mediocre at best. We atleast have a playmaker in Smitty. Both our O-lines suck, but we're probably better than the Rams on the O-line. Steven Jackson the best running back? He's a top 5 back, but we have D-Will and J-Stew. They both went for 1100 yards last season.

Saying Clausen wasn't expected to start is an excuse. He and Moore competeted in camp, and he SHOULD be ready, even if he wasn't expected to start. Clausen absolutely ended up in a better situation. Maybe it doesn't look like it, but he did. I think Bradford is just making his teammates look better, simple as that.

At least Bradford puts his team into a position where they have a chance at winning. At least they have some offense. We have better weapons than the Rams, and can't even put up half the points.

what better weapons? their oline is better, their rb is equal or better, we have one wr on them but their overall group is better and they actually sling the ball around.

How in the world did Clausen come into a better situation? As of today, the Rams have better receivers and a better offensive line than we do. They also have the best running back. They also don't have a fullback that sucks. And everybody in the Rams organization expected Bradford to win the starting job very quickly and prepared that way in the offseason whereas everyone expected Moore to at least be serviceable this season and for Clausen to sit. So yes, saying Clausen is in the better situation gets a lol from me.

And my point about The Golden Calf of Bristol is that it would be a better comparison to compare Clausen to The Golden Calf of Bristol rather than Bradford. And The Golden Calf of Bristol is currently the #3 quarterback in Denver behind Kyle Orton (lol) and Brady Quinn (lololololol).

Are you serious??? at the time..top 10 Oline,best group of RB in the NFL and top 10 WR and QB that could hold the job untill he was ready to take it..It did not work out like that. but that was the thinking by everybody at the time.Thats a way better situation than Bradford.

You cant say 100% what anyone in the rams FO was thinking.No it would not be a better comparison because nobody ever brought up Tebows name as the #1 overall pick but Clausen and Bradford were in the discussion for the top spot.

I don't know how to explain Bradfords success this early, but he is playing damn good football. I'm living in St. Louis right now and I have to go to the bar every sunday to catch our games, but since the bar is FULL of rams fans (Yes they do have fans) I see a lot of their game on the big screen. I'm always rooting for them to fail so they can shut up, but Bradford is playing wayyyy better than I ever expected....

A few bad throws here and there, but quick decisions with the ball.... good reads... very accurate passes.... goes thru his progressions well, and seems to have complete control over the offense. Even the games they loss he played well, and some of those Int's are mistelling. If he keeps it up they have a chance to win that Mess of a division known as the NFC West.

To get an idea about how much reps mean to a QB. we can all agree clausen played much better this week than last..on the road in a hostile atmosphere. Not to mention the qb headset was broken most of hte first quarter. We saw marked improvement from his 1st to his 2nd start (examples, no turnovers)...all jimmy needs is time to gel with the 1's. It'll happen.

I agree with the training camp thing, but the Rams WR corps are no more experienced than the Panthers. Mark Clayton, despite being a first round pick, never got anymore than 700 yards in one seasonin his career. And Gibson and Amendola were both practice squad players for other teams prior to this year. Laurent Robinson isn't even playing and Mardy Gilyard has one catch for 7 yards.

And that line was terrible last year. Part off it is definitely Bulger's fault, but him, Boller, and Null was sacked 44 times last year. And they didn't exactly overhaul it.

And you do know that Kyle Orton is averageing 355 yards a game with a 67.5 completion percentage right? I don't see why that is funny. The Golden Calf of Bristol played better than Quinn in the preseason no doubt, just with the offense The Golden Calf of Bristol played in, it would be silly to throw him on the field.

In college? Nah, Clayton left a year before Bradford came in.

Guys... the Rams beat the Redskins and the Seahawks two of the worst defenses in the league.

Bradford had snaps with the starters from Day 1 and took over very early when Feeley went down. He's had way longer to work with the starters than Clausen.

All this said, when these guys go head to head let the best QB win.

Clausen has been making mistakes but unfortunately the mistakes he is making are mistakes that you ideally iron out in the preseason.

His biggest issue is confidence. With Smith off the field critiquing his every move I expect very good things to happen.

Keep in mind Panthers are the younger team.

Are you serious??? at the time..top 10 Oline,best group of RB in the NFL and top 10 WR and QB that could hold the job untill he was ready to take it..It did not work out like that. but that was the thinking by everybody at the time.Thats a way better situation than Bradford.

You cant say 100% what anyone in the rams FO was thinking.No it would not be a better comparison because nobody ever brought up Tebows name as the #1 overall pick but Clausen and Bradford were in the discussion for the top spot.

I think we as fans tend to make the Panthers sound better cause its our team.

We knew we didnt have any WRs besides Smith.

We knew Moore was untested and it was discussed numerous times.

We knew our team had a fire sale with the Vets and we had a very young

team.

We didnt know Otah was going to have surgery but then we knew our Oline

was going to be bad without him.

The bright side was we had some core players like Beason, Gamble, Smith, Dwill/Jstew, and Gross.

If you ask me thats really not all that great of a situation. Its not what I would call a vet team by any means.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PanthersToast88