#76 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

I think he used the negative posts about richardson as an excuse. Sounds fishy

exactly, he probably committed to something that he couldnt back-up, and instead of being a man, and saying "hey, i made a mistake..." he tried to blame it on someone else. he is a coward.

i am struggling right now with my bills, and cant afford to donate, but at least i have enough class not to put myself in that kind of situation.

the good thing is that at least he didnt wait until the last minute to back out.

#77 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:24 AM

guys i met this prince from nigeria he needs me to take his money i just have to set up an escrow account he can access

want me to forward you his info?/?????????

#78 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,105 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

I will cover the tailgate. Just promise me you will all eat a turd in my honor.

Hey Zod, I will split the portion that Gmonet left us with if you want.

Just let me know.

#79 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

My bet is he was drunk when he said he would do it. Sobered up and suddenly wasn't feeling so generous.

#80 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,829 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

http://www.gifsoup.c....php?id=1206584

#81 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,105 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:31 AM

Anyone who was wanting to cover the lost amount can still donate. Anything in excess to the needed costs just goes into the donation jar.

I do not agree with Gmonet's move. However, I do agree that some on this board are fuging retarded.

Wishing injury, death, etc on anyone related to the Panthers is WAY overboard. I am as avid a Panthers fan as you will find....I love to watch my team win...I do not always agree with the moves of the franchise...however, I do not take it that damn seriously.

Come Monday morning, my life goes on whether the Panthers win or lose.

If you get so worked up over the success of a sports team, you need to evaluate your life....or at least get one.

Remember guys....IT IS A fuging GAME.

Edited by MadHatter, 04 October 2010 - 08:33 AM.

#82 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

Gmonet is someone I've never met in person. Two months ago he agreed to sponsor half the money for the tailgate this Sunday vs. the Bears. We need that money to help pay for all the food so we can provide it on a donation basis to raise money for Toys for Tots. Ranucci is setup to do the tailgate.

So Friday (9days before the tailgate) Gmonet comes up and says he doesn't want to sponsor the tailgate anymore. Says that he is buds with Richardson and was turned off by some postings that were critical of Richardson and doesn't want anything to do with the Huddle anymore. So he's pulling out of his sponsorship pledge, which helps buy bikes at Christmas to needy children, because he was turned off by some poster from probably Illinois who has never come to a tailgate and is now leaving us high and dry on enough sponsorship money to make it where 100% of the donations can go to charity.

What do you call a guy like this?

I call it pretty lame.

But I also agree that the bant stick should have been administered to those who were so crass as to make some of the comments that gmonet is allegedly PO'ed about.
Two wrongs don't make a right and the wrong people would definitely end up on the short end of the stick if others had not stepped up.

The third wrong is this thread, especially being stickied. It clearly is intended to bash gmonet and is loaded with speculation as to his true motives. Folks have received infractions for less. Ya'll can start bashing me now.

#83 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,105 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

I call it pretty lame.

But I also agree that the bant stick should have been administered to those who were so crass as to make some of the comments that gmonet is allegedly PO'ed about.
Two wrongs don't make a right and the wrong people would definitely end up on the short end of the stick if others had not stepped up.

The third wrong is this thread, especially being stickied. It clearly is intended to bash gmonet and is loaded with speculation. Folks have received infractions for less. Ya'll can start bashing me now.

I am not bashing Gmonet. I have actually met him a few times, and he is a good guy.

I do not agree with pulling the sponsorship, because the objective of the tailgates is to raise money for the kids.

As for the comments, they too sicken me. The quality of posting on this board has taken a severe turn south over the past couple of years. It seems like we are attracting the juevenile and mentally challenged from our fan base. But, then again...that is not that uncommon on an internet forum.

#84 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,829 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:43 AM

Anyone who was wanting to cover the lost amount can still donate. Anything in excess to the needed costs just goes into the donation jar.

I do not agree with Gmonet's move. However, I do agree that some on this board are f**king retarded.

Wishing injury, death, etc on anyone related to the Panthers is WAY overboard. I am as avid a Panthers fan as you will find....I love to watch my team win...I do not always agree with the moves of the franchise...however, I do not take it that damn seriously.

Come Monday morning, my life goes on whether the Panthers win or lose.

If you get so worked up over the success of a sports team, you need to evaluate your life....or at least get one.

Remember guys....IT IS A f**kING GAME.

This is why the not crazy posters need to neg rep the assholes who say poo like that. I know neg rep is not much, but it all we got to try and curb that poo. The real problem is knowing who is serious and who is just trying to be funny about it. Yeah, Smoots I'm talking about you!

#85 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:48 AM

if you agree with the statement "the team would be better without Jerry Richardson as the owner," and "Jerry will not be alive soon," and you wish for the team to get better no matter what, then.......

#86 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

No one is wishing that. I love JR and wish hope to see him enjoying many superbowls to come, as he turns 100.

All those that take one football game so serious can go fug themselves. As well as those that think not donating money FOR THE KIDS because of one poster on a message board.

#87 Sandy Claws

Sandy Claws

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

I am not bashing Gmonet. I have actually met him a few times, and he is a good guy.

I do not agree with pulling the sponsorship, because the objective of the tailgates is to raise money for the kids.

As for the comments, they too sicken me. The quality of posting on this board has taken a severe turn south over the past couple of years. It seems like we are attracting the juevenile and mentally challenged from our fan base. But, then again...that is not that uncommon on an internet forum.

I didn't intend the bashing comment to be all inclusive, but there is a lot going on here. Keeping this stickied will only allow it to continue.

Yeah, he said he would.

Yeah, he changed his mind.

Yeah, the notice was kinda short.

But, plenty have stepped up and covered it.

Make the post so that others are aware, but stickying it just keeps a continued bashfest going. That's over the top.

#88 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,185 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:55 AM

I agree. And the wishing death on ANYONE is way overboard. And unless Zod stops me, I will now perma ban anyone for doing it. I can't speak for the other mods or admins, but that is what I will do.

I call it pretty lame.

The third wrong is this thread, especially being stickied. It clearly is intended to bash gmonet and is loaded with speculation as to his true motives.

If anyone has a problem with this thread being stickied, take it up with me. Mush originally posted this in the lounge to vent his frustration. I moved it here and stickied it for the purpose of letting everyone know 1) how gmonet screwed over the Huddle and the charity we are working with 2) to let others know who planned to be at the tailgate that we might fall short of our normal standards and why 3) to see if we could get some other posters to step up to the plate and help out.

I was very reserved about moving it here and stickying it due to the fact some would think this is just a change to bash gmonet. But I decided to go ahead and sticky it since the overall outcome is for the benefit of the charity.

#89 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:57 AM

I still don't know what the paypal account is?

#90 Debil

Debil

Stop the insanity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:59 AM

I call it pretty lame.

The third wrong is this thread, especially being stickied. It clearly is intended to bash gmonet and is loaded with speculation as to his true motives. Folks have received infractions for less. Ya'll can start bashing me now.

This.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.