Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peppermint9030

Extend Fox!!!

44 posts in this topic

........... Why would you want cowher who has had more 8-8, 7-9 seasons then winning seasons. Why? because of one super bowl win as a 6th seed? ............

The above statement alone killed all the credibilityof this post. You need to switch the names. Fox has had more 8-8, 7-9 seasons then winning one. Check it out for yourself. Cowher had 10 Winning Seasons in his 15yrs coaching. He had a stretch of 6 winning seasons in a row, 3 in row, and 2 in row. John Fox doesnt even come close to that kind of consistency.

Cowher: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/CowhBi0.htm

Fox: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm

I am not saying Cowher is the answer but I would take him over Fox any day. The John Fox era is over. I will be pissed off if he is here next season. I think the new regim should have been in here already working with this current roster and be the ones in charge of the rebuilding. If Fox stays we will see the same keep it close, do little, depend on breaks, and win in the 4th qtr style that will deliver a winning season every several years or so - Maybe.

i wasnt posting a fact...i was just saying hes had his share of 8-8 and 7 win seasons.

Fox's biggest flaw has come back to bite he and hurney in the rear. That flaw is neglecting the QB and WR position.

In the nfl you have to adapt to the changing environment. While run first, run second, pass thrid got us near the promise land in 2003, that philosphy needs to be tweaked over time and adjusted for defensive scheme changes.

Fox has never been able to adjust, not in the short or the long term. I believe that is what will ultimately cost him his job her.

I am grateful for what he has done for this franchise. He may have the personality of a brick, but he has been a stand up guy and I have appreciated his fire and passion

I also would like to point out that Jon Gruden hasn't been as good as Cowher.

Jeff Davidson needs to be fired first,then Fox and company.Might want to retain Meeks or get D Green as DC.Cowher would be good for Carolina,if you want someone new,get Leslie Frazure(sp) or somebody like that.

Cowher equals a 3-4 defense...and if you want to bust up the flow of our d then be my guest and watch what happens. How have they ne.glected the #2 wr? They signed keyshawn, drafted jarrett resigned moose drafter, gettis, armanti, and lafell. Just because the past didnt pan out didnt mean they neglected it.

Jeff Davidson needs to be fired first,then Fox and company.Might want to retain Meeks or get D Green as DC.Cowher would be good for Carolina,if you want someone new,get Leslie Frazure(sp) or somebody like that.

A new head coach usually means a new defense and more growing pains...

I dont want cowher I just am sicking of the same old pussy vanilla offense from Fox. The Complacency from the coaching staff is what irks me.

Tough issue. Fox is probaby better than 90% of the candidates out there. He has won a bunch of games and his guys play hard.

1 person likes this

• Topics

• You're looking at a false reality. You're creating a narrative that doesn't truly exist, that a person is only defined by their race and nothing else. Your views on people are just as bad as those who created the Jim Crow Laws, spit on people and look down on them based on race only, and enslaved millions because of the color of their skin; never once considering them how they are as a person. You see them based on their race instead of how they are as people. Ignore the fact that America has elected a black president twice in a row for an 8 year presidency. Ignore the plentiful amount of successful blacks in plenty of fields of career fields who are wealthy and living a productive and successful lifestyle. Ignore the dominance of black athletes in sports. Look at them as people, and how their personality and characteristics got them to where they are instead of race. The way they got to where they are is completely justified and has nothing to do with race.
    • He's the most intriguing prospect of the draft.  If he can be a true T with the ability to not only play both spots but to excel in them we may have selected one of the steals of the draft.  Sucks we won't have that 5th yr option but I'd welcome that problem later to have a true LT/RT for years to come.
    • I 100% support his politics. I 100% hate him as a QB...along with Wilson Luck and Ryan. I want him to succeed as I like having NFL adversaries for Cam #TeamCam