Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Its obvious to anyone with a clue, the Panthers draft with their first pick...

241 posts in this topic

Wouldn't mind drafting a DT in the first but, like you said I'd rather trade down get a 2nd and draft a OL in the first to replace the train wreck that has been this year, then draft a WR or DT in the next two rounds.

Yup.

I would love this draft strategy.

And with a Rookie cap, top 5 picks are going to be SUPER valuable.

you think a new CBA will be done in time???

I dont.

AE is our 2nd rounder....smh :(

huh, I hope the Saints don't ever follow that draft strategy. Look at Denver trading a future first to get Alphonso Smith in the second and he's gone within the year and the first round pick turns into Earl Thomas

you think a new CBA will be done in time???

I dont.

I have 0 doubt that one will be done. Fear not my friend.

A post I had last week on why I thought there would be no lockout.

First and foremost, the NFL did not get to the top of the sports pyramid by being stupid, and the lockout would be very stupid. These guys are so good, they wont let emotions stand in the way of pragmatism. Meaning, either they both and give a little and and lose a little, or they both lose. Also, the former NFLPA was a hard headed, raging idiot who resigned months ago.

Secondly, The players want more of the "pie" and so do the owners, so instead of the owners giving that. They want to expand the pie. The players will resist at first, however money talks. And with the expanded rosters and a rookie pay scale, veterans needs will be met.

Lastly and most recently, yesterdays meeting seemed cordial and positive. Furthermore and surprisingly, they even had a joint statement. This outcome, opposed to storming out and raising hell, gives me even more optimism of no lockout.

A.J. Green is the guy I want. If he's out, then we get a DT.

A.J. Green is the guy I want. If he's out, then we get a DT.

Maybe the Panthers can trade down far enough to pick up Julio Jones and get back the second round pick

I have 0 doubt that one will be done. Fear not my friend.

A post I had last week on why I thought there would be no lockout.

Bruce I believe you've reached your opinion by not understanding a single word of what's going on with the labor negotiations.

I think it firmly relies on who the next coach will be.

If he is an offensive minded coach who believes in the passing game, a WR might not be out of the question.

I could realistically wee DT, CB, or maybe even OL if a stud was there.....I am just not that sold on Gross as an elite LT.

I think it firmly relies on who the next coach will be.

If he is an offensive minded coach who believes in the passing game, a WR might not be out of the question.

I could realistically wee DT, CB, or maybe even OL if a stud was there.....I am just not that sold on Gross as an elite LT.

A new coach might want someone else to be his QB of the future. He might not like Clausen that much

Foxy drank his own cool aid in thinking that his scheme made DT's better than they were. And while that may be true with Rucker on one side of you and Jenkins and Peppers on the other....this is not actually the case.

If you are going to play conservative D, not blitz a ton, and use the ground game to try to win you football games....a stout D line is a must.

A new coach might want someone else to be his QB of the future. He might not like Clausen that much

Doubtful.....Jimmy has shown all of the tools to be a very good QB.

I doubt that a new coach would make a move from him in the first year...even if he had questions as to whether he was "his" guy.

Bruce I believe you've reached your opinion by not understanding a single word of what's going on with the labor negotiations.

Fiz, I believe you reached your opinion by not understanding a single word of my post.