Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WalterFootball.com 2011 Mock Draft

41 posts in this topic

Posted

update

Carolina Panthers: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

I'm not buying what Brandon LaFell and David Gettis did against the crappy 49ers secondary. I don't trust LaFell's shaky hands, and Gettis isn't anymore consistent. Let's see if they can continue to produce at that pace. Besides, prospects like Green don't come around very often

Carolina Panthers: Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin

John Fox thinks talented tight ends are stupid. Fortunately, Fox will be moving on at the end of the season.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Posted

I would take Patrick p over green right now.

Posted

I agree with the stuff about LaFell but what has Gettis done that makes him inconsistent? He dropped a crucial pass that could've killed us, yes. So has Steve Smith many times. Gettis has been reliable receiver #1 for us this yr if you take hands, speed, catches, TDs and health into the equation.

Posted

i want peterson or green.

Posted

i want peterson or green.

Peterson is my first choice, but Green would be a nice consolation....

Posted

update

2.Carolina Panthers: A.J. Green, WR, Georgia

In their humiliating loss against the Bears, the Panthers became the first team to start a rookie quarterback and two rookie receivers in the same game since the 1999 Browns (Tim Couch, Kevin Johnson, Darren Chiaverini).

3.Carolina Panthers: Sione Fua, DT, Stanford

Starting defensive tackle Derek Landri has played very well thus far in terms of stopping the run, but neither he nor Ed Johnson offers much in terms of an interior pass rush. In a division with Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and the emerging Josh Freeman, this is an area Carolina will have to improve upon.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_3.php

Posted

In a division with QBs like ours, we should make pass rushing defensive line a priority. A defensive end would be more impactful than a corner or receiver.

Posted

In a division with QBs like ours, we should make pass rushing defensive line a priority. A defensive end would be more impactful than a corner or receiver.

true but a pentrating DT would make our DE look a lot better.

Posted

There aren't any worth the top three pick we will have. But we could sign Barry Cofield in free agency, or a DT of that nature, hopefully.

Posted

I want a pocket devouring DT, think we're fine on the ends.

Posted

Aldon Smith in 2012

6'5, 255, 4.69 40

Here he is against projected 1st-2nd round pick Nate Solder.

tu_FT1_aldon_0824_t620.jpg?fbf2daa044e08a86b24c9c38cd7501865a0e2373

Posted

Freshman? Holy crap- if he can work on his first step and hand work he'll be a monster.