Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello. I need your help.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Lexington doesn't look too far out of my way. I'll have to see if I can get there for lunch and still make my appointment in Virginia.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

:cheers2:

Oh, if you are flying into Charlotte and driving to Virgina you will (Can) go right through Lexington, shouldn't be hard at all to stop and have you some BBQ! I recommend Speedy's BBQ (http://speedysbbqinc.com/)on HWY 8 :D. If thats to far out of the way, just stop at any store and ask someone, they will point you in the right direction.

I do have to ask, though, if you are going to Virginia why not fly into something a lot closer for the drive like Greensboro? It's only like 30 mins, to the Virgina line.

Posted

Lexington doesn't look too far out of my way. I'll have to see if I can get there for lunch and still make my appointment in Virginia.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

:cheers2:

Yeah, if you are driving from Charlotte to Wytheville, it would be nothing but a right.

Posted

Oh, if you are flying into Charlotte and driving to Virgina you will (Can) go right through Lexington, shouldn't be hard at all to stop and have you some BBQ! I recommend Speedy's BBQ (http://speedysbbqinc.com/)on HWY 8 :D. If thats to far out of the way, just stop at any store and ask someone, they will point you in the right direction.

I do have to ask, though, if you are going to Virginia why not fly into something a lot closer for the drive like Greensboro? It's only like 30 mins, to the Virgina line.

This trip was set up just this week, and on such short notice, not a lot of decent flight options were available, and our travel department just set me up with the best option available for a reasonable price. To where I am heading, Greensboro is only 30 miles closer than Charlotte (Charleston is even closer, with Roanoke being the closest), and the time and cost difference was enough to select Charlotte.

A possible problem with stopping in Lexington on my way to Virginia is that I have to be in Bland no later than 2:00, and it is a 2 hour drive. I'll have to get to Speedy's close to the time they open (amazingly enough, they are open on Monday) and hope I don't make a wrong turn on the way. Assuming Real Southern Barbecue™ is as good as I've heard, I'm sure it will be worth it, though. Is anyone familiar with Aunt Bea's Barbecue in Hillsville, VA? That's further up the road and not too far out of the way so I would have fewer concerns about timing.

I just wish I could find a decent place to eat Sunday evening in Charlotte when I land so I don't have to worry so much about timing on Monday. I may have found a few places to try in Wytheville, but they're not BBQ-specific restaurants, as far as I can tell. I'm looking at Troy's Philly Cheese Steak for a good sandwich (though I've also been told that I can't get a good Philly Cheese Steak sandwich outside of Pennsylvania--maybe I can go there next). Bob-B-Market shows up when I google "barbecue" in the Wytheville area, so they might have something worth checking out. And Grayson Restaurant & BBQ might be worth looking into, though I can't tell if they're actually in business (Google Maps street view shows a for sale sign in front of an abandoned-looking building).

So, another question, if I can't find any good barbecue Sunday night in Charlotte, and I still want some local cuisine, where do I go? Is fried chicken big in this part of the country, and should I seek out a good fried chicken establishment? Any other recommendations?

Posted

Lexington has the best bbq

Posted

Alright. I think I'll try an early lunch at Speedy's in Lexington.

Thanks again.

Posted

There is a place at the airport where you can get a grilled cheese sandwich for about $15. I think it's near gate 42.

Posted

Ranucci's serves his BBQ at Center Street Tavern or Front Street Tavern in Cramerton, NC. On Sunday, it won't be as fresh as during the week but still very tasty.

Posted

Is Mac's Speed Shop open on Sunday?

Posted

You should try Eastern NC BBQ, too.

Posted

Would anyone else like to Amanti Edwards take three to five snaps a game in the wildcat offense. And by the way anyone that does think Edwards was one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time never say him play.

Posted

Would anyone else like to Amanti Edwards take three to five snaps a game in the wildcat offense. And by the way anyone that does think Edwards was one of the greatest college quarterbacks of all time never say him play.

Derp

Posted

Lexington is by far the best BBQ around. Speedy's is great.

By the way, BBQ festival is coming soon.