Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armanti Edwards has sea legs for first Carolina Panthers game

162 posts in this topic

Posted

I love how people expect a college QB to be an awesome WR overnight. How many punts did he return in college? How many routes did he run, or passes did he catch? Yeah it was lame to spend a 2nd round on him. Give the kid a season under his belt before you judge him.

Posted

I expect him to be able to run!, I know learning the position will take years. This is the nfl not high school football.

Posted

If he gets a catch that is an improvement.

If he gets to wear a uniform and be out there for a play will be an improvement

Posted

QBs get to take breaks when passing and running. WRs have to run each route all the way through even when they don't get the ball. He's in shape to be a Mobile QB, just not WR shape yet.

Posted

Guess they should have had him on treadmills all summer running 3+ hours at a time

Posted

Maybe Hurney meant that him and DJ have been hitting the bars together, and Edwards has been fall-down drunk since we drafted him.

Posted

I expect him to be able to run!, I know learning the position will take years. This is the nfl not high school football.

You mean like our second round pick that can't throw? This is the NFL, not Notre Dame.

Posted

I'm guessing Armanti had no idea how much running he was going to be doing as a WR in an NFL training camp... let's give the kid a break, we haven't even seen him play in a regular season game yet.

Posted

hey look a 2nd round pick has no legs, nice one hurney you are a genius.

Hey look, a Panthers "fan" who changed his forum avatar to a Colts logo in week 2...

Posted

... and the Armanti debate rages on...

As a Panther fan I hope he can readily accelerate his development. Unfortunately, in the simplest terms, he doesn't "look" like an NFL position player to me. Sometimes we overanalyze. I think it's just not there for him. Hope I'm wrong.

Posted

Armanti doesn't have the Penningtonitis that Clausen does though. Kid has an arm.

Posted

Kinda like the rookie NASCAR driver that had problems turning left...

Kinda like the rookie NBA kid who had problems going to his right...

Kinda like the rookie MLB outfielder who could throw a mile but couldn't catch

Kinda like the rookie NHL winger who couldn't hit a slap shot from either side